Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN The Mag: Skins go 9-7, make playoffs

MattFancy

So, when you dive into that, the Cowboys SOS this year is #3 at 139-117. Break that down home and away:

Home Schedule: 60-68

Away Schedule: 79-49

30 games over .500 for their road opponents. Brutal.

Washington, on the other hand, gets their difficult games at home:

Home: 79-49

Away: 55-73!

I'd much rather have the road schedule where your opponents are a combined 18 games UNDER .500

It depends on how you look at it. In a vacuum, I agree.

However, look at some of our home games...Indy, Minnesota, Houston, GB, etc. It's very, very likely that we'll lose those games despite getting to play at home. So, in some ways, it would be more beneficial to write those games off by playing them on the road since you're likely to lose them anyway. That would then make your home games vs. worse teams even more likely to be wins rather than being road games and leveling the playing field some.

I realize that's a defeatist way of looking at it and I'm not sure I completely subscribe to it (as the season gets closer, I get more optimistic and start picturing us beating all those teams...hahaha), but it's another point of view.

Who are all the playoff teams that they predicted?

Jaws' Picks:

NFC--Vikings, 49ers, Cowboys, Saints, Packers, Redskins

AFC--Ravens, Chargers, Patriots, Colts, Bengals, Jets

Super Bowl--Ravens over Cowboys

ESPN the Mag's Picks:

NFC--Packers, Cardinals, Eagles, Falcons, Redskins, Bears

AFC--Ravens, Chiefs, Patriots, Colts, Steelers, Jets

Super Bowl--Ravens over Packers

Gruden's Picks:

NFC--Packers, 49ers, Giants, Saints, Cowboys, Vikings

AFC--Ravens, Chargers, Jets, Colts, Patriots, Steelers

Super Bowl--Colts over Saints

Why is everyone picking the Baltimorons to go to the SB? Really? They've probably got the toughest division in football. Win that first. The Steelers aren't gonna be slouches with Troy and Smith back. Big Ben's on a mission. I don't see em beating thru Pittsburgh.

Well what gets me is that Green Bay is a trendy pick. They very well could make it. I don't think they will because I don't think they've got great receivers. In the NFC, I think the power again runs thru New Orleans, Dallas, and Minny. Throw us in there and the fudgepackers don't get invited. Just my opine.

Well what gets me is that Green Bay is a trendy pick. They very well could make it. I don't think they will because I don't think they've got great receivers. In the NFC, I think the power again runs thru New Orleans, Dallas, and Minny. Throw us in there and the fudgepackers don't get invited. Just my opine.

Green Bay has two really good WRs in Jennings and Driver. Plus factor in Finley and Lee and they have 2 solid TEs. Grant is a really good RB and they have a very good defense. Plus one of the best QBs in the league. They were a crazy sack/fumble away from possibly beating the Cards and getting to the 2nd round of the playoffs. So I don't think its crazy to pick them to win the division or get a wild card spot.

Perhaps this wasn't what you meant, but I don't understand how you could say the Pack doesn't make it because of their wide outs but yet have us in. I'd trade our starting receivers for Green Bay's in a heartbeat.

His picks aren't that much different than anyone else's except he has the Giants winning the division.

He has a Super Bowl repeat, which is absurd considering how old both the Saints and Colts are. The chances both teams hold up and wipe their competition in the play-offs are very slim.

He has a Super Bowl repeat, which is absurd considering how old both the Saints and Colts are. The chances both teams hold up and wipe their competition in the play-offs are very slim.

That doesn't mean he loses credability. Smart picks? Maybe not. But they're not outrageous.

Archived