Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Free Agents

Dro89

How can you possibly determine what a need is without seeing what this team puts on the field in the regular season?

Thats a fair point but its not going out on a limb to think we have/will have needs at OLB and WR right now. I would add NT and C. Then depending on how this year pans out and what happens with Fletch not getting any younger, Rocky and Rogers contract situation and you might have needs at corner and ILB.

Add in that at some point we will need to find a QB to groom for when McNabb is done.

This is a roster which is still in need of injections of talent and some youth whatever our record ends up this year.

Thats a fair point but its not going out on a limb to think we have/will have needs at OLB and WR right now. I would add NT and C. Then depending on how this year pans out and what happens with Fletch not getting any younger, Rocky and Rogers contract situation and you might have needs at corner and ILB.

Add in that at some point we will need to find a QB to groom for when McNabb is done.

This is a roster which is still in need of injections of talent and some youth whatever our record ends up this year.

This man gets what im saying.. never sleep on getting better its like recruiting in college.

It really depends.

Corner could be a big need next year depending on how Rogers does and if he's resigned.

I don't think we have the long term solution for outside LB opposite Orakpo on the roster.

If Haynesworth stays, I like our talent on the D-line. If he goes... not so much.

WR, if Kelly or Thomas don't step up it looks like the biggest need on the team.

Center is a need. Could always use competition at guard as well.

Woodley would be an impossibly good addition and there is no way the Steelers would let him go.

Early list of elite FA would include:

OLB: Lamarr Woodley, Shawn Merriman

DL: Haloti Ngata

CB: Antonio Cromartie

OL:Nick Mangold, Jared Gaither, Davin Joseph

WR: Vincent Jackson, Santonio Holmes

QB: Donovan McNabb

If we hold onto our draft picks, I don't see us being major players in FA next year. I wouldn't he surprised to see us pursue Vincent Jackson or Davin Joseph however.

I wouldn't mind getting Ngata.

Me either but I highly doubt Baltimore lets the heart of that DL leave. Out of that list of FA's posted I wouldn't be surprised if we went after Joseph or Jackson. Joseph was a draft pick by Allen and has been very good for Tampa Bay and Jackson is the WR we have looked at trading for but just haven't done such yet

Sure did. In June. 5 years, $32 mil.

Maybe that's why? Maybe Haslett wasn't a fan for whatever reason?

i guess thats a really good way to look at it or maybe they are just really settled in with Reed.

What are some potential G's that are potential FAs

i guess thats a really good way to look at it or maybe they are just really settled in with Reed.

What are some potential G's that are potential FAs

Carl Nicks the G from NO is a potential FA but it's unsure what kind of money he'll want after Jahri Evans just became the leagues highest paid OG. I think personally the draft is the way to go in terms of guards. Rodney Hudson will be available in the 2nd round although IMO he's head and shoulders the best OG available. OC is also a strong point for us to look at as there are 3 possible 1st/2nd round picks

still think we should trade for Vincent..

or at least Mankin.

are there any good sites for scouting on the current players in NCAA i would like to take a good look at a few of the players that might be potentially in the draft next year.

still think we should trade for Vincent..

or at least Mankin.

are there any good sites for scouting on the current players in NCAA i would like to take a good look at a few of the players that might be potentially in the draft next year.

walterfootball.com is the best place to look at scouting. I've used them for references on draft boards before

As for Mankins I wouldn't trade for him, he's 30 years old and I would rather get younger at the position with a drafted guy then add another 30 and older veteran

walterfootball.com is the best place to look at scouting. I've used them for references on draft boards before

As for Mankins I wouldn't trade for him, he's 30 years old and I would rather get younger at the position with a drafted guy then add another 30 and older veteran

i must have mislooked at his bio or gotten wrong info because i swore he was about 27 but thank you for clearing that up..

after looking over their list of players eligible for the draft i compensated a to watch list for positions i think we need obvious help as of right now. And a few that wouldn't mind a young back up to sure up depth.

3-4 OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS

1. Robert Quinn, 6-5, 256, North Carolina

2. Greg Romeus, 6-5, 265, Pitt

3. Bruce Carter, 6-3, 225, North Carolina

3-4 INSIDE LINEBACKERS

1. Don'ta Hightower, 6-4, 258, Alabama

2. Chris Galippo, 6-2, 250, Southern California

3-4 NOSE TACKLES

1. Jerrell Powe, 6-2, 340, Mississippi

2. Jarvis Jenkins, 6-4, 320, Clemson

GUARDS

1. Michael Pouncey, 6-5, 312, Florida

WIDE RECEIVERS

1. . Julio Jones, 6-4, 212, Alabama

along with a few looks around in free agency and possible trades we could easily be a SERIOUS threat come playoff time next year. I'm thinking this year is a learning process and everyone getting a feel for everything.

after looking over their list of players eligible for the draft i compensated a to watch list for positions i think we need obvious help as of right now. And a few that wouldn't mind a young back up to sure up depth.

3-4 OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS

1. Robert Quinn, 6-5, 256, North Carolina

2. Greg Romeus, 6-5, 265, Pitt

3. Bruce Carter, 6-3, 225, North Carolina

3-4 INSIDE LINEBACKERS

1. Don'ta Hightower, 6-4, 258, Alabama

2. Chris Galippo, 6-2, 250, Southern California

3-4 NOSE TACKLES

1. Jerrell Powe, 6-2, 340, Mississippi

2. Jarvis Jenkins, 6-4, 320, Clemson

GUARDS

1. Michael Pouncey, 6-5, 312, Florida

WIDE RECEIVERS

1. . Julio Jones, 6-4, 212, Alabama

along with a few looks around in free agency and possible trades we could easily be a SERIOUS threat come playoff time next year. I'm thinking this year is a learning process and everyone getting a feel for everything.

You make a good list but say we're drafting at 18 or 19 this year that has us around 9-7 which is a good improvement from last year. Julio Jones might be available although if he has a good year he's going to be a top 10 pick. Quinn is a sure fire top 10 pick, the guy is a one man wrecking crew at DE and would be a perfect 3-4 OLB.

Personally I could see something like this playing out

1. 18 Redskins select Von Miller OLB Texas A&M. A true 3-4 OLB who after he puts up a monster year at Texas A&M will be a highly coveted OLB but will slip a little not because of his stats but more of the fact its a loaded 3-4 OLB class this year.

2. 50 Redskins select G Rodney Hudson. No doubt about it he's the real deal as an OG and would be a perfect fit as a ZBS guy. He's got great feet and his hand placement is something I am impressed with.

That would be two great picks for our D and our OL to help out now and in the future

Von Miller was another one i almost put on the list i love the site you gave me now i can do in depth research into what would look good in the future for our team.

Edit - Do you happen to know where there is a list of potential 2011 Free Agents.

Archived