Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brees is inspiration for Bradford

MWCREDSKINS

Lots of Skins fans use Sam Bradford's shoulder as reason we shouldn't draft him. But people forget the in 2006, Drew Brees NFL future was as bleak as Bradford. He tore his rotator cuff and was lucky New Orleanes was desperate to give him a chance and I would say that has worked out pretty well. I personally am warming up to the Bradford idea especailly if we can find a couple solid O Line in free agency like Shanahan used to do in Denver. Bradford reminds me of Brees in a lot of aspects

Brees was a successful NFL QB who had all the tools to play the position before suffering an injury to his shoulder.

Bradford has missed a full year of college ball, never played in the NFL and injured that shoulder TWICE. Not allot to compare there.. I think it's time for the Bradford boys to stop reaching for straws here...

Also if anything this should be a warning to build up the OL before drafting a multi million dollar investment at QB. Anyone who thinks that "we can find a couple solid O Line in free agency" with no CBA is delusional, considering the rules that will be in place as of March 1.

Brees was a successful NFL QB who had all the tools to play the position before suffering an injury to his shoulder.

Bradford has missed a full year of college ball, never played in the NFL and injured that shoulder TWICE. Not allot to compare there.. I think it's time for the Bradford boys to stop reaching for straws here...

Also if anything this should be a warning to build up the OL before drafting a multi million dollar investment at QB. Anyone who thinks that "we can find a couple solid O Line in free agency" with no CBA is delusional, considering the rules that will be in place as of March 1.

Yet he is still ranked to go very early. The oline is going to get rebuilt for a different scheme them almost everyone else in the league so those players will be available elsewhere. Draft the future of the franchise and build around him.

Ever heard of a cornerstone?

Yet he is still ranked to go very early. The oline is going to get rebuilt for a different scheme them almost everyone else in the league so those players will be available elsewhere. Draft the future of the franchise and build around him.

Cornerstone usually starts with a LOT not a QB. And building a team around a QB would work if there only wasn't that pesky thing called a Collective Bargaining Agreement. You know, the document that will be null on March 1st which limits free agency and will make finding replacements for the scrubs that we have on the OL nearly impossible?

Nevermind that Shanahan has never worked like this before and nevermind that Shanahan has drafted a 1st round QB once in 14 years as a HC and nevermind that the OL is the worst part of the team and nevermind that Campbell is actually a serviceable QB.

We need Bradford, dammit! :doh:

Every draft choice is a risk but if this kid is a franchise QB before the injury and James Andrews vouches for his health and future health then i'm down for securing our QB in this draft. Also Favre was drafted having tested with Bo Jackson's hip issue.....college fragile players can become NFL ironmen and vice versa...so is the world.

Cornerstone usually starts with a LOT not a QB. And building a team around a QB would work if there only wasn't that pesky thing called a Collective Bargaining Agreement. You know, the document that will be null on March 1st which limits free agency and will make finding replacements for the scrubs that we have on the OL nearly impossible?

Nevermind that Shanahan has never worked like this before and nevermind that Shanahan has drafted a 1st round QB once in 14 years as a HC and nevermind that the OL is the worst part of the team and nevermind that Campbell is actually a serviceable QB.

We need Bradford, dammit! :doh:

Um a cornerstone is "one" block and the most important single impact player is the QB.

Look at the QB's Shanny has had in the past. Does Jason fit that mold? :D

Anyone who thinks that "we can find a couple solid O Line in free agency" with no CBA is delusional, considering the rules that will be in place as of March 1.

Okay if we save that quote until FA's played out Os?

If your right, you'll get my sincere apologies for arguing against that claim the past month or so.

But conversely, being as vehement as you've been with it, if Shanahan picks up his type of linemen when teams start making cuts that are solid and we keep, I shall be reminding you of this. ;).

Hail.

If the doc says Bradford is OK I don't see why the shoulder should even be considered an issue.

Okay if we save that quote until FA's played out Os?

If your right, you'll get my sincere apologies for arguing against that claim the past month or so.

But conversely, being as vehement as you've been with it, if Shanahan picks up his type of linemen when teams start making cuts that are solid and we keep, I shall be reminding you of this. ;).

Hail.

