Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senior Bowl thread

redskins021

OT Selvish Capers: Allowed a couple of sacks. Granted it was against Brandon Graham, but that could be a sign that he shouldn't start. I'd put him in the bargain bin of draft picks.

OT Vladimir Ducasse: Did his job nicely. A gem among Tackles. I'd take him with our 2nd round pick in a heartbeat.

OT Ciron Black: See Selvish Capers.

OT Sam Young: Guy outta Notre Dame did fine as RT. Probably a late round pick for us.

OG Mike Iupati: Good job out there but they say he is more suitable in LG (Dockery's spot) and he likes to hold too much. Got penalized for it.

OG Thomas Welch: Nothing eye catching but he is the only other guard I could spot.

C Matt Tennant: A very serviceable center. Way better than the South center who did the overhead snap. Usually I would hope he would be in the mid-round, but after a center was selected in the first round last year, I think we won't be able to get him.

Agree with Capers and Black.

I was going to comment on Sam Young, but I want to rewatch the Senior Bowl and focus on him; plus others. From what I saw, maintained his blocks and didn't give up. Big boy too. To be continued...

Mike Iupati, not impressed. Did not match the hype given to him pre-game. Looked better as a LG, maybe because Vladimir Ducasse was next to him in the 2nd half?

Vladimir Ducasse has loooooong arms! Look like a bully with the punches he gave.

Matt Tennant, not impressed. Give me Maurkice Pouncey this year, and his brother Mike in '11.

Ben Graham with our 2nd rounder - kid is a beast with a non stop motor that can make our D a super bowl Defense. I'm hoping we can snag either Dexter McCluster or Blount in the 4th round.

If we could pull that off we can off our bookend pass rushers in the 3-4 for the next decade with him and Rak.....

I like all of the unemployed QB coaches and talent scouts in this thread offering (more like parroting) their technical expertise on Tim Tebow.

Vince Young has really crappy mechanics. The Titans started 0-6 until he was named starter.

Next.

Vince Young has had no real sustained success in the NFL. It's too early to say if he's going to be worth where he was drafted. In fact, he should be playing better, considering he was a 1st rounder a few years back.

And if that's not bad enough, Tebow is like Vince Young lite. No way is this guy going to be a QB in the NFL.

Vince Young has had no real sustained success in the NFL. It's too early to say if he's going to be worth where he was drafted. In fact, he should be playing better, considering he was a 1st rounder a few years back.

And if that's not bad enough, Tebow is like Vince Young lite. No way is this guy going to be a QB in the NFL.

But compare and contrast another QB who was taken in the 1st round in the same draft- Matt Leinart. Vince Young nearly salvages an 0-6 start and Leinart can't even be counted on to come in on mop up duty in a cards blowout yet Leinart was projected as a better NFL QB prospect because he's more mechanically sound.

But compare and contrast another QB who was taken in the 1st round in the same draft- Matt Leinart. Vince Young nearly salvages an 0-6 start and Leinart can't even be counted on to come in on mop up duty in a cards blowout yet Leinart was projected as a better NFL QB prospect because he's more mechanically sound.

My feeling is that there are different kinds of mechanics problems. Rivers's release doesn't look good because he pushes the ball, but it gets where it needs to go and is compact. In the end, what his release looks like didn't matter. Tebow's problem is the long wind up. That's going to create problems because a lot of DEs now are taught to go for the strip sack (plus it just takes longer allowing more time for D linemen to get sacks and safeties to read his eyes). I believe that Tebow can be successful in the NFL, but it's not going to be in a traditional way. He needs a coach who can think outside the box and put him in a position where his talents are highlighted and his flaws are minimized. Every player benefits from a coach like that, but Tebow requires it.

So because Vince Young is better than a crappy Matt Leinart it means that Tebow is going to have success in the NFL? Seems like a solid argument.

Vince Young has really crappy mechanics. The Titans started 0-6 until he was named starter.

Next.

Vince Young would have been run out of town after three years by the fans. The fact that it has taken him 4 years to get where he is wouldn't be acceptable to most.

As for Tebow, it looks like he's got a long ways to go to be an NFL QB. Maybe he will get there, maybe he won't.

So because Vince Young is better than a crappy Matt Leinart it means that Tebow is going to have success in the NFL? Seems like a solid argument.

Not at all. It's that whether a QB is technically sound is not THE determining factor on whether they'll be successful or not. Young and Leinart are just one of many examples.

Vince Young would have been run out of town after three years by the fans. The fact that it has taken him 4 years to get where he is wouldn't be acceptable to most.

Where he is is being a pretty crappy QB. A career QB rating in the low 70s with 7 more interceptions than touchdowns. If it wasn't for his supreme athleticism (something Tebow does not have) he would be out of the league by now.

Where he is is being a pretty crappy QB. A career QB rating in the low 70s with 7 more interceptions than touchdowns. If it wasn't for his supreme athleticism (something Tebow does not have) he would be out of the league by now.

To be fair, he had a pretty good run after he came back from his exile. Unfortunately, he ended it with a couple bad games. Hopefully, he can build on that and become a better QB. Still, somewhat of a disappointment after being drafted so high. Personally, I felt he was overrated a bit as well because of his athletic ability.

To be fair, he had a pretty good run after he came back from his exile. Unfortunately, he ended it with a couple bad games. Hopefully, he can build on that and become a better QB. Still, somewhat of a disappointment after being drafted so high. Personally, I felt he was overrated a bit as well because of his athletic ability.

I was in that same boat to a more extreme degree as I thought of him as a WR prospect. To this day I believe that Vince could become a pretty effective WR if he worked on it.

Senoir Bowl observations:

1. None of the OLineman distinguished ... shows the folly of relying on Draft for immediate OLine help.

2. QBs were not special ... the creme (Bradford/Clausen) still on top. LeFevour however did help himslef ... now a definite 2nd rounder ... I could see Shanny liking this guy.

3. Graham, Weatherspoon. Eads showed well at OLB and took the headlines ... but I thought Cox, Cook and Patterson were outstanding in the secondary.

4. The receivers looