Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: America's Richest Counties

MissU28

Vienna is the same, but at least I have a Metro stop 2 minutes from my house. I've honestly run out of **** to do in this town, Fairfax has no bar scene at all and Vienna is filled with punk teenagers who think they are the coolest kids ever.

Almost as annoying as the yuppies who have ruined Clarendon. :cool:

Well, Loudoun is seriously inflated by the professional sports players that live in the area. 90% of the Skins, a bunch of the Caps, Wiz and Nats, and all the political riff raff. Plus, you throw in the business owners......
a basic understanding of mathematics would allow you to realize the difference between a measure of median and mean. If we were talking about mean, yes you might have a point, but median is a measure of center that is not necessarily affected by outliers. For example, a set of five numbers, 7,10,11,13,145. mean is affected greatly by the outlier, making it roughly 37. the median is 11. now, tell me which is the better measure of center.

even so, if we were talking about mean, saying that the outliers of salaries of sportsplayers who live in Loudoun would cause a serious shift to the right to make it over 100k would require a very large population of people earning very little income.

Well, Loudoun is seriously inflated by the professional sports players that live in the area. 90% of the Skins, a bunch of the Caps, Wiz and Nats, and all the political riff raff. Plus, you throw in the business owners......

Yeah definitely, DT lives in my neighborhood and Golston(former Skin?) lives 3 houses down. I definitely think the median income in Ashburn alone exceeds 130K(20148)

Archived