He's already picked up one. What was his name, Lichtenstieger or something?

I think it is just as short-sighted to ignore a possible franchise QB in this draft just because our OL happens to suck worse than our current game-manager QB.

You get the best player you can, when you can period ... and you don't hedge bets on any future possibilities or scenarios, because nothing ever goes as planned. If we don't draft Bradford and he is there at #4, then I will assume that Shanny doesn't think he is the right QB for him ... and I will be fine with it.

I understand the point that the OP is making, it may be apples to oranges comparisons, but the theme of the thread is valid IMO.

Using your logic, you must be perplexed as to how Tim Couch, David Carr, Akili Smith, and Alex Smith never panned out.

A cornerstone is only as good as it is sturdy. What good is a fragile cornerstone? It just makes the inevitable collapse a bigger pile.

];7273497']Using your logic' date=' you must be perplexed as to how Tim Couch, David Carr, Akili Smith, and Alex Smith never panned out.

A cornerstone is only as good as it is sturdy. What good is a fragile cornerstone? It just makes the inevitable collapse a bigger pile.[/quote']

You don't have to tell me we have been living that for the last 5 years.

Yup... its called a "Tackle". You can ask

Shawn Alexander

Matt Hasselbeck

Priest Holmes

Larry Johnson

Trent Green

Stephen Jackson

Marc Bulger

Clinton Portis

etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

The mock drafts will change drastically after the combine, and that's to be expected.

But for some reason, they'll change even more in the 3 weeks before the draft. Because everyone knows you get better by pushing a bar bell up a lot more times than expected a month prior.

Yup... its called a "Tackle". You can ask

Shawn Alexander

Matt Hasselbeck

Priest Holmes

Larry Johnson

Trent Green

Stephen Jackson

Marc Bulger

Clinton Portis

etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...

Well Jason had his and still couldn't get to the playoffs. As I said before with this enviro (no CBA) it will actually be easy to fill spots in the market ESPECIALLY in a Shanny schemed O. Then you can get any empty spots via draft if needed.

I really expect us to dump a lot of empty weight this off season if we don't have a CBA and by a miracle one is signed then Jason won't sign with us anyway so we will need both.

Well Jason had his and still couldn't get to the playoffs. As I said before with this enviro (no CBA) it will actually be easy to fill spots in the market ESPECIALLY in a Shanny schemed O. Then you can get any empty spots via draft if needed.

I really expect us to dump a lot of empty weight this off season if we don't have a CBA and by a miracle one is signed then Jason won't sign with us anyway so we will need both.

I dont think you understand the ramifications of no CBA. It makes it more difficult to obtain players through FA.

Oh yeah... and JC got the old and busted version of Samuels. I love Samuels, but he has not been the same since 2006... Jason never got to see his best years.

I dont think you understand the ramifications of no CBA. It makes it more difficult to obtain players through FA.

Oh yeah... and JC got the old and busted version of Samuels. I love Samuels, but he has not been the same since 2006... Jason never got to see his best years.

and Chris has never seen Jason's....or has he?

Oh I understand the CBA and without it but you also have to understand what it allows teams to do. Without one the Skins are going to try to trade some but will make a major dump to unload a lot without takers.

It's going to be really interesting without one and timing is going to be very interesting as well. Add to that the extra day during the draft and I predict you will see more trading then usual.

and Chris has never seen Jason's....or has he?

Oh I understand the CBA and without it but you also have to understand what it allows teams to do. Without one the Skins are going to try to trade some but will make a major dump to unload a lot without takers.

It's going to be really interesting without one and timing is going to be very interesting as well. Add to that the extra day during the draft and I predict you will see more trading then usual.

Haha! Touche' my good man.

I actually agree that we may cutsome dead weight. But getting guys to replace them will be difficult... especially on the line. Theres not much out there. Kind of like the perfect storm of being able to spend, with nothing to buy...

Haha! Touche' my good man.

I actually agree that we may cutsome dead weight. But getting guys to replace them will be difficult... especially on the line. Theres not much out there. Kind of like the perfect storm of being able to spend, with nothing to buy...

Definitely makes the draft more interesting. I just wish the opening round wasn't on Thursday night.

Archived