Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Missing Rings Series

dlwredskins

Hey guys it's been a while, but I have a question.....Do any of you know if the NFL Network made a Missing Rings show for the 1983 Redskins? I always see the one for the Vikings. I know that year ended painful, but in the regular season we did some great things, I like to atleast re-live that part and turn if off when they start the Superbowl highlights...just a question....

HAIL

I see, as far as the Titans though, there were not generally expected to beat "the greatest show on turf" The Redskins were expected to blast the Raiders out of Tampa.

Another side note on the 1999 season Super Bowl. I truly believe to this day that had the Redskins not blown a 13 point lead and botched that kick we would have gone into St Louis and beat the Rams....That's not being a homer, I just believe we could keep pace with them scoring and Norv would have found a way to keep their offense off the field....that's just my opinion. (and no I'm not a Norv Turner fan or supporter)

I think they may have already covered that season. If not then I'm sure they'll do it soon. I'm waiting for the '99 Titans, that ending was sooo painful to watch.

I think the Missing Rings series usually applies to team who never won a Super Bowl in that time period.

The '83 Skins were the defending Super Bowl Champs at the time so I don't think that qualifies. Those great Charger, Bengal, and Bills teams all apply. That amazing '98 Vikings team, they apply for sure.

They should do one on the Eagles. Four NFC Championship game losses and one Super Bowl loss under Andy Reid. Not to mention they've never won a SB.....ever. They could interview all of their drunken, idiot fans and see if they start crying. I'd watch that show.

Archived