Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skaggs Is Playing

rg2k4

I said all along Dorsey is a winner and we should have picked him up......he gets all the same 'lack of arm strength' hate that DW gets, and thats somewhat deserved....but I think Dorsey has all those intangibles you love in a QB. I won't be surprised if he eventually shuts up all the critics and ends up a solid NFL QB.

Dorsey looked confident, knew where he wanted to go with the ball and had a quick release. Not great arm strength but not as bad as some would have you believe. Give that kid a few years to grow into that noodle body and learn the pro game and he could be very freekin good.

I was hoping we would grab him but I trust Spurrier knows what he wants in a QB and he must have seen something in Hamden.

thing is tarhog, weurfell has all those intangbles too. Especially coming out of college, he got beaten down a little with his NFL career. I'm just saying we of all people understand that you need enough arm strength to win in this league. Dorsey doesn't seem to have it.

-DB

I think Dorsey could be very good, if put in the right system. He's like Chad Pennington -- if forced to throw the ball more than 25 yards, he's very spotty. But if he's put in a West Coast system where he can dink and dunk for 10-15 yard gains, his accuracy is very good.

Yeah, the WCO is very valuable because (with good personnel of course) the precision of the offense largely removes the need for the QB to zip the ball anywhere. The most successful WCO QB by far, Joe Montana, didn't have a lot of arm strength either.

Archived