Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Bradford gets six-year deal with $50 mill guaranteed

Santana_Fan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81969c4c/article/bradfords-a-big-deal-rams-give-rookie-qb-50-million-guaranteed

Sam Bradford is the $50 million man.

The quarterback received the most guaranteed money for a rookie in NFL history Friday night, when he and the St. Louis Rams agreed to a six-year, $78 million contract that has a maximum value of $86 million, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

Bradford, the No. 1 overall pick in last April's draft, missed three practices that the Rams held for rookies, quarterbacks and players who are coming off injuries. The first training-camp practice is scheduled for Saturday.

Before news of Bradford's deal broke, Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said the rookie quarterback hadn't fallen too far behind. However, the sooner Bradford reported, the better.

"We all need all the time," Spagnuolo said. "I needed the time. It will just be a crash course. But he's a sharp enough guy if we feed him and he pulls one of those all-nighters, he'll be OK."

and not 1 NFL snap from center to back it up. Gee we dont need a rookie cap. I cant wait to see what next years number 1, if its not a qb, will have to cough up for a kid who hasnt done anything in the NFL.

It's ridiculous, and then factor in that he's been considered as being injury prone.

right on, i agree its ridiculous and insane. When do you draw the line in the sand and others suffer because of this greed. How many vets are steamed over this?

People starving everywhere, and just one person can bring in this amount of money. I'm sure he'll do good things with it though, so it's cool. I can see him donating to charities and stuff like that. Peyton and Tom are probably pissed. Aren't they still having issues with new contracts?

This is one of the main reasons why the owners have opted out of the CBA. This **** is spiraling out of control much like the NBA did back in the Larry Johnson/Glenn Robinson days.

There WILL be a rookie salary cap come next CBA. I'd go as far as bet my house/life savings on it.

It's a shame that kids get 50 mil and never have had one snap in the NFL. Now you see why it's so hard to trade out of the first spot?

Peyton and Tom are probably pissed. Aren't they still having issues with new contracts?

My guess is their agents were waiting for this transaction to transpire so they can have a starting point in their negotiations.

Peyton will break the record in guaranteed money.

There WILL be a rookie salary cap come next CBA. I'd go as far as bet my house/life savings on it.

Was their any Jr's in college who would have been 1st rounders, who decided to stay for their senior years? If there is a CBA next year, they'll probably be kicking their own *** for not coming out :ols:. In all seriousness though, going back to school is always best.

I've been a Bradford fan for a while and I want him to do well, but part of me wants him to fall flat on his ass. Maybe that way there could be a bit more focus on establishing a rookie cap.

$86 million for a rookie goes against all common sense.

Bradford failing wouldn't impact the rookie pay scale.

He'd just be looked at as a bust pick that the Rams missed on.

Insane. Ridiculous. This just means McFlabb is going to want a ton of cash to reup. Hope we don't end up renting him "a la" Jason Taylor.

From what I've read on here, it sounds as if the Skins are waiting for Brady to re-sign with the Pats, and then the Skins will use that contract as a basis for McNabb's new deal, not Bradford's contract.

From what I've read on here, it sounds as if the Skins are waiting for Brady to re-sign with the Pats, and then the Skins will use that contract as a basis for McNabb's new deal, not Bradford's contract.

That's even more crazy. McNabb is not even in the same hemishpere. McNabb is a slightly above average QB and should be paid accordingly.

Archived