Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNC Judge Rules against 6 Month offshore Moratorium

NavyDave

That's funny.

I was sure this post was going to be about the explosion on the second oil rig, and how it might affect the analysis of how to safely proceed with deep water drilling in a major fishery.

Silly me. :silly:

Silly is right:beatdeadhorse:

Gee ya think we should shut down the about 4,000 platforms in the gulf while we figure out something?....Better shut down refineries as well,just to be on the safe side ;)

Silly is right:beatdeadhorse:

Gee ya think we should shut down the about 4,000 platforms in the gulf while we figure out something?....Better shut down refineries as well,just to be on the safe side ;)

You doof. I was trying to do a "twa" post, complete with extra smiley.

I guess it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. :kickcan:

And you are right, of course. Shutting down all oil platforms was never a reasonable option.

You doof. I was trying to do a "twa" post, complete with extra smiley.

I guess it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be. :kickcan:

And you are right, of course. Shutting down all oil platforms was never a reasonable option.

I laughed ...shutting them down is reasonable....Thorium baby:silly:

Oil can be replaced tommorow :beavisnbutthead:;)

ADDED so peter doesn't feel neglected

"This was an oil and gas production platform in approximately 340 feet of water, 102 miles offshore Louisiana (80 nautical miles)," she said. "This platform was authorized to produce oil and gas at this water depth. The current suspension involves drilling rigs in water depths greater than 500 feet," she said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/02/louisiana.oil.platform.explosion/

this is a relatively shallow water platform,but you are correct the difference between 2500 and 3k+ is not much when it comes to access.

Archived