202 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the biggest thief?

• Neon "Prime Time" Deion
    • The Ole Ball Coach Steve Spurrier
    • B-Lloyd
    • Fat Albert

haynesworth092809.jpg

(courtesy photo)

Here’s a news flash for you: Albert Haynesworth is not happy.

Shocker, I know.

In fact, the diva defensive tackle is so unhappy that, through his agent Chad Speck, Haynesworth has let the world know that he is skipping this week’s mandatory minicamps in hopes of landing a trade to get him away from the Washington Redskins as quickly as possible.

The only question is how does Haynesworth spend his free time now that his schedule has suddenly freed up this week? Does he continue to work out with his “miracle worker” trainer? Does he invite ESPN out to do a followup on his big-ass boat? Or does he fly up to New York to spend some quality time with his pregnant stripper ex-girlfriend? If that’s the case, then I suggest he not invite Vince Young to tag along. Trust me. It’s for the best.

“The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago – regardless of the money,” said Speck. “He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.

“This situation will be a distraction to the Redskins and to Albert and his teammates,” Speck continued. “I am certain [head coach] Mike [shanahan] and [general manager] Bruce [Allen] want to get the most out of their first year, and it’s probably in everyone’s best interests for the Redskins to make a deal and trade Albert.”

Wait a minute. Did this guy really just say that Haynesworth’s situation “will” be a distraction? As in future tense? I hope this guy got paid up front because he’s not doing a very good job of staying on top of this story. Truth is, Haynesworth has been a distraction since the minute he arrived in town.

Here’s what I had to say last March on the signing of Haynesworth:

“From all of us at Homer McFanboy to all of you in Redskins Nation we have just one word of advice – please proceed with caution.”

And it’s not like I was the only one smart enough to see the warning signs. The guy has All-Pro talent, but questionable (at best) work ethic, he’s selfish and he’s never played well with others. Part of me also believes that Haynesworth doesn’t truly love the game of football.

He isn’t someone who eat and sleeps football. He isn’t a gym rat or someone who spends every waking minute after a loss trying to figure out what went wrong and what he can do to prevent his team from failing again. No, Haynesworth looks at football as a job and is happy to do the bare minimum while collecting a fat paycheck.

Think of him as JaMarcus Russell, but with talent.

Click here for the full article.

Who do you think we can get with him? Because I am DONE with all his distractions he is making for our team. HAHA i remember when he first got on the team he was questioned about his work ethic and wheter the money would get to his head. Well this just proves all his statements of "working hard" were absolutely false. BYE BYE FAT-SO.!!!! Good article by the way!

HAIL TO THE SKINS BABY!!! :point2sky

There have been Redskin players that I did not like because of their performance or lack thereof. But usually I could not fault their desire or effort. In the history of following this team I have never disliked a player more than this guy. For the money he gets paid, it's unfathomable that he could actually complain about being asked to do anything!! I still think they should approach him about playing this one season, kind of like a test, and see how he feels afterward. If he still hates it, we find him a new home. But in the meantime he should SHUT UP and PLAY!

“The Redskins are trying to establish a new regime with new schemes at Redskins Park, and it is not an organization that Albert would have ever been attracted to just a short year ago – regardless of the money,” said Speck. “He has made it clear to me that he does not want to play for the Washington Redskins.

It sounds like he doesn't want to work his ass off like everyone else because he is a fat lazy piece of ****.

When Speck says that Haynesworth would never have been attracted to the Redskins a year ago if they were run by Shanahan and Allen, he’s all but admitting what we already know. Fat Albert was happy to play here because owner Daniel Snyder threw a ridiculous $100-million contract at him and because the former coaching staff was a joke.

Head coach Jim Zorn was a nice guy who was in completely over his head, general manager Vinny Cerrato wanted to be buddy-buddy with the players and all defensive coordinator Greg Blache wanted to do was retire. Haynesworth knew he could get away with murder, and he did what he wanted, when he wanted.

