Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Vick Selected For Ed Block Courage Award

Rocky21

How is not torturing and murdering animals making an effort? That should be a given, as it is for billions of people.

With that logic we should give rapists and child-killers awards after their probation period after getting out of jail, if they can courageously manage to not rape people and kill children anymore. What an amazing effort!

He is not getting the award for not killing dogs. He has made an effort to give back to the community and get his life in order. He is getting an award for turning his life around and deciding to do something positive with it rather than what he was doing before. And Im sorry rapists and child killers are not even in the same category and its absolutely ridiculous when people try to make that argument. The drug dealer who turns his life around and makes something of himself is a feel good story that people support but Michael Vick turning his life around is not?

I get the whole thing about Mike Vick needing his ego stroked to keep him from wanting to kill puppies, but an award?! Really!?

Why don't we just give an award to everyone who didn't commit a felony in the past year? Actually....... that would narrow the field down pretty far.

Its harder for some people to meet expectations especially in the army. Some people are not as physically fit. They have a lot more to overcome to just be like everyone else. What about someone that comes from a lower income family living in a neighborhood where drugs and crime are prevalent but comes out with a college degree and makes a better life for themselves? Plenty of people do that like its nothing, but its a lot harder for that person and I personally believe they should be recognized to show others in similar situations that would rather just give up that it can be done. Guess its a difference of opinion.

No. This wasn't basic training. This was after. Which meant he regressed and got lazy. If you can't pass the ARMY PT test with its lowered standards, you have no business wearing the uniform, much less receiving an award. Just like maintaining the weight/physical fitness standards was that Private's job, it is Mike Vick's job to abide by the law and play football. He doesn't deserve recognition for doing what is expected of EVERY OTHER person in this country.

Have you ever tried to help someone who has messed their life up through drugs or crime or anything similar? Do you know how it is to break a cycle like that when its all you have known your entire life? You have to show them you appreciate when they do the right thing rather than slip back into old habits. They need to make an effort but you need to show them you appreciate the effort they are making.

Basically everyone I grew up with.....

I don't call "courage" the halting of killing and torturing animals. That's more along the common sense lines.

Chris Rock said it best:

"A ****** will brag about some **** a normal man just does. A ****** will say some **** like, "I take care of my kids." You're supposed to, you dumb mother****er! What kind of ignorant **** is that? "I ain't never been to jail!" What do you want, a cookie?! You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having mother****er!"

Gifts are given, awards are earned.

....and?

Good for him. It's amazing to me how many people forgive and forget other things but hold a grudge against people that had zero impact on their personal lives.

I am not a fan of Vick, nor of what he participated in, but it's in the past at this point and humans were not the victims.

When Tommy Brasher (DL coach) died he received the award from the Eagles.

When Jim Johnson dies Michael Vick receives it. Sad.

(I am not against Vick getting this award just thought Johnson was more deserving considering everything he did for Philadelphia)

Archived