Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

My view, FWIW:

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hail. 

Well tbf costa was out yesterday serving his ban, as was kante...and we still won 3-0.  As far as injuries go and missing time: that's kind of my point.  Chelsea plays so few week games that it's going to be hard for them to have sustained long term injuries throughout the season.  

Another thing, the defense has been best in the league over the past 12 games since the formation switch.  It's either 2 or 3 goals conceded over 12 games.  Even if you rely on 3 players for scoring, it's hard to lose when giving up .17 goals a game.  

Your criticisms make sense though...it will certainly be an interesting second half to the season!  

Greetings from sunny SW Florida. 

Taking a break from the family stuff to drop the girls off at Ft Myers Beach, and spend a couple hours watching the ever mighty Reds!

Sunny, on the way to 85, but the beer is cold, and the view exquisite.

Sitting at the bar at Doc Ford's.

Onward you mighty Reds!

Please don't bring your magic wee Joe!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

Greetings from sunny SW Florida. 

Taking a break from the family stuff to drop the girls off at Ft Myers Beach, and spend a couple hours watching the ever mighty Reds!

Sunny, on the way to 85, but the beer is cold, and the view exquisite.

Sitting at the bar at Doc Ford's.

Onward you mighty Reds!

Please don't bring your magic wee Joe!

That sounds awesome!

I'm thankful today it's in the 40s in VA and I was able to get a comfortable run in today.  It was literally in the 20s and 30s the first few weeks of December and I was floored at how cold it was.

Couldn't imagine 85 right now lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

My view, FWIW:

This run is a difficult run to talk about as you don't want to sound churlish on a marvellous, marvellous achievement of 12 straight wins. But it's masking a heck of a lot of mediocrity for me with a few of those games that could of well gone the other way.

This is one of the items that I mention whenever I see writers (usually on ESPN or Fox) saying that the EPL is so great because "on any given weekend, any team can beat any other team".  That just isn't true.  The top several sides (right now, Chelsea, Pool, City, and sadly recently United) just don't lose to ANY side in the bottom half. Arsenal and Spurs will drop one or 2, but that's about it. Period. That's why this league will come down to a few games and major injuries to decide the league.  Chelsea have the advantage of a 2 match lead and along with Pool, have no other commitments.  City, IMHO, will gel and improve and could go a multiple match run as well.  Even United have gone on a good run, but I don't think they can make up the points.

This is no slight on the EPL - every major league is like this.  The top several teams are way ahead of the bottom ones.

Good luck to Pool today, if for no other reason than to keep the race alive and kicking.

4 minutes ago, DC9 said:

That sounds awesome!

I'm thankful today it's in the 40s in VA and I was able to get a comfortable run in today.  It was literally in the 20s and 30s the first few weeks of December and I was floored at how cold it was.

Couldn't imagine 85 right now lol

Sadly, we will get a couple weeks of this in January and February.  The best is the mid-30s and wet (combo of rain, ice, and snow).  Good times.  Welcome to the DMV!!!

• Like 1

Wee Joe and Glen AND Crouchie

Wonder if Hogdson is somewhere in the stands....

4 minutes ago, btfoom said:

This is one of the items that I mention whenever I see writers (usually on ESPN or Fox) saying that the EPL is so great because "on any given weekend, any team can beat any other team".  That just isn't true.  The top several sides (right now, Chelsea, Pool, City, and sadly recently United) just don't lose to ANY side in the bottom half. Arsenal and Spurs will drop one or 2, but that's about it. Period. That's why this league will come down to a few games and major injuries to decide the league.  Chelsea have the advantage of a 2 match lead and along with Pool, have no other commitments.  City, IMHO, will gel and improve and could go a multiple match run as well.  Even United have gone on a good run, but I don't think they can make up the points.

We just dropped points to Bournemouth and West Ham the last few weeks, brother.

Any given weekend it can happen.

Chelsea are defending as well as you could at the moment and Hazard looks to have gotten his head out of his ass.  Be real interested to see how Chelsea handle his new wage demands.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Wee Joe and Glen AND Crouchie

Wonder if Hogdson is somewhere in the stands....

We just dropped points to Bournemouth and West Ham the last few weeks, brother.

Any given weekend it can happen.

Chelsea are defending as well as you could at the moment and Hazard looks to have gotten his head out of his ass.  Be real interested to see how Chelsea handle his new wage demands.

My guess would be he leaves in the next season or two for Spain.  

And anyone one who watches bpl regularly knows that there's no gimmes.  Pep learned that lesson and I fully expect them to go on a run.  Klopp had to learn it last year and has obviously done well.  Conte learned it early this year and as GHH said, a few different bounces of the ball could have Chelsea lower in the table.  

There re will always be favorites, just like any other league.  But top to bottom there is no comparison with EPL 

• Like 1

Again... get Sturridge on immediately

Sturridge for Mane... Can for Wijnaldum

GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Finally...  Origi just doesn't provide the interplay that Coutinho - Firmino - Mane do.

Sturridge on still please.

• Like 1

Well done by Hendo there.  Lucky bounce right to him but he knew exactly where Div was.

An OG but that was a perfect ball and run by Mane, had to be an OG if not Mane was tapping it in.

Let's get some more here Red men.