Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Field At FedEx.

blue collar

This might be nitpicking, but with the resources of the Skins, why does our field look shabby compared to other fields? This might not be popular, but IMO, the Ravens have the nicest looking field. The grass is dark green and the lines are think and bright and not faded like at FedEx. It just seems that one of the richest franchises would have a better looking field.

The Ravens switched to field turf in like 2003 or 2004. I remember working a beer stand @ PSInet/M&T for the Marines during a draft day party and was taken aback by how lush the field looked, I walked on the field and realized that it was the fake field turf stuff.

BTW, the Eagles field looked just as faded if not worse than the Skins field did on Sunday.

I would say that it probably has to do w/ the climate. The grass is different in Miami as opposed to here.

My seats were too close to the field to really tell, and I didn't notice anything bad. I have seen it look bad at the end of the season before, but that was weather related and it had been chewed up through there year. Also, maybe they had the tarp on it before the game Sunday, b/c it was raining from Noon to 4:00.

I would say that it probably has to do w/ the climate. The grass is different in Miami as opposed to here.

My seats were too close to the field to really tell, and I didn't notice anything bad. I have seen it look bad at the end of the season before, but that was weather related and it had been chewed up through there year. Also, maybe they had the tarp on it before the game Sunday, b/c it was raining from Noon to 4:00.

I don't think the field looks terrible. I would just like to see a greener field, with bolder/brighter lines and numbers and the Redskins logo not as faded.

I don't think the field looks terrible. I would just like to see a greener field, with bolder/brighter lines and numbers and the Redskins logo not as faded.

Well that's what happens on natural grass. Of course the paint on the field and the field itself is going to wear down as the games and season go along.

Sun Life Stadium uses PAT (Prescription Athletic Turf), it's real grass.

How do you think FedEx compares to other Northern climate grass fields. Eagles, Steelers, Browns, etc?

Arizona, Houston, CA teams, can't compare them to here.

Moving a big tarp over the field after it had it's final painting could have had something to do with it, assuming it was covered in the afternoon for the rain.

The Dolphins uses athletic turf which I guess is natural grass and their field also looks much better than FedEX.

The Cardinals have very nice real grass, but that grass gets full sun outside of the stadium between games and a year-round growing season. Our field is sod that has to be shipped up from North Carolina a couple times a year.

Heinz, Lambeau and Lincoln use Desso GrassMaster, which is composed of natural grass combined with artificial fibres. I knew Green Bay did, but didn't know that Steelers and Eagles also used this system. Wow, very few natural surfaces in cold weather climates.

I like my hogs in the mud.

Fedex is not "Real grass"... I was on the field in 09 for the DDP... I've got some of the grass in a ziplock bag... It's still the exact same color... and it's plastic, also it doesn't taste like grass...

If you have it, you have it. But everything states that Fedex field is real grass. Maybe they put something down for DDP in 09, but it isn't what the team plays on. Unless all the press reports are lies.

Ravens stadium is a combo turf. Drainage is a huge problem in the inner harbor where the stadium is. Grass just would not thrive.

Archived