Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Program alert: Skins v Eagles w 12 today on NFL replay NFLN second game.

gutlead74

Which Domain Name?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Domain Name?

• redskinsplayers.info
    • redskinsdb.info
    • redskinsplayersdb.com
    • skinsplayers.info
    • skinsplayers.com
    • redskinsplayers.com
    • skinsdatabase.com
    • redskinsdatabase.com
    • redskinsdatabase.info
    • skinsdb.com

Slow, rainy, boring Sunday, so I tried to look for a positive. All I have is it was one of Jason's better games. (One of only 17 out of 52 with multiple TD's; the 231 passing yards being close to those rare 9 occasions he topped 250 in a game; and one of the 20 games out of those 52 he lead us to 20 points or more.).

Outside of that I got little. Even McNabb had a game of little note. I'll pass on re-watching another 'Skins defeat in a horrid season played out before a well below capacity FedEx, but each to their own.

Hail.

Watching this game I must ask, what is McNabb's resume on reading a defense?

Watching Campbell closely in this game, I notice he does make a lot of good throws, but the ones he doesn't make are the ones that kill our offense.

On the interception he threw, he was under no pressure at all from the Eagles D-line, but he still throws right into traffic, and when they show the replay of the INT, in a widescreen shot, if Campbell just looks 10 more yards downfield, there is a WR running free and has a shot to take it to the house, unless he would have got caught from behind.

This is in contrast to McNabb IMO as Daryl Johnston mentioned in the broadcast, McNabb is always looking downfield to make a play first, and if he has to settle on something short he will. I think one of Campbell's knocks is he checks down way to fast, which often results in throwing the ball into traffic or making passes for a very minimal game.

Of course, yes, horrid O-line, Zorn calling plays etc etc.....but still.

On the interception he threw, he was under no pressure at all from the Eagles D-line, but he still throws right into traffic, and when they show the replay of the INT, in a widescreen shot, if Campbell just looks 10 more yards downfield, there is a WR running free and has a shot to take it to the house, unless he would have got caught from behind.

Well if you watch the play closer you can actually see that the receiver wasn't actually that wide open when campbell started to throw the football. He just looked so open because Samuels came off the reciever to make the pick as soon as he saw campbell start to throw.

A couple of observations, we really weren't that aweful. Our skill players are good. Why cut rock? When in ace we were high run outside zone, where ever sellars was lined up is where we ran, and we were still productive. Landry is a good safety, wrapping up makes him great.

I think this trade gets Reid and banner fired. Were the eagles really that much better than us? About beat them both games and did sweap them one year before. So you make us better and it's debatable if you got better or worse.

A couple of observations, we really weren't that aweful. Our skill players are good. Why cut rock? When in ace we were high run outside zone, where ever sellars was lined up is where we ran, and we were still productive. Landry is a good safety, wrapping up makes him great.

I think this trade gets Reid and banner fired. Were the eagles really that much better than us? About beat them both games and did sweap them one year before. So you make us better and it's debatable if you got better or worse.

The badness of the bad teams in the league are usually overstated. We had occasional success on offense and defense. So did Detroit in the past few seasons and St. Louis had guys like Steven Jackson on offense and James Laurantitis on defense being productive. The problem is we (and they) didn't have the leadership, discipline, conditioning, depth and coaching to pull out the hard wins. Physical ability wins you a few games, but it's everything else that gets you a winning record.

So yeah, we we able to move the ball on offense and stop it on defense occasionally, but good teams don't drop a bunch of passes, throw interceptions and give up 50 yard TDs.

The badness of the bad teams in the league are usually overstated. We had occasional success on offense and defense. So did Detroit in the past few seasons and St. Louis had guys like Steven Jackson on offense and James Laurantitis on defense being productive. The problem is we (and they) didn't have the leadership, discipline, conditioning, depth and coaching to pull out the hard wins. Physical ability wins you a few games, but it's everything else that gets you a winning record.

So yeah, we we able to move the ball on offense and stop it on defense occasionally, but good teams don't drop a bunch of passes, throw interceptions and give up 50 yard TDs.

Good post. The actual skill differences between teams is pretty small. So, there really shouldn't be teams losing by 30 points each week in the NFL. Bad teams are just the teams that find ways to lose.

I was at that game, so it was great to see it in replay on NFL network.

I thought Jason had a great game. M.Kelly hauled in a great deep ball. The 3 - 2nd round picks all ran with determination when the ball was in their hands.

On defense, I though C.Wilson had a strong game.

Archived