Now, with actual competent and qualified people in those positions, Haynesworth would actually be held accountable for his actions. He’d be held to the same standard as his teammates. He’d be playing for a two-time Super Bowl winning coach who has seen it all before. No excuses. No bull****. You try to stage a protest on Christmas day against Shanahan and you might as well keep walking. He doesn’t have time to play games with grown men.

This right here is exactly what went through my head when I read that quote. Very well put.

Who do you think we can get with him? Because I am DONE with all his distractions he is making for our team. HAHA i remember when he first got on the team he was questioned about his work ethic and wheter the money would get to his head. Well this just proves all his statements of "working hard" were absolutely false. BYE BYE FAT-SO.!!!! Good article by the way!

HAIL TO THE SKINS BABY!!! :point2sky

How about Chad OchoCinco? The Bengals would have no problem taking a guy of Albert's character. We need a receiver. Perfect.

Sure, Ocho can be a knucklehead sometimes, but he doesn't do anything wrong and he shows up on gameday. I think of him as T.O Lite.

And at the end of the day, if teams don’t offer a satisfactory trade and Haynesworth isn’t willing to give any money back, then he can sit out the season. Force him to quit acting like an individual and, for the first time in his life, to put the team ahead of himself. If he’s not willing to do that, then he’s going to be well rested. Because he sure as hell won’t see the field anytime soon.

Amen!!!! :applause:

Shawn Gilbert his sorry @**!!! If we cant get what we want(in a trade)...F him ...make him sit,better yet,fine him starting NOW. Get some change back from all the sighning bonus...if he still dosnt show then suspend him and fine him some more!!! You know hes been gettin shot up the whole offseason...probably the only reason he was ever any good in the first place

All the dollars back, minus the minimum contract for last season and I'd let him be a FA.

A 2nd and a 5th in terms of minimum draft value.

Genuine starter in a position of need under 30 in a trade.

Anything less and he stays, for his whole contract without seeing the field if his attitude continues the same - fining his ass the maximum at every opportunity. The Redskins are much bigger than any player. Great example to make too....

Fine him until he shows up and sit him until his contract and career is over UNLESS he puts forth 100% effort. I hope we do NOT give in to his demands. For 30 million dollars I'd do whatever I was instructed to do IF I signed a contract.

Fine him until he shows up and sit him until his contract and career is over UNLESS he puts forth 100% effort. I hope we do NOT give in to his demands. For 30 million dollars I'd do whatever I was instructed to do IF I signed a contract.

As DeAngelo Hall said today, a $15,000 fine for blowing off a mandatory practice isn't going to change someone's mind if they feel like they have a point to prove. For that reason alone, I don't think fining him is really going to change anything.

The Redskins should have seen this one coming a mile away... Just because the player took the check doesn't mean they are happy or motivated. They lived in denial that AH would show up happy and be a part of things.

I am kind of glad its come to a head instead of smoldering in the background...

That being said the Redskins should look into an exit strategy. First of all since AH is all about himself, they should put the fear of recovering bonus money in AH as much as possible. Continue pursuing this angle sooner rather than later to force AH's hand. Perhaps if they can recover money and agree to terms they can trade him for mid round picks next year. At this point the Redskins should be about cutting losses, this was a bad move, try to get what you can out of it and move on. Unless there was a major change of heart in AH there's no way he can come to the team now.

As DeAngelo Hall said today, a $15,000 fine for blowing off a mandatory practice isn't going to change someone's mind if they feel like they have a point to prove. For that reason alone, I don't think fining him is really going to change anything.

Agree, but am in the camp to fine him to the max, and if and when he shows up let him run laps and ride the bench.

It sucks that we (Redskins) got ourselves in this position but I agree with others, we should not take less than "market" just to trade him. If no team is willing to trade, then have him sit until we do get a decent offer or until Al buys into what Shanny is trying to build.

Great article as always Murf!

Archived