Seabee1973

Is it good to distrust authority?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Is it good to distrust authority?

• Yes, in all cases
    • No, in all cases
    • No, but there are exceptions
    • Yes, but there are limits that must be observed

Destino, so let me get this straight, they only check the status of legal residency only after an arrest, and you're even opposed to this?

I'm not opposed to the idea but don't like it being applied now as opposed to after comprehensive reform and yes a path to citizenship. I'm not a fan of human tragedy and I think this creates a lot of it.

Having said that I'm not particularly moved to oppose it. I think immigration needs to be tackled completely though and I'm annoyed that no one is embracing my strong handed approach on employing them.

BTW I also support:

1 - A big ass fence

2 - Immediate deportation (after comprehensive reform)

3 - Language learning time line for new immigrants under a certain age.

I'm not pro illegal immigration. :)

What's funny is that the way the Arizona law is worded will actually result in *less* illegal immigrants getting checked; no one realizes this however. There are only going to be narrow applications when "reasonable suspicion" exists that someone is an illegal.

1 - A big ass fence

2 - Immediate deportation (after comprehensive reform)

3 - Language learning time line for new immigrants under a certain age.

I'm not pro illegal immigration. :)

As for #2, why not deport someone here now if they are illegal?

And :ols: at your last statement. I have a question, you can choose not to answer it if you don't feel like answering it. I am basing this on a argument from way back and some of the things you have said in the past, how many illegal immigrants do you know personally?

As for #2, why not deport someone here now if they are illegal?
Because I think enforcement, other actions, and law making have been crafted to invite illegals to come here. I think the deportation aspect was always planned to mostly, if not entirely, center around pushing criminals out. As such I think it's wrong to turn around now and suddenly start destroying lives, such as children that have grown up here and don't even speak their native tongue.
And :ols: at your last statement. I have a question, you can choose not to answer it if you don't feel like answering it. I am basing this on a argument from way back and some of the things you have said in the past, how many illegal immigrants do you know personally?
I've known two and both became illegal as a result of US immigration incompetence. One was forced to leave and the US lost a good person and a good business man as a result. The other was able to rectify the situation at tremendous personal cost. Both became illegal while on the correct path to citizenship when the immigration office claimed to call for an appointment (they never did) and when that appointment wasn't met (because neither of them knew there was an appointment) they claimed that the application was abandoned. Because of that status their visas expired and instead of having their green cards as was the plan they lapsed into illegal status.

Just curious, how can you tell who is illegal?

1. It's really not that hard, it's Washington County MD and the Latino population is pretty low.

2. I have seen people washing their clothes in the lake where people are swimming.

3. Parents rinsing kids cloth diapers out in the area where people are swimming.

4. Kids under the age of 3 swimming without swim diapers.

Big cultural differences these people have not adapted to.

1. It's really not that hard, it's Washington County MD and the Latino population is pretty low.

2. I have seen people washing their clothes in the lake where people are swimming.

3. Parents rinsing kids cloth diapers out in the area where people are swimming.

You have shrewdly established that these people are probably immigrants. Many of them, from the evidence, of lower socioeconomic strata. But I was curious as to how you were able to determine their residency status.

You have shrewdly established that these people are probably immigrants. Many of them, from the evidence, of lower socioeconomic strata. But I was curious as to how you were able to determine their residency status.

Most legal citzens don't take up camp every weekend in a state park. I am not saying they are all illegal, however the ratio of Latinos to others(white/black/asian) is usually 90 to 1. If the park systems asked for even a State I.D to enter the park, the illegals wouldn't be there.

In short, they are Hispanic, and poor.

Archived