Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Gosselin's Update Mock has Skins Taking Okung

Farbod21

if we don't/can't trade down, and he falls to us I hope we do get him, unless Shanny has someone graded higher who is available.

But it seems the Lions are going to take Okung. Rams will take Bradford. So will the Buccs take Suh or McCoy?

And would we then take the other one if we couldn'[t trade down?

Going to be very interesting come Thursday.

if we don't/can't trade down, and he falls to us I hope we do get him, unless Shanny has someone graded higher who is available.

But it seems the Lions are going to take Okung. Rams will take Bradford. So will the Buccs take Suh or McCoy?

And would we then take the other one if we couldn'[t trade down?

Going to be very interesting come Thursday.

didnt the lions just trade a LB today? If so...I think it would make more sense if they drafted someone for D...I want to say they are one of the worst in the league...no?

didnt the lions just trade a LB today? If so...I think it would make more sense if they drafted someone for D...I want to say they are one of the worst in the league...no?

Yeah, they traded Sims but I don't know why. And worse, to the Eagles. Hopefully their trend of getting bad LBers lately continues

But just because they traded a LBer doesn't guarantee they'll go DL.

That being said I hope they do go with Suh or McCpy so we can presumably get Okung.

Rumor is that we have Trent Williams rated higher, because he's more athletic and a better fit for our system. Kyle Shanahan made comments this weekend saying that big guys who can move are what he looks for in linemen.

I think we go Trent Williams with a trade down but don't rule out us trading up to get Bradford at no 1. Seems as though we are preparing to take QB with Kyle saying he is perfectly comfortbale going to to the season with the present OL no extention for McNabb yet, the Rams haven't started contract talks with Bradford and are interviewing other prospects. Rams are not going to trade themselves out of the top 5. I think we package our number 4 and Haynesworth to the Rams for the 1# pick plus Carriker. The Rams take Jimmy Clausen with our no# 4 pick.

From what I've seen the only thing Trent Williams has on Okung is a faster 40 time. Okung has more experience at LT (Williams has only started 13 games at LT his entire college career), better technique, superior footwork. Both guys move well laterally and have quick feet. But, IMO, Williams is going to be a project at first in the NFL. He was pretty inconsistent once he was moved over to the left side after Loadholt got drafted.

His stock only shot up once he started working out, etc. He might have a higher ceiling than Okung (though I'm honestly not even sure about that) but as of right now he is a workout warrior who is going to probably take some time to develop into a good LT at the pro level. You don't take a project at #4 overall. Okung would likely be a day 1 starter.

The whole "fits more in the scheme" thing is odd to me as well, seeing as how Oklahoma ran pretty much a straight up power man blocking system.

Archived