Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

18 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

good god, stones!:rofl89:

Notice Sturridge is offside here when Coutinho plays the ball in, but he doesn't make a play on the ball.  In fact, he backs up.  That's what properly coached teams do and that's why this was a good goal.

2 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Would be nice to see Lennon get some run with the national team. He, Pulisic, Green, a nice group to build around along with some of the other youngsters, some, like Gooch, who are cutting their teeth in Europe.

Bobby Wood, too.

We finally have it in the attack which is what's been lacking in my opinion.  We've had good keepers and defenders, but nothing REAL in the attack.  That goes for Landon Donovan and Clint Dempsey, as well, in my opinion.  I think Donovan and Dempsey are number 10s but we played them up front for the reasons that we haven't had true strikers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Would be nice to see Lennon get some run with the national team. He, Pulisic, Green, a nice group to build around along with some of the other youngsters, some, like Gooch, who are cutting their teeth in Europe.

Pretty good looking generation all within a few years of each other coming through huh?

The only downside is you've got the simple German 'coaching' them. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Pretty good looking generation all within a few years of each other coming through huh?

The only downside is you've got the simple German 'coaching' them. 

Hail. 

I'm not a big fan of his game management, but I think the development of youngsters, and the fact that a number are now playing in Europe is due to Klinsman. 

3 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

God. If Conte and Mourinho revert to uber defensive type it could well be one of the most boring watches in years. 

Hail. 

I'll be glad to be in church then!

• Like 3

Southampton appear to be giving Sterling a free pass to Forrester and betting he'll bottle it. 

Damn it... right when they finally break down the left....

2 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

I'm not a big fan of his game management, but I think the development of youngsters, and the fact that a number are now playing in Europe is due to Klinsman. 

He's also an outstanding recruiter.  Which is why he needs a part in the program if he's not the manager.  I'll always stand by that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

As r kid so pertinently pointed out, this is <not> the Bundesliga, or La Liga, where you can take a couple of months off against no opposition teams simply park the bus, Pep. 

Welcome to competitive boring, park the bus football. 

Hail. 

Fixed it for ya.:806:

To be fair, the likes of Mourinho, Moyes, Pulis and Bradly are mercifully becoming a dying bread. 

Which has lead to a far more entertaining product across the board the last few years. And this year it's as competitive as it's been in eons. 

Hail. 

Bournemouth and Watford specifically play very attractive football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Don't forget that Terrance Boyd, Timmy Chandler, Aron Jóhannsson, and Fabian Johnson are all playing in BL.  Chandler was all over Bayern Munich a couple weeks ago and Johnson did a good job against Bayern yesterday.  It is good to see these guys getting starting type minutes in a good league.  Bodes well for the future.

Edited by btfoom

3 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Bournemouth and Watford specifically play very attractive football.

Totally. Outside of the four I mentioned, and maybe Dyche which is completely understandable being as Burnley have no resources what so ever, most every team now try's to win games instead of bunkering in. 

The overall standard the EPL has massively increased the last few years. Much more entertaining. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I was just having a bit of fun with you boys.

Like the EPL is getting better about playing more attacking/possession games, the BL is becoming much more competitive.  Just ask Bayern (Frankfurt), Dortmund (Leipzig/Ingolstat), and Kusen (Hoffenheim).  Games are good to watch and not so many weekends off.  Makes the leagues that more interesting week in and week out.

And horriffic defending on that Pedro goal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, btfoom said:

I was just having a bit of fun with you boys.

Like the EPL is getting better about playing more attacking/possession games, the BL is becoming much more competitive.  Just ask Bayern (Frankfurt), Dortmund (Leipzig/Ingolstat), and Kusen (Hoffenheim).  Games are good to watch and not so many weekends off.  Makes the leagues that more interesting week in and week out.

That's fair. Been gathering that browsing the results this year. 

But it was more. the other way Pep's time at both Bayern and Barca. (La Liga is still a joke league in terms of competitiveness. Good quality but it's a three team league at best.). THIS will be the real test of his coaching ability and how good he really is or isn't. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Just now, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

But it was more. the other way Pep's time at both Bayern and Barca. (La Liga is still a joke league in terms of competitiveness. Good quality but it's a three team league at best.). THIS will be the real test of his coaching ability and how good he really is or isn't. 

Hail. 

Winless in five straight.

Hail. 

We know, it's all in fun.

But the facts ARE the facts.  I'd bet my house on Bayern winning Bundesliga.  I wouldn't bet my house on the Premier League winner.

• Like 1