Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As a recieving TE... I think Fred Davis is better

downbeat87

4-5 years ago, Cooley DID have great hands.

Today, Cooley drops almost as many as he catches.

4-5 years ago, Cooley broke tackles left and right, often running through 3-4 would be tacklers on a single play.

Today, Cooley goes down with the first tackler.

Most of us really like Chris Cooley, including myself. It's time to recognize things for what they've become though.

"Davis- Overrated, his not starting, Blah Blah." Look at how much all these people LOVE Cooley!!! Wow, so many other people than just Skins fans agree Davis is good (playmaker) and understand we need a big receiver. Again they understand the possibility of trading Cooley and Portis, but say "who can we get?" Who wants them? Answer that.

4-5 years ago, Cooley broke tackles left and right, often running through 3-4 would be tacklers on a single play.

Most of us really like Chris Cooley, including myself. It's time to recognize things for what they've become though.

You realize that you're overstating your side of the argument just as much as someone who would claim Cooley is a GREAT TE, right? Just last week, Cooley broke 3 tackles on a key play vs. Green Bay. Now, I think he's a good, solid TE, but let's try to present facts, not ridiculous assertions.

You realize that you're overstating your side of the argument just as much as someone who would claim Cooley is a GREAT TE, right? Just last week, Cooley broke 3 tackles on a key play vs. Green Bay. Now, I think he's a good, solid TE, but let's try to present facts, not ridiculous assertions.

Relax dude. I'm just calling it how I see it. He drops a lot of passes and rarely breaks tackles the way he used to. To me, he's clearly in decline. So for all the folks telling the O.P. he's alone; well, he's not.

Relax dude. I'm just calling it how I see it. He drops a lot of passes and rarely breaks tackles the way he used to. To me, he's clearly in decline. So for all the folks telling the O.P. he's alone; well, he's not.

Cooley is currently 6th in catches and 6th in yards among all NFL tight ends. What an awful decline.

Why do you think that is?

Because he doesn't have the same charismatic personality, and isn't the lovable goofball with the hot wife ;) And if he is....he doesn't advertise it in a way that allows the fans to know it, like Cooley does.

Cooley's a quirky, funny, kinda strange dude, the kind of guy you can imagine getting drunk and pulling stupid pranks with. And he's open enough in his life to let the fans see this.

Davis could be all of these things, although I highly doubt it, but he won't be a fan favorite like Cooley because he's not accessible like Cooley.

Many people, if they were being honest, would probably say its because he's a cool white dude who plays a game for a living and obviously loves it....he's who many of us would be if we had the talent, and he's living the dream, while being excellent at what he does.

But I wouldn't simplify it that much, even though I have a feeling that's where your question was leading.

I'm relaxed...and objective. I don't disagree that he's on the decline, but I certainly wouldn't classify him as a TE who drops "almost as many as he catches" or "goes down with the first tackler" at all. If that's how you see it, then your opinion is pretty useless in any meaningful debates.

And, as I said, I'm someone who believes Davis will outproduce Cooley from this point forward...I just think it's funny how people will come up with anything to try to "prove" their points.

Your whole post is bullcrap. Cooley has caught almost everything this season. I remember one drop last night. Also, have you even watched the games this season? Cooley gets plenty of yards after the catch.

Doesn't change the fact that he drops a lot more balls and goes down MUCH easier than he used to. Noone said it was "an awful" decline. Well, at least not me. But a decline it is, IMHO.

You are either overstating your argument or you haven't watched all the games this season.

Your whole post is bullcrap. Cooley has caught almost everything this season. I remember one drop last night. Also, have you even watched the games this season? Cooley gets plenty of yards after the catch.

Take it easy on the "bullcrap" will ya? It just weakens your argument and it's simply unnecessary. Just look at it objectively.

1. I've watched every game this year, and if you think Cooley has only dropped one pass, then, well, I would recommend exercises that encourage memory retention.

2. I didn't say he failed to get yards after the catch, did I? Tell me what I said, then tell me Cooley breaks tackles the way he used to. I dare you.

Doesn't change the fact that he drops a lot more balls and goes down MUCH easier than he used to. Noone said it was "an awful" decline. Well, at least not me. But a decline it is, IMHO.

He's dropped 2 passes this season and caught 28.

He's on pace to have his best statistical season ever.

His blocking is better than ever.

But apparently this still isn't good enough. I don't get it.

Take it easy on the "bullcrap" will ya? It just weakens your argument and it's simply unnecessary. Just look at it objectively.

1. I've watched every game this year, and if you think Cooley has only dropped one pass, then, well, I would recommend exercises that encourage memory retention.

2. I didn't say he failed to get yards after the catch, did I? Tell me what I said, then tell me Cooley breaks tackles the way he used to. I dare you.

What weakens your argument is everything you said isn't fact. You obviously have not seen all the games this season. If you have and believed what you typed, you are simply way overstating your argument and have a bias.

You said he can't break tackles, which is utter crap. He broke like three tackles in one play recently.

What weakens your argument is everything you said isn't fact. You obviously have not seen all the games this season. If you have and believed what you typed, you are simply way overstating your argument and have a bias.

You said he can't break tackles, which is utter crap. He broke like three tackles in one play recently.

I don't have an argument, I have an opinion, which negates the possibility that I'm "overstating" it, as you say. To me, he doesn't break tackles the way he used to, nor does he catch the ball the way he used to. That's merely stating my opinion. Imagine if we all had the same opinion. Would that be crap?

Children dying of starvation is "utter crap." Cooley getting older and breaking less tackles is life my friend. Relax.

Hehe, if I didn't see a game this season and read HateYanks post, I would have thought Cooley was the Rod Gardner of TEs. Thank you for facts.

I don't have an argument, I have an opinion, which negates the possibility that I'm "overstating" it, as you say. To me, he doesn't break tackles the way he used to, nor does he catch the ball the way he used to. That's merely stating my opinion. Imagine if we all had the same opinion. Would that be crap?

Children dying of starvation is "utter crap." Cooley getting older and breaking less tackles is life my friend. Relax.

No, an opinion is "I like the taste of cabbage" or "I find brunettes hotter than blonds" or whatever. Saying someone has a problem with drops when they only have two so far this season isn't an opinion. It's a misrepresentation of the facts.

Davis is a better TE...period. He is a freaking animal out there...Cooley is 29 and is not getting any younger...Davis will be our TE for the future and he will be better than Cooley. I'm not one of these narrow minded ppl thinking that we only need ONE great TE and have to trade one... No---keep both of them....I just believe that Davis is better and obviously has more potential because he is only 24. He is BEASTING at a young age.

Cooley had 2 drops last night by the way. Yes he breaks tackles...yes he has decent hands....yes he can run routes....I just believe that Fred Davis can do it BETTER....and oh yeah..he's more athletic!!!! He will make people miss and you CANNOT cover him with a LB or DLineman unlike Coolster. Davis needs to be covered by a CB because he is faster, stronger, and quicker than Cooley...sorry guys..I know you love "CC47" but it's the truth

and no, he will not get traded...we just have a better TE under the Veteran right now...My eyes don't deceive me because I know what I see with that kid Davis (The only other great pick from the 08' draft). He will eventually take Cooley's spot and he will be our #1 receiving TE. When we go through another draft/FA and we get some big guys (OL, RB, FB, TE) to block for us upfront, you will see the superior potential in Davis....whether you want to see it or not.

This.

No, an opinion is "I like the taste of cabbage" or "I find brunettes hotter than blonds" or whatever. Saying someone has a problem with drops when they only have two so far this season isn't an opinion. It's a misrepresentation of the facts.

And this.

Archived