Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So how long or far is forever?

HRNY4ZRNY

Not to pose an idiotic question but here is my question.

How long or far is forever?

Here are my thoughts so you can understand what the hell Im talking about.

Lets take space, the universe for example... How far does it go? People say past the universe is black matter. Not that I know what black matter is but what is past black matter. Does space have an end. I cant see how it could have an end. Would it be a giant wall? Don't think so. So if space goes on forever and ever that is a pretty freaky thought.

Here is another example. You can cut anything in half by 2 forever right? you will never reach an end, it will just get smaller and smaller. So if their is no end to size could the earth be an atom in another solar system, or even something freakier than that. We have life thats inside us like germs bacteria ameabas and crap like that. Well whats in a germ? And if their are things in germs what do they have that make them up?

Finally the thought of time. When we die we are going to be dead forever and ever and ever. That is something that troubles me. The idea of heaven troubles me because what the heck are we going to do forever and ever. I guess the human mind cannot comprehend all of this type of stuff. Just thought I would throw this out there and see if anyone thinks like me. I wish I didn't think these thoughts because they really do me no good because there is no answer.

Not trying to be to deep and I dont want this to turn into a religous thread not dissing religion but Im thinking more scientifically. Sometimes I've told these thoughts to friends and I always get a really simple answer like just except Jesus into your heart. Problem is that does me no good because I dont know how you just can just do that.

I'll end with a link of a song about Forever... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSO-0-R0d5E

Go all the way to the end, and then there's more. :)

Supposedly, the universe is always expanding. At the same time, it's infinite. I don't understand how that works, but the idea of a wall blocking anything further is even more confusing to me. Like you're saying, size is relative. Look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets , and this is only the KNOWN celestial bodies. We're an incredibly small spec, compared to other things.

If death scares you and you are a Christian, it sounds like you don't understand what the Bible teaches. Look at 1 Corinthians 15:

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

So if death is the seperation of the body and the spirit, and when the resurrection occurs for us (as it did for Christ and the righteous who lived before His death), then our bodies will be back together with our spirits, and we are not dead. There will be plenty to do in heaven, and with our resurrected bodies, we will eat filet minion EVERY NIGHT!!!

Go all the way to the end, and then there's more. :)

Supposedly, the universe is always expanding. At the same time, it's infinite. I don't understand how that works, but the idea of a wall blocking anything further is even more confusing to me. Like you're saying, size is relative. Look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planets , and this is only the KNOWN celestial bodies. We're an incredibly small spec, compared to other things.

If death scares you and you are a Christian, it sounds like you don't understand what the Bible teaches. Look at 1 Corinthians 15:

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

So if death is the seperation of the body and the spirit, and when the resurrection occurs for us (as it did for Christ and the righteous who lived before His death), then our bodies will be back together with our spirits, and we are not dead. There will be plenty to do in heaven, and with our resurrected bodies, we will eat filet minion EVERY NIGHT!!!

If the universe is expanding there must be an edge to its expansion. That means it is not infinite.

If the universe is expanding there must be an edge to its expansion. That means it is not infinite.
Then what's at the edge of that expansion? It's got to be infinite, right? I mean, how could it not be? That's why I don't understand it when people say it's expanding... what does that even mean?

Then what's at the edge of that expansion? It's got to be infinite, right? I mean, how could it not be? That's why I don't understand it when people say it's expanding... what does that even mean?

Then it's not a Universe, instead a multiverse.

Where is God when he created the Heavens and Earth.

Archived