Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UniWatchBlog.com: Worst Uniform Combo Ever?

grassyglen

They used to do that way back in the 30's and 40's when the team usually only had one uniform. I saw a college basketball game last year where both did it. I think it was like Kentucky/Louisville or something like that.

From what I understand, sports teams added a white uniform when games began being broadcast on TV. Opponents with completely different colors could be indistinguishable on a black and white television, so white was added to make it easier for the folks at home.

I think it's safe to say we are now clear of the black and white era and should allow teams to wear whichever colors they'd like.

Anything with the gold pants is the most godawful.

Burgandy top and white pants is by far the best look.

I completely disagree.

The following looks is pretty darn cool, and better than the metallic cranberry pants with white jersey look the team wears now.

Sonny1.jpg

The all burgundy was something I always WANTED to see since 2000...

But after actually seeing them finally wear that combo... I'm not sure anymore.... I like it but I kind of don't like it....

That's because they got beat in the color scheme. If they had won everyone would be screaming for it.

Also what happened to the days where you wore team color jerseys at home and white on the road except when you played the cowgirls making them wear blue? Hell you turned on the tv and said "oh the _____ (insert team name) is playing at home. I blame Dallas for the change.

BTW we are Burgundy and Gold NOT WHITE or YELLOW!!!

I liked it and always wanted to see it.The best i have seen is the 70th ann uni's with the spear helmet and the gold pants.The uni's that we have had basically sense late 70's is boring and due for a change.Style is in the eye of the beholder and not decided in ny or france as some would like to state.Alot of stuff that is considerd stylish is hideous to me so whos to say.As for the losing,last year they lost in every color they wore so thats not a good excuse not to wear it.Part of the desire to have a change is to change,to break with a past that is bad and no good.We like to think that we have truely come to a place with a real Gm and Coach combo that things are going to change for the better.And that once again the Skins will be looked at with respect and dread as were in the 80's when people didn't look forward to playing us because it was an all day war.With that in mind i think a change is due.imho.

I wish the NFL would make it so teams with totally different colors could both wear their colored jersies instead of white.

I guess there may be someone out there somewhere still watching on a Black and White TV.

The Skins haven't had much luck in mixing the uniforms up lately...

2002's 70th anniversary throwbacks remind me of this:

I still like he 70th throwbacks. Might be my favorite of the last 40 years.

And the burgundy on burgundy reminds me of this:

I liked the B-on-B in a once a season kind of way .. and then .. you ruined it for me!

I completely disagree.

The following looks is pretty darn cool, and better than the metallic cranberry pants with white jersey look the team wears now.

Sonny1.jpg

Yeah, DH

I'm with ya on that one. That photo of SJ in that uni combo is a winner!

Archived