Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Now that we've shored up the DT...

Awesome

What do we do with Watson / Betts. With Sultan McCullough working his way into the RB rotation, it has become apparant that one of our backs, most likely Watson or Betts, will be expendible. Personally, I prefer Betts over Watson.

There's no way the Skins are going into the season with all five - Candidate, Betts, Watson, Morton, McCullough - and rather than simply cut one of them in the next two weeks, why not trade on for a low round pick. Maybe the Skins can recoup that 7th rounder they just lost for Chase.

Thoughts?

whoa there Nellie! :)

I don't see this move alone shoring up the DL.

depending upon what Haley shows us as the nose man and whether Upshaw is able to get on the field and contribute, the Skins may still be in the market for at least one more player here.

perhaps that is why the Skins made the deal they did for Chase, keeping Betts as potential trade bait after he sees playing time the next two weeks? :)

If Sultan can make it....then Watson should go....I like him a lot but also in that regard want to see him get some PT and get some league success....I just don't see him getting that here with all the other backs. And to me Betts offers more than Watson to us.

Really, you guys see the Skins bringing in another DT??

How many bodies can you have? How many d-linemen are we going to carry? Between Haley, Holsey, Cannida, Cowsette, Chase, plus the option of putting Wynn in there, plus Bernard Jackson and Greg Scott, and Upshaw, Zellner and Smith that's 11 d-linemen. Do you really think we have room for another average DT? I don't and am not expecting another trade.

Map, they might have a lot of DTs, but don't confuse that with talent. Greg Scott, for example, hasn't managed the weight gain well in my opinion. Looks to me like he sacrificed some of the speed that got him here to gain weight. I'd cut him if they could find an average DT.

Yes, an "average" DT. None of the DTs on the roster are average. They're all below average. Chase might be the first to qualify as average. Nothing is shored up. The DL is still a tremendous weakness -- there's more work to be done. Expect another addition.

Originally posted by MAP16

Really, you guys see the Skins bringing in another DT??

How many bodies can you have? How many d-linemen are we going to carry? Between Haley, Holsey, Cannida, Cowsette, Chase, plus the option of putting Wynn in there, plus Bernard Jackson and Greg Scott, and Upshaw, Zellner and Smith that's 11 d-linemen. Do you really think we have room for another average DT? I don't and am not expecting another trade.

If we can get somone better than one of the guys we have at a reasonable price? Yeah I would expect a trade. Followed by a cut of the worst guy we have. ;)

Not sure we are good-to-go at the DT position, nor am I convinced that Sultan has a spot on the team after one successful series of runs. We should get a good look at Betts on Saturday – probably against the 1st string Ravens D… so this will be a good test to see what we have in Betts. Watson did look good last week, so we’ll have to see after the weekend.

Archived