Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Why don't honest journalists take on Fox News?

E-Dog Night

MSNBC does the samething Foxnews does. So why so much outrage at Foxnews and not MSNBC?

No, MSNBC does not do the same thing as Fox. MSNBC actually reports on real news on a more frequent basis. And MSNBC has never blatantly lied on the levels of Fox.

MSNBC certainly ain't perfect -- they have their spin makers as well -- but no one can do what Fox does. They have made an art form out of B.S.ing the public.

No, MSNBC does not do the same thing as Fox. MSNBC actually reports on real news on a more frequent basis. And MSNBC has never blatantly lied on the levels of Fox.

MSNBC certainly ain't perfect -- they have their spin makers as well -- but no one can do what Fox does. They have made an art form out of B.S.ing the public.

Keep thinking that and I will keep laughing at you....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So who's the big squeaky clean journalist who hasn't a hint of bias to take them on? Is there one? Anywhere?

This one? http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2010/03/12/andreas-emotional-plea-dem-congressman-obamacare-youve-got-get-him

Click the video on the page.

Let he/she among you who is without sin....

Mitchell is obviously an opinion spin-doctor. We see that every day on Fox. Watch Sean Hannity. Glenn Beck, Neil Cavuto, Bill O'Reilly, and Greta Van Susteren, and you wil see hours of this stuff, one after another. And that isn't even counting their snarky "news" segments, either.

Keep thinking that and I will keep laughing at you....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You couldn't spot reporting if it smacked you on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper. That is what Fox does to you: It leaves you confused, like an old crank user.

MSNBC does the samething Foxnews does. So why so much outrage at Foxnews and not MSNBC?

Go create a thread about something MSNBC does, find a legit article with legit points as begins this thread and I'm sure I'll have something to say. But as anyone with an elementary school reading level can see, this thread is about Fox.

Simple enough.

Why bring up MSNBC in a thread about Fox if not to do exactly what I've said Fox news afficianados do when confronted with the truth about their favorite propaganda? Namely bring up something else to distract away from what is being discussed.

They're bad is not an excuse to be bad. As I also said before, do you teach your kids that when another kid does something wrong, then it's OK for your kid to do it too?

Say your kid pulls the fire alarm at school. Do you go into school to handle it by saying "Other kids have pulled the fire alarm, so what's the problem?" Do you then als say to your kid, "don't worry,, other kids have pulled it, so you're allowed to do it now, too?".

I don't get this.

~Bang

You couldn't spot reporting if it smacked you on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper. That is what Fox does to you: It leaves you confused, like an old crank user.

Didn't you just say MSNBC doesn't distort the news and isn't as bad as Foxnews? Are you sure you haven't been beaten over the head with a rolled-up newspaper?

:laugh:

Actually, he doesn't support his premise very well at all. He mostly uses generalizations and one or two hand picked items. He also does what many folks here do, talk about 'Fox News', when they really mean the commentary shows.

The reason 'honest journalists' don't take on Fox News is because the news department reports on real news, and the commentary shows offer facts to support their views.

Go create a thread about something MSNBC does, find a legit article with legit points as begins this thread and I'm sure I'll have something to say. But as anyone with an elementary school reading level can see, this thread is about Fox.

Simple enough.

Why bring up MSNBC in a thread about Fox if not to do exactly what I've said Fox news afficianados do when confronted with the truth about their favorite propaganda? Namely bring up something else to distract away from what is being discussed.

They're bad is not an excuse to be bad. As I also said before, do you teach your kids that when another kid does something wrong, then it's OK for your kid to do it too?

Say your kid pulls the fire alarm at school. Do you go into school to handle it by saying "Other kids have pulled the fire alarm, so what's the problem?" Do you then als say to your kid, "don't worry,, other kids have pulled it, so you're allowed to do it now, too?".

I don't get this.

~Bang

here ya go...

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=300134&highlight=MSNBC

the sad thing this and the other threads about Fox proves beyond a shadow of a doubt is that people on the right and the left will defend their propaganda machines, all the while pointing at the other one as if it is worse.

Sorry, can't defend one liar and decry another. It rings hollow.

~Bang

Just so long as it isn't in a thread about how bad Foxnews is, right Bang?

An old saying from the left...

If you don't like it, don't watch it. No one is forcing you to watch it.

But I love seeing FOX get under the skin of some. :ols: I don't have that kind of hate for MSNBC - eh, I don't watch it.

Right, because propaganda, misrepresentation and lies in the name of news are always such fun! I mean hell, look at all the great parties it has started throughout history!

