Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowhurd gave the Redskins props today....

richhilljr

I have met him, I took a tour of ESPN in July and was invited into his live afternoon show SportsNation. We were in the audience the day of Favres retirement again. I've not been a fan in the past due to his ranting on the Skin's, but he impressed me as an individual. He was down to earth, he spent time during each and every tape and commercial break to come over and talk to every one in the audience. I believe now that some of his hate on us is an act. He knows how dedicated we are and that we will respond either way when he talks about the skins.

He should; his philosophy about winning football games is, If a team has a great coach and a good QB they can win any game, even with poor talent around the Qb. I remember the rants he went on crushing Zorn and Campbell.

And were those words uttered in TODAYS's segement dude?

have you never heard the phrase "consider the source"? it's unfathomable to me that you seem to completely not care that this guy is a horrible human being. are you that eager for the redskins to get a backhanded compliment that you'll take one from a known d-bag?

have you never heard the phrase "consider the source"? it's unfathomable to me that you seem to completely not care that this guy is a horrible human being. are you that eager for the redskins to get a backhanded compliment that you'll take one from a known d-bag?

I understand that, but what I'm saying is why did we need to bring his quotes up about Sean as a reference point, when there could have been alot of other "phrases and comments" used besides this. I mean surely Cowhurd has said other obnoxious comments that could have been referenced. Why did we need to use this?

I understand that, but what I'm saying is why did we need to bring his quotes up about Sean as a reference point, when there could have been alot of other "phrases and comments" used besides this. I mean surely Cowhurd has said other obnoxious comments that could have been referenced. Why did we need to use this?

because it was the worst one.

Whats the big deal about pointing out that Cowhurd is a huge douche by reminding us of the dumbass comments he made about Taylor? In no way does that disrespect Taylor, so why can't it be brought up? It does relate to this thread because it brings the importance of Cowhurd's comments into perspective and makes you consider why he's even on the radio spouting off anyway.

Most sports media personalities have said one or more incredibly stupid things. For my money, Cowherd gets it right more often than most. Glad that he is not the pure Skins hater he is incorrectly made out to be, and that he recognizes our modest moves in the right direction.

I guess the issue I have is that when the comment was posted, it was used in a way that IMO should have not been. A more proper response would have been, "Remeber this is the same guy that called him a thug who deserved what he got". The way it was presented in a positive thread makes it appear that Sean was being slammed again...

I'll get off my :soapbox: now.

He also said he ranked us at #5 out of the 13 current 2-2 teams in the nfl. I think he had colts, chargers, titans, dolphins then us. Had philly at 9, giants 10 or 11. Sorry can't really remember all of them. All in all I get the thread, it was surprising to hear "the turd" braggin on the skins, kinda made me feel like I needed a shower.

EDIT: Memory slowly coming back. Mentioned we essentially had the same roster as last year that Zorn took 4-12. See OP about comments about Shanny. Said we're an interesting team because our QB is past his prime, Galloway is old, started the season with old running backs, but we're dictating the flow of games for the most part. Says we handled dallass, dictated game to philly, should've beat texans, and just had a bad game against the rams. Says its the NFL you'll have the games but he's very intrigued by how we're doing it and thinks we're legit. He did not make any predictions about how we finish, or say we're the best in the east or anything like that. I think he still reserves that love for the cowboys.

Most sports media personalities have said one or more incredibly stupid things. For my money, Cowherd gets it right more often than most. Glad that he is not the pure Skins hater he is incorrectly made out to be, and that he recognizes our modest moves in the right direction.

I agree. I like his show and find myself saying "You know what? He's right" more often then not. Way more often.

I agree. I like his show and find myself saying "You know what? He's right" more often then not. Way more often.

He's very smart, but he also knows that the more people talk about him and his opinions, the higher his value (which is also smart, from a marketing and business standpoint). Thus he's brash, and can come off arrogant. He will also sometimes get carried away with his positions, and that is when he says something stupid.

Some people just can't handle someone with strong opinions. They like a kid gloves reporter. If that's what you want, go read Peter King.

He says these things to help his ratings and there is no other reasons. So why help this douch by bringing up these comments again and giving him more exposure. Yes these are nice comments for the Redskins, but I don't listen to this turd, ever. I'd rather listen to UnWise Mike.

He's very smart, but he also knows that the more people talk about him and his opinions, the higher his value (which is also smart, from a marketing and business standpoint). Thus he's brash, and can come off arrogant. He will also sometimes get carried away with his positions, and that is when he says something stupid.

Some people just can't handle someone with strong opinions. They like a kid gloves reporter. If that's what you want, go read Peter King.

Well said. I agree he can be obnoxious and arrogant, but again, he's proven right more times then not. I've never understood why people get in an uproar over media and radio personalities. They are trained to cause a reaction to get more reads/viewers/listeners. Like you said it's smart business and it works. Howard Stern is one of the best examples. People loved to hate him and listened to him anyway because they wanted to hear what he would say next.

People crying about the lack of media respect when it comes to the 'skins must be living on another planet because quite frankly, they haven't garnered any respect for pretty much 18 years now with a year here and there being the exception. I dare someone to prove otherwise.

He says these things to help his ratings and there is no other reasons. So why help this douch by bringing up these comments again and giving him more exposure. Yes these are nice comments for the Redskins, but I don't listen to this turd, ever. I'd rather listen to UnWise Mike.

There are lots of people who are loud and opinioned who don't have a fraction the ratings Cowherd does. If he was only loud and opinionated, he would be Jay Mariotti. So there must be some other reason people listen to him in huge numbers.

His radio show is money. I don't get to see his TV show too often but don't care for it. But most of his rants are funny and I agree most of the time. As for the Sean Taylor comment, I'm sure we woukd all like our every word to be dissected. Haven't heard it and don't care to. It's a pointless discussion. Give his radio show a chance, once you get used to his sense of humor he is pretty good. One of my favorites. He's not afraid to rio into any team .

Cowherd is garbage. Not just cause of the ST thing, he just goes for shock value and usually has no idea what he's talking about.

If we were 4-0, hed be trashing us, but since were a bit understated, he wants props for us.

Wow dude. You sound really bitter. To suggest that he would trash us if we were 4-0, yet he's giving us props at 2-0? Just makes you look ignorant.

CowHERD is a ****ing moron, that is why the quote and article were brought up. Not one Redskin fan or even one fan of actual sports should mention IN THE HERD WITH COLIN COW****

The normal Cowherd show goes:

1. Bring up a national topic

2. Bring up how it shouldn't be a topic

3. Make it a topic

4. State the obvious

5. When the obvious doesn't happen never go back to it and apologize or admit you were completely wrong (he will admit he was wrong 1 out of 10 times so it seems like he does it)

Archived