Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss?

Dan T.

From Sports Illustrated Don Banks:

He also says:

As for being a top 10 QB right now... these are the guys right off the top of my head that I'd rather have leading my team:

1 Peyton Manning

2 Eli Manning

3 Tom Brady

4 Drew Brees

5 Tony Romo sits to pee

6 Aaron Rogers

7 Brett Favre

8 Carson Palmer

9 Phillip Rivers

10 Matt Ryan

11 Joe Flacco

12 Matthew Stafford

13 Ben Roethlesberger

14 Kevin Kolb

15 Jay Cutler

16 Matt Schaub

You have lost all credibility with that list. It's a laugher.

Check John Clayton's article. He calls us a Division contender.

Eli as the #2 qb. That's a good one.

The best part about this entire thread (and forgive me because I know it's been said multiple times in multiple threads) is that nearly every comment is GUESSING what the real "PLAN" is...because we DON'T KNOW FOR ONCE. We haven't telegraphed every Snyderatto move after move...I for one love it...I'm just as shocked about the D Mac signing as anyone and don't understand it yet, but I'm still on the optimistic side that we have REAL football guys running the show and THEY HAVE A PLAN so I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what's next...

...is it August yet???

You have lost all credibility with that list. It's a laugher.

Check John Clayton's article. He calls us a Division contender.

Eli as the #2 qb. That's a good one.

It was a response to the people calling McNabb a top 10 QB at this point in his career, and nowhere did I say I had them ranked in order. I said those were the guys off the top of my head that I'd rather have leading my team.

I do understand why you thought I had them ranked in order, but of course I wouldn't put Eli Manning ahead of Brady, Brees, Romo sits to pee, Rivers, Rogers, and Schaub.

My point was that if I had a shot at McNabb or any of those guys for the same second round pick, I would take any one of them before I would have chosen McNabb.

He used to be a top 10 QB... but not anymore, IMO.

And yes, we just might be a division contender. We have a real coaching staff now and we have upgraded a lot of spots on the team, including the QB position. However, that doesn't mean that McNabb is a top 10 QB or that I thought it was a good idea to give up a high second round pick in this draft.

The best part about this entire thread (and forgive me because I know it's been said multiple times in multiple threads) is that nearly every comment is GUESSING what the real "PLAN" is...because we DON'T KNOW FOR ONCE. We haven't telegraphed every Snyderatto move after move...I for one love it...I'm just as shocked about the D Mac signing as anyone and don't understand it yet, but I'm still on the optimistic side that we have REAL football guys running the show and THEY HAVE A PLAN so I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what's next...

...is it August yet???

But, with a move like this, it is a logical thing to ask, "What the hell is the plan?" Before it seemed pretty obvious that they were taking a gradual approach to evaluating the talent on this team. All of a sudden, it has gone from wanting competition at the QB position to hocking the future for a guy who's best football is likely behind him.

I understand this is a "win now" league, but to do this when the greatest need of the team has not been addressed makes me scratch my head.

But, with a move like this, it is a logical thing to ask, "What the hell is the plan?" Before it seemed pretty obvious that they were taking a gradual approach to evaluating the talent on this team. All of a sudden, it has gone from wanting competition at the QB position to hocking the future for a guy who's best football is likely behind him.

I understand this is a "win now" league, but to do this when the greatest need of the team has not been addressed makes me scratch my head.

I agree, and disagree both - I'm just as confused as any of us, but I guess I've got more confidence in Shanahallen, whereas if Vinny pulls this move off, I'm in here screaming like a 5 year old at the supermarket. However, I don't think a 2nd rounder and a 3rd/4th rounder really warrent hocking the future, I'm still optimistic that there is a plan to bring in the contingent QB because surely they're smart enough to realize McNabb is hardly a long term solution...

....or at least we hope so, right?...right??? :)

Archived