Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: "Oxygen Robber" Dies During Police Chase In MD

Mr. Sinister

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/16/new.york.oxygen.robber/index.html?hpt=T2

New York (CNN) -- A man in his 60s attempted an armed robbery in New York City and fled to Maryland, where he allegedly robbed two hotels at gunpoint, led police on a short chase and died when his car left the road and crashed, authorities said Friday.

The man was identified as a 63-year-old career criminal named Arthur Williams, CNN affiliate WABC reported.

New York police said Williams tried to rob Sarar, an upscale clothing store on Madison Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, Saturday evening while carrying a cane and wearing a nasal tube connected to an oxygen tank. The suspect fired three shots before fleeing the scene, police said.

Early Sunday morning, Maryland State Police were alerted to an armed robbery in Han****, Maryland, and a second about an hour later in Clear Spring, Maryland. A state trooper on DUI patrol was following a suspected drunken driver when dispatchers broadcast a description of the vehicle driven by the suspected robber. The description matched the vehicle he was following, so he attempted to pull the driver over.

The chase lasted about 2 1/2 miles and reached a top speed of 120 mph, police said, ending when Williams's car went off the road and hit several fixed objects and a parked car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Click Link For Rest Of Article

Damn, I wonder if he opted for early benefits from social security at age 62, or if he was waiting till 65 for full benefits and that's why he was so hard up for cash.... Either way, there needs to be an age cap on drivers licenses.

Damn, I wonder if he opted for early benefits from social security at age 62, or if he was waiting till 65 for full benefits and that's why he was so hard up for cash.... Either way, there needs to be an age cap on drivers licenses.

lol, you think 62 is old? I mean it's old, but not that old. You can still drive, hell you can still hike and even surf if you can.

lol, you think 62 is old? I mean it's old, but not that old. You can still drive, hell you can still hike and even surf if you can.

yeah, that's why i didn't put an age out there specifically. I dont think 62, 63, 65, 66... is too old..... maybe.... see it all depends on how together that indivdual is at that age. I threw the last part out as a pun on the fact that he ended up wrecking at the end of it all... I shouldve used a smiley!:silly:

Seriously though, there should be a yearly test of skill and awareness after a certain age... 70 maybe? I dunno. My wife's Grandmother (god rest her soul) drove until the age of 92..... 92! That scared me, right there in her living room when I was told, it scared me. I wondered at that point how many other 92 year olds there were driving to bingo and the grocery store (thats what she would do) and to Clydes every now and again.

Scary stuff, and just think if my wife's grandmother would have opted for early benefits...:silly:

yeah, that's why i didn't put an age out there specifically. I dont think 62, 63, 65, 66... is too old..... maybe.... see it all depends on how together that indivdual is at that age. I threw the last part out as a pun on the fact that he ended up wrecking at the end of it all... I shouldve used a smiley!:silly:

Seriously though, there should be a yearly test of skill and awareness after a certain age... 70 maybe? I dunno. My wife's Grandmother (god rest her soul) drove until the age of 92..... 92! That scared me, right there in her living room when I was told, it scared me. I wondered at that point how many other 92 year olds there were driving to bingo and the grocery store (thats what she would do) and to Clydes every now and again.

Scary stuff, and just think if my wife's grandmother would have opted for early benefits and resorted to robbing banks and semi- high speed chases with her bliner on..... ;)

Scary stuff, and just think if my wife's grandmother would have opted for early benefits...:silly:

My father pulls a 36' fith wheel trailer around the country at 70. No issues with driving whatsover. What we need to do is keep idiots from driving.

Archived