Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tailgating at fedex?

oraphus

So i am making my first ever the trip to DC w my gf and it will also obviously be my first time watching the skins play at home this Sun vs GB. I would like to partake in the tailgating festivities but i am not renting a car and planning on taking the subway or a taxi to the stadium.

I don't really know anyone in DC and was wandering how people are at tailgates here and if it's possible to just walk around with a 12-pack and join someone?

So from my past experiences at college games you can just walk around the parking lots, most people are pretty friendly and invite you to join them for food/ drinks.. it's not really a big deal.

Does it work the same way at Fedex or are things like that not typically done here?

It seems to be a pretty friendly atmosphere if you're an outgoing person (alcohol tends to do that to most). I usually travel with a pretty large group to games but we've invited some other fans to join us in the past. One game we were having trouble getting our grill going and it was getting close to game time and another group invited us over to use theirs.

Since you won't have a car I'd suggest eating before you get there or bringing some sort of sub/sandwhich you won't have to cook and just move around. Bring some beers and a football and talk to some fellow fans.

It seems to be a pretty friendly atmosphere if you're an outgoing person (alcohol tends to do that to most). I usually travel with a pretty large group to games but we've invited some other fans to join us in the past. One game we were having trouble getting our grill going and it was getting close to game time and another group invited us over to use theirs.

Since you won't have a car I'd suggest eating before you get there or bringing some sort of sub/sandwhich you won't have to cook and just move around. Bring some beers and a football and talk to some fellow fans.

This.

Get a cooler with wheels and load it up with ice and beer. I also recommend going to McD's beforehand and getting the $1 menu sandwiches if you think finding food will be an issue.

So i am making my first ever the trip to DC w my gf and it will also obviously be my first time watching the skins play at home this Sun vs GB. I would like to partake in the tailgating festivities but i am not renting a car and planning on taking the subway or a taxi to the stadium.

I don't really know anyone in DC and was wandering how people are at tailgates here and if it's possible to just walk around with a 12-pack and join someone?

So from my past experiences at college games you can just walk around the parking lots, most people are pretty friendly and invite you to join them for food/ drinks.. it's not really a big deal.

Does it work the same way at Fedex or are things like that not typically done here?

Easiest solution? Show up to the ES tailgate with some simple contributions like hot dogs and buns, and chip in some $$. There will be a TON of food....

I went to my first ES tailgate for the Dallas game and had an awesome time. The only problem we had was finding the right tailgaters in a sea of tailgaters. But I was told there are ES flags up that are usually flying but there was ZERO wind when we were hunting. But we new what section they were in so we walked to that section and just asked a few people where the ExtremeSkins tailgate was and someone finally pointed us in the right direction. Turns out it was Pez. I hear he usually has a good idea about where the tailgate is.

This is semi-unrelated, but does anybody know what time the lots open up for the Colts game next weekend? I was assuming that the 12pm deal was mainly because of Dallas.

at the moment, 4 hours before kick-off.

there is word in the rumor mill that there may be another 12 hour tailgate, one can only hope. :ols:

EDIT: It was announced that the lots are opening at 2:00pm for the Colts game.

Archived