Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone else see Rush this year?

MintHillSkinsFan

I've always been a big Rush fan but last night was the first time I ever saw them live. They did not disappoint as the instrumentals were spectacular. I was never much for their "progressive" stuff in the late eighties and nineties but the songs they played from their upcoming album f'ing rocked! They sounded like the old Rush albums. I am definitely going to have to check it out when it is released.

With that being said, Geddy Lee needs to stay away from the high notes. They opened with Spirit of the Radio and it was actually cringe inducing. My buddy and I were horrified! He pulled it together for the most part after that but still any time he tried to climb the latter into those upper ranges it was pretty bad. Maybe it's just that this was the last show of the tour but I was not expecting that.

Overall, great show but I was wondering if his live voice was always like that or if he's just showing his age?

I've always been a big Rush fan but last night was the first time I ever saw them live. They did not disappoint as the instrumentals were spectacular. I was never much for their "progressive" stuff in the late eighties and nineties but the songs they played from their upcoming album f'ing rocked! They sounded like the old Rush albums. I am definitely going to have to check it out when it is released.

With that being said, Geddy Lee needs to stay away from the high notes. They opened with Spirit of the Radio and it was actually cringe inducing. My buddy and I were horrified! He pulled it together for the most part after that but still any time he tried to climb the latter into those upper ranges it was pretty bad. Maybe it's just that this was the last show of the tour but I was not expecting that.

Overall, great show but I was wondering if his live voice was always like that or if he's just showing his age?

I've seen them many times. First time in 76 on the 2112 tour-GWU. The band has always performed flawlessly in concert. Sounds just like the albums. Those high notes are difficult but I suspect that age or fatigue has Geddy in it's grasp. Glad to heard they are still rocking as consummate professions that they are. If they get by my neck of the woods I'll check them out. Thanks for the info.

They rock no doubt. Unfortunately i did not get to see them on this tour. I have seen them the last 2 times they have come to Virginia Beach, and they did not disappoint.

As far as Geddy's voice. Well, he is in his 50's for one thing, so those high notes just don't happen. His voice can sound better on any given day though. He actually sounded better the last time i saw them compared to a show in the 90's when i saw them. Nearing the end of the tour could have played into it.

Still waiting for their Rock and Roll Hall nomination though. Rush = Art Monk

I saw them last night as well. I thought they sounded better then they did the last tour, which is surprising given their age. It could also be do to the fact that this stop was one of the first last tour, where this tour it was the last.

I saw them for the first time in 1984 at the cap centre... awesome. Then again at the Cap Centre in 1987. Once in 1999 and then in 2007 in Cincinnati.

They skipped Cincy this tour... bummer - I really wanted to see them do the Moving Pictures stuff. Great band... if they arent in the HOF there shouldnt be one.

Archived