Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Offical Watson Cut !!!!!!!!!!!!!

dayumnuttinleft

It's official ... Watson was cut this morning to make room for SM, but my inside scoop saw that it was not a very popular choice by many of the players and byy Hue jackson himself, so much that Hue got kicked out of the meeting and getting into a verbal shout with the ole ball coach. Even lavar Arrington was present and told everyone, you guys are making a bad choice, so much as to say that we just cut the best back we have....... Cincy, was the first to contact him today but Watson has to sign his papers first...

Lavar better calm down and make like a cornerback and have a short memory. His mind state needs to be positive or we are in trouble on thursday. The only reason he was mad is because they are both penn state guys. Good move WAtson had 0 upside and was not proven. Hey its not like we cut Stephen Davis :doh:

How do you know all this? Is there an article somewhere?

my inside scoop saw that it...

Sounds a lot like those WT articles that use "an unnamed NFL source" for all their information.

I guess I just hope it's all not true. I like Watson much more than I like Betts. I'd much rather trade Betts and recover some picks. Too bad I don't make those decisions.

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Good move WAtson had 0 upside and was not proven. Hey its not like we cut Stephen Davis :doh:

0 upside? Except for heart, determination, and work ethic he's got nothing to offer!

sheeeeesh, what player have you been watching for the past year?

Dont get me wrong he has worked harder then anyother back on our roster and is still not head and toes better than any of them. Look at his build he is cut up and his frame is as big as its going to get. He has never been a great back. Dont get sucked into this hes a great guy I understand that but I think its fair to say he has O chance of being elite. Heart and workehthic is not always the best thing to go with or we would have a team full of Skaggs, Wood****s and Richmondflowers. Betts is bigger hits the whole a hell of a lot harder. Sultain could be one of the most athletic backs comming out of college this past year. He does not have 0 upside but it far short of the upside of Sultan and Betts.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Cuts are being leaked out all over the place. WFAN in New York gave a list of Giant players who were cut, including Charles Stackhouse. :doh: :cry:

I though Stackhouse was on the Wizards, :laugh: ;)

What I don't understand is why Jackson would be mad, when he recommended Sultan as he coached him his freshman and I believe sophomore year.

Was Arrington at Redskin Park by chance and heard the news?

I'm sure if he was upset it's because both played at Penn State.

If it's true, then we move on. Give Sultan his due, the guy made

the most of his opportunities. He beat the odds when many thought he was training camp fodder.

I believe dayumnuttinleft. We've had discussions before and he is close to Kenny Watson.

This news sucks. I thought Watson was our best back. He might not have the most size, speed or best hands, but he had heart.

The only skill player on offense left from Marty is now Darnerian McCants.

Let's take it easy here. Watson played hard and was pretty productive last year. But the bottom line is that he didn't do anything that Betts wasn't able to do. Watson outgained Betts due to more carries. WOW. The fact is we have two RBs who are just as good or better than him (Betts and Canidate) and a UDFA who has more upside and a more distinguished college career. I don't see what the fuss is about.

And if I can add, Watson probably only got more carries last year because he was a veteran and Betts was a rookie.

I can't believe that the team would keep Sultan over Kenny, I guess that's my bottom line. I just didn't see where Sultan performed so great in the preseason to warrant cutting a proven performer. Betts and Watson in my opinion both deserve to be on the roster.

Code, I see your point that Watson has proven more than Sultan in his career.

But if you have 2 or 3 guys that give you roughly the same production (which Betts, Trung, and Kenny will) why not cut one and keep someone who has great upside? It really wouldn't do us much good to have a third capable RB on the roster if he wouldn't play that much...and he wasn't going to play with Trung as our starter and Betts as our backup.

Sultan has the tools to become a Star I agree with Speedwagon 100% Watson did nothing Betts could not do. He had more carries because he was not a rookie. Sultans Resume is 20times longer than any of the backs on our roster if you look at his freshman numbers before injury. The kid has Willis Mcghee athletisism.

Archived