Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haka...INTENSE

Hitman21ST

For those that don't know, the Haka was a dance that Maori Warriors performed before they went into battle. Now it's performed mainly by the New Zealand Rugby team, the All-Blacks:

tdMCAV6Yd0Y

If you were thinking how would it look for football? Take a look at this:

e8VUbjcj7pM

And Hawai'i doing it...

0pCZ5RkhJkY

Think Ma'ake could lead the Skins in this against the Boys?

Mods, can you move this into the Stadium? I meant to put it there.

a lot of what you see now in the 'Haka' is a coreographed piece of marketing made to look good. I'll need to dig up a Haka on YouTube recorded by BBC television around 1974 of All Blacks doing a Haka in the UK where they clearly have no idea what to do. Hilarious! You'll see how 'scary' it can be.

Meh ... when you've seen it over and over, it's like the Backstreet Boys doing a pre-game show.

Cut the dancing and get on with the game. It's worse than Ray Lewis and his preening and posing.

Totally agree - amazing how many opposition rugby players let themselves get psyched out by a song and dance routine!

a lot of what you see now in the 'Haka' is a coreographed piece of marketing made to look good. I'll need to dig up a Haka on YouTube recorded by BBC television around 1974 of All Blacks doing a Haka in the UK where they clearly have no idea what to do. Hilarious! You'll see how 'scary' it can be.

That's why you'd need to practice it...Kinda like the "everywhere we go" warmup on Remember the Titans...

Yeah ... a bunch of white accountants, lawyers and school teachers doing a Maori tribal war dance.

Scaaaaaaaaaary. :ols:

Totally agree - amazing how many opposition rugby players let themselves get psyched out by a song and dance routine!

I wish the All Blacks would vary their show. Maybe do a number from Cats or Starlight Express, instead of the same old haka performance.

There's about a 6-6, 250 pounder on their team...how is that not intimidating?

Eh ... because you're a 6-6 250 pounder yourself?

It's not like the All Blacks are lined up against Chesapeake Elementary School.

Have you played Rugby?

Yes, I played for one of the top Irish sides, Cork Constitution.

Archived