Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Donovan McNabb 4th Ranked QB in the NFC East?

Commander PK

Kolb has no track record, so anyone who sticks him anywhere is just smokin dope. But Jay frickin Cutler????? Give me a break. Who here wouldn't take McNabb over him in a fantasy league? The only guy who takes Cutler is someone who plays in a league where INTs don't hurt you.

some of you are going to be surprised at just how good Kolb is.

It isn't like he's a ****ty QB the eagles picked up undrafted one year...

he's pretty good...

How do you know this? Just from the 2 games he's played? How bout we see him getting knocked around for 3-4 games and then see how well he performs?

Eli Manning is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL. He continues to get a pass from his performance in the 2007 postseason but the truth is the Giants offense has aged and is no longer dynamic.

The offensive line has aged with most starters now 30, Jacobs has really slowed down as the lead running back and Bradshaw has not come forward to fill the gap left by Ward's departure.

But at the heart of it, Eli Manning is a very streaky player whose ups and downs are very pronounced. What made the second half of 2007 different was how consistent he was.

In my listing of NFC East qbs the order is upside down:

1. McNabb - he does more with less and has during most of his career in Philly.

2. Romo sits to pee - puts up very good stats during the regular season and may be ready to push through in the playoffs. Benefits from a sound ground game and talented wide receivers.

3. Manning - Inconsistent passer in 2009. Line is allowing more penetration and a shorter setup for Eli than in 2007 and he has not handled that pressure well. Ground game has deteriorated, Brandon Jacobs is no longer the back he was 3 years ago.

4. Kolb - he is unproven. There is no way you can take a quarterback with 2 or 3 games of statistics and place him ahead of McNabb or Romo sits to pee in this division. Kolb has to show he can lead a team through adversity and be a consistent producer in a tough division. Until he does that he doesn't climb out of this cellar.

The Eagles pass first. This alone gives Kolb a shot at 3500-4000 yards and 25-30 TD's.

Shanny will mix it up more with the emphasis on the run. This means that DM will probably end the year with 3000 and 20-25 TD's.

The Eagles do pass first, but that does not necessarily guarantee Kolb those kind of stats. He could throw tons of picks and get pulled. We simply do not know if he is that good, and McNabb is a proven commodity. I just think it's a joke to have this kid ranked ahead of so many other QB's, including McNabb in any category. Fantasy upside or not.

The Eagles do pass first, but that does not necessarily guarantee Kolb those kind of stats. He could throw tons of picks and get pulled. We simply do not know if he is that good, and McNabb is a proven commodity. I just think it's a joke to have this kid ranked ahead of so many other QB's, including McNabb in any category. Fantasy upside or not.

I didn't say it guaranteed Kolb those kind of stats. I said it gives him a shot at them. They pass first and a lot so it does give him a shot.

As others have said fantasy rankings and real rankings are two different things. We are a run first team so that lowers his fantasy value. Also factor in that DM usually misses a couple of games each year. That drops his value too.

In a fantasy draft I'm taking Kolb before I take DM.

Hmmmm so Mcnugget is ranked 4th in the NFC East just like JC was last year with also a not so great set of WRs and a questionable O line.

No Excuses though people.

Let's revisit this after the 2010 season and see which QB needs excuses. A 4th place ranking in a fantasy football prediction does not tell us anything.

How do you know this? Just from the 2 games he's played? How bout we see him getting knocked around for 3-4 games and then see how well he performs?

i have friends that spend their time scouting players in all sports... it's what they've spent their life doing.

thats how i know that.

how do you get your information? you watch the eagles training yourself? you looked at his college film yourself? or do you personally know, and talk to on a regular basis, someone who does?

Archived