Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week one predictions anyone?

21AllDay

Damn right.

Right now, I've got us at 9-7, if we stay reasonably healthy.

One thing is for sure, though. Every week that goes by, I think more and more that Dallas isn't going to know what hit them. And it isn't homerism; I keep my overly positive side in check most of the time ;)

I do too except for late friday night when I was going "oh yes 16-0" you know the usual after a win moment where your emotions are going. Right now my heart says 10-6 but my gut says 8-8 and a team that will be a monster threat next year but we'll see what happens

I do too except for late friday night when I was going "oh yes 16-0" you know the usual after a win moment where your emotions are going. Right now my heart says 10-6 but my gut says 8-8 and a team that will be a monster threat next year but we'll see what happens

With another good draft (and assuming this one was good in hindsight) I think we'll be looking good next year as well. And I hope to have our QB of the future by then as well.

With another good draft (and assuming this one was good in hindsight) I think we'll be looking good next year as well. And I hope to have our QB of the future by then as well.

Christian Ponder and Jerrod Johnson say hello in terms of QB's :ols: Those would be two perfect WCO QB's we'd want. As long as we could maybe move back in the 1st round to add a 3rd or even trade out of the 1st to get a 2nd and a 3rd along with a 5th to add more depth on the OL and a QB. Jerrod is a 2nd round QB and Ponder right now is rated a 2nd rounder although I see him as a 1st rounder. The 2011 Draft will be one for the ages if all the top guns come out

I predict the Redskins will win at home. I predict that Joey Galloway will have over 100 receiving yards. I predict McNabb will throw for three TDs. I predict Clinton Portis and Larry Johnson will rush for over 160 yards combined. I predict the defense will limit the Cowboys offense to under 200 yards total offense. And lastly, I predict Brian Orakpo will knock Romo sits to pee out of the game.

Some of you guys take the interwebs way too seriously. If you don't agree with the thread, then don't post! If you want to participate, then go right ahead! It's not like any of us actually know what is going to happen come game 1, so might as well have some fun with a prediction. It's no better or worse than listening to the talking heads on radio/tv about how they think we will be this year.

Anyway, obviously we are going to win 31-17. Moss and Cooley will both have TD receptions and LJ runs for 2 scores. We will have come back from a 10-0 deficit early on to manhandle Dallas the rest of the game. Orakpo will have 2 sacks and a forced fumble. London will have 14 tackles because he is a machine. Carlos will drop a pick 6 in the 3rd quarter and DHall will seal the game up with a pick on a last effort drive by Romo sits to pee.

:ols:

So they have to game plan against 2 teams? I think that should give us a pretty good advantage, besides McNabb and the Redskins wanting revenge, as well as the beginning of the new era for Shanahan. I think Dallas gets beat if we get through the preseason healthy.

Not really. Kyle's system is that of his dad's. If you know one, you know the other. I just eluded to the fact there is game tape out there on our system. We very well could beat Dallas the first game, and I'll be cheering like hell for that win. I'm still waiting to see how our offense and defense plays during these next few weeks.

hahaha it's funny to see those predicting 20+ point blowouts in favor of the Skins. I fully expect homer glasses, but 20+ points?! Come on now.

Use logic.

The funny part is it's possible for this Redskins team to beat Dallas by double digits, but 20 points is a lot I must say, I would love for that to happen :ols:

To the Op, I will give my prediction after the jets game. We haven't even seen this team tested yet, but will have a much better outlook over the next 2 weeks.

I'm still waiting to see how our offense and defense plays during these next few weeks.
You and me both Brian, I would love to see our starters push these next 2 teams around like they did the Bills. I know thats asking for a hell of a lot, these next 2 teams are as good as it gets.

I see a Dallas team that has trouble scoring redzone touchdowns (I don't care what the excuses are). Much hasn't changed in this preseason on that note. A lot of people say that preseason isn't an indicator of how the regular season will pan out but it kinda is when you look at first teamers against first teamers. Last year, our offense scored 7 points in the first quarter of all preseason games combined. That should have been an early indicator of what kind of season we were looking at.

With that being said, I think that this will be a tough defensive battle until the 3rd when the Redskins, behind the running of "Wheels," will break away and score 14 unanswered points and will defeat Dallas 20-9. That is my scaled back prediction because my gut tells me it's gonna look more like Was vs. Det in 1990.

Some of you guys take the interwebs way too seriously. If you don't agree with the thread, then don't post! If you want to participate, then go right ahead! It's not like any of us actually know what is going to happen come game 1, so might as well have some fun with a prediction. It's no better or worse than listening to the talking heads on radio/tv about how they think we will be this year.

Well said. Rather have fun here than listen to Redskins fans convince me were gonna loose week one. Fans are fans. If you wanna be negative, just head to a thread about Big Al' an vent for a while.

My original thought (posted in the "Predict the season" thread) is that the Cowpatties are just too much, too soon for a team with a new QB and a new defense. Having said that, however, with Dez Bryant potentially hobbled in the first game and the old Cowpatty OLine getting older by the minute (with Colombo going down), another injury to the remaining OL could spell disaster for Jerruh's team.

I'm still sticking with "too much, too soon", but I don't see the Cowgirls winning 10 games this season even if they eke out a win in our first encounter. No OL = No offense. That's a lesson the Skins learned the hard way and Jerruh is about to learn. Romo sits to pee has benefited form good OLines in the past. Now we'll get to see how good he is with an aging, injury-plagued one.

Archived