It's more than just "getting under some people's skins". It's recognizing what this sort of propaganda has caused in history, and hoping like hell that we don't see the same thing again.

Besides, on a more immediate level, doesn't it just bug you that they manipulate you so much? Doesn't it bother you when their lies and misrepresentations are shown time and time again? I mean, for them to keep doing it doesn't show much respect for your intelligence, does it?

~Bang

An old saying from the left...

If you don't like it, don't watch it. No one is forcing you to watch it.

But I love seeing FOX get under the skin of some. :ols: I don't have that kind of hate for MSNBC - eh, I don't watch it.

I fail to see why the concern for accuracy in media, especially a widely watched station with an poor track record for truth in reporting, is a laughable matter. Especially since it has an influence on the American public.

"Fox lies! That is hilarious!" I guess I always knew they were a comedy network!

You know what is actually funny? How none of the Fox defenders have really disputed the charges against Fox. They're basically like imps, gleefully trying to tweak the liberals.

"Yes, they lie! Hehe! We love it"

That shall be my new name for them.

Didn't you just say MSNBC doesn't distort the news and isn't as bad as Foxnews? Are you sure you haven't been beaten over the head with a rolled-up newspaper?

:laugh:

No, I never said that. I said they are not on the same level as Fox.

Your posting is as accurate as Fox News' reporting.

And there I was, post #23. Showing again my disdain for these propaganda machines.

Now, further on in this year and a half old thread you started is this little nugget

I'm not trying to validate Foxnews in the least bit. What I am trying to show is what people like yourself seem to not want to openly acknowledge. That being those in the media with the same political ideology you have are just as bad as Foxnews.

So it would seem we're in agreement.

~Bang

Really? Do you have any proof that anyone from Foxnews has said anything worse then this?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2608841/scott_brown_and_keith_olbermanns_on.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjPLIVZ2Pg

Just to note: Lying and distorting the truth are too different things in Baculus World

I will always love you Baculus because you believe you can buy health insurance for $10 bucks a month with a $25,000 deductible and wonder why it's a bad thing. :ols:

Actually, he doesn't support his premise very well at all. He mostly uses generalizations and one or two hand picked items. He also does what many folks here do, talk about 'Fox News', when they really mean the commentary shows.

The "commentary" shows make up most of Fox's prime-time programming. And it is the "commentary" shows which people treat as "real news." That is why Glenn Beck is organizing a rally in Washington for later this year, and why he had a "9/12" march in DC. And it is amazing how Beck, a mere "commentator," spoke at the CPAC event.

This is also why Glenn Beck said this the other day on his show. He was talking to the VP Fox, and the VP said the following:

“Glenn, everything you’re talking about is coming. Everything you’re talking about — everything you’ve been talking about for the last year and a half. It’s all here now. And what you’re saying is coming, I don’t see any other way.” [...]

"Now the question is, where do we go from here? … And he said to me, he said, “Glenn, the answer is, you’ve been saying it for a while,” he said, “but we have to convince the audience that this is really truly true. You are the key. You must be able to reach to your friends and your neighbors, you must, must, must, bring one person to the table.”

(End of quote)

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/03/11/fox-exec-beck-key/

The reason 'honest journalists' don't take on Fox News is because the news department reports on real news, and the commentary shows offer facts to support their views.

Even their real "news" reporters are snarky and repeat the same phrases, verbatim, as their "commentary shows." there is really little difference between them, in much of their "reporting."

I will always love you Baculus because you believe you can buy health insurance for $10 bucks a month with a $25,000 deductible and wonder why it's a bad thing. :ols:

If I recall, it was you that didn't believe a $50-a-month health plan existed. I showed you it did, and then you attacked it for its deductibles (which was $10,000, if I recall)!

If I recall, it was you that didn't believe a $50-a-month health plan existed. I showed you it did, and then you attacked it for its deductibles (which was $10,000, if I recall)!

Right! And you still have no clue why your plan is flawed. :ols::ols::ols: Thats the best part. :cool:

Really? Do you have any proof that anyone from Foxnews has said anything worse then this?

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200907280008

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/28/fox-host-glenn-beck-obama_n_246310.html

Beck defended this statement the other day, and Sean Hannity backed hm up. Meanwhile, Olbermann had the presence of mind to apologize.

Just to note: Lying and distorting the truth are too different things in Baculus World

Lies are usually straight up fabrications, e.g. "We are positive Obama was not born in the U.S. We have evidence!"

Distortions are sometimes based upon the truth, but twisted. "Obama's father was born in Kenya. Hence, Obama was possibly born in Kenya as well."

(These are just random, made-up examples.)

Archived