Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How can people be alright with going through life without working?

blue collar

Getting drunk and watching my pile of money. There's a job description I can go for!

To the point of this thread, I don't see how people can sit around doing nothing or living off of others. But...if I woke up tomorrow and won $50M in the lottery, you can bet I'd quit that job before breakfast. Not because I hate it, and not so I can do nothing. But a lifestyle of doing what I want when I want would be pretty good. Trust me, I can fill up a week with housework, hobbies, volunteering, whatever. Maybe work part-time if it strikes my fancy, maybe find a hobby that can grow into a business. Its not hard to find productive things to fill up the day. My dad retired and a year later told me he'd never been so busy in his life.

I'm with you. I don't like work, but I still go every day because I have to. If I caught the lotto, I'd hand in my resignation by sunrise.

I think I'd go crazy if I never had a full time work. That's not so say that I wouldn't go crazy if I had a terrible full time job. But, I did so much not-working in college that I've really become tired of it. This summer I had an excellent job doing fun work with good people. I had no problem waking up 5:30 AM and working 12 hour days because I enjoyed what I did... but not just because I enjoyed what I did, but because I looked forward to the progress that I would make at work. For example I spent a few days building a chicken coop... yes it was hard work, and a lot of it was repetitive, but to see something I created last for a long time, and be useful and of high quality, just really made me proud and enjoy coming to work.

But, I'd rather not work than have to do drone work with people I can't be cool with

Archived