Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OF: Synaptic Shotgun 8.4.10

Om

:cool:

I'm going to try something new (again)—occasional, recurring short-form posts about the Washington Redskins, NFL and maybe even, you know, life. Almost like a—what do they call it—blog?

Have at thee.

Mike Shanahan - after one wild ride of an offseason and a quick first week of training camp, one thing is clear. SI.com balloon-head Peter King was right (I hate when that happens): Mike Shanahan doesn't care what you think.

Malcolm Kelly - the man has all the talent in the world. He's big, runs like a gazelle, has Lynn Swann hands and seems a decent enough fellow. He probably could have been great. But three years into his NFL career (as Doc Walker likes to say) he has yet to bust a grape. It's always something: hamstring, knee, big toe ... heart ... whatever. Know what I think? It's over.

Colt Brennan - speaking of over, a moment of silence for the Cult of Colt. Have to admit there were a couple of moments early on I said, "hmm ..."

CLICK HERE to read more

Man Om, seeing that video of Colt made me remember exactly why we were so intrigued by him to begin with. Unfortunately for him, based on reports I read, he just didn't have the Brady-like work ethic to make himself better. Shame. :(

Nice post Om. I actually like this format since you cover a range of subjects. TC actually offers a lot less action than people think. This is a bit like an abbreviated version of the format that writers like Gregg Easterbrook use.

Thanks brother. For what it's worth, it's been a struggle to adapt my prose style to a blog--I am rarely accused of serial brevity. Still planning to write full-blown column style pieces, just looking for a vehicle to get a little balance in between. We'll see how it goes.

What, no twitter account? How 2005. ;)

Dude please. I twit, therefore I am.

Man Om, seeing that video of Colt made me remember exactly why we were so intrigued by him to begin with. Unfortunately for him, based on reports I read, he just didn't have the Brady-like work ethic to make himself better. Shame. :(

Gotta figure the spark he clearly has (had?) on the field wasn't enough to translate to the stuff coaches are looking for. We may never know if it was lack of work ethic, that the game simply moved too fast for him at the NFL level, that his lack of experience in pro-style offenses in HS and college put him too far behind ... or something else. Fact is he's had enough time in NFL camps for enough coaches to see him day in and day out to make a case to stick around. The jury seems to be in that he didn't.

Gonna miss the kid though. What a breath of fresh air he would have been if he'd turned out to be the real thing.

Thanks brother. For what it's worth, it's been a struggle to adapt my prose style to a blog--I am rarely accused of serial brevity. Still planning to write full-blown column style pieces, just looking for a vehicle to get a little balance in between. We'll see how it goes.

You could probably write phonebook listings and still get rave reviews. Nothing sparks up the afternoon like a fresh batch of Ommery.

Archived