Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Day Poll: What do we do with #4?

RenegadeTK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Alright guys, it's draft day. The biggest difference between today and a month ago is the acquisition of Donovan McNabb. So with him on the roster, JC and other players on the trade block, and O-line issues unadressed... what is our plan.

What do we do with the #4 pick? :logo:

(not what you want to do, but what you think we will do)

I honestly think we're just going to sit at #4 and take Okung.

You haven't heard much about that, so that's why I think it'll happen.

Unless someone offers an exceptionally good trade, Shanny and Bruce know we need OL help. I don't care what Kyle has said, our OL is terrible.

Berry isn't going to happen, we need a legit LT and SloFlo or Heyer would be miserable choices.

I went with Okung, only because if I remember correctly, when talking with Kyle Shanahan (not me for those who wanna be a smartass), I remember him saying something along the line of he felt the line was good, but not to be shocked if we did go offensive linemen in the draft.

Either we should take the LT we think is going to be best (Okung or Williams) or find a way to trade back and acquire more picks to fill other needs. Maybe we can make a trade similar to that of a couple years ago when we picked up two 2nd round picks to give us 3 overall..in which we drafted thomas, kelly, and davis. Except this time we can draft lineman.

After all the games, I think they trade back in the first and take god knows who, but likely an OT.

But, I will crack up if they stay at 4 and pick Okung or Williams with all the smoke that has been blowing lately.

You seem right, as much as we need an offensive lineman, it's just not the Redskins move to settle towards their needs. We usually have to make some kind of big splash.

Trade down to around no. 10 in exchange for a late 1 or high 2, and take the best tackle on the board at 10. Use the new pick on another lineman, or McCoy if he's still available.

Do not, under any circumstances, take another defensive player in the first round unless Suh is still hanging around at 4.

I have to give mad props for the FO's ability to have everybody guessing this draft. First it's Bradford, then Okung, make that Williams, onto Berry and back to Bradford.

Entertaining to say the least, but I had to select "I have no clue"

If we do trade down and hope to get one of the top tackles we need to be carefull because they could all go in the top ten. Most mocks have only Charles Brown and Rodger Saffold available after the ten spot. That could change of course but there is a major dropoff.

I voted Berry as I have in similar polls across the forum.

Is it ignoring other needs? ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I'm not denying that, and I do agree that Trent Williams (or Okung, to a lesser extent) would better satisfy the team's needs.

However, Eric Berry, to me, as well as others, is the perfect prospect. I watch footage and I don't see any flaws in his game. The Ed Reed comparisons are real, people.

This would give us (let's, for the sake of argument, say there are no trades) 3 HUGE play makers on our defense.

On the line, AH

In the middle, Rak

In the secondary, Berry (maybe even Hall too)

I trust the Shanahans much moreso than I do Haslett, so I want the defense to be as good as it can be. I believe Mike and Kyle will make it work on offense.

The Berry is simply too sweet not to pick (see what I did there? :ols:)

Shanahan is so shrewd. He'll do whatever it takes to get who he wants.

I think bigger than WHO he wants is WHAT he wants. He wants more picks. I think this Berry talk has been leaked because Berry is the one guy that someone would trade up for. Create a bidding war between the Eagles, Browns, whoever and take the biggest loot.

If it doesn't work, I can see them actually taking Berry.

I think we'll stay at #4 and take Okung, but stranger things have happened and there seem to always be a few bombshells in the 1st round, so anything can happen.

Either way, either we take a LT at 4, trade down and take one, or Shanny had better have a plan as to how to get one.

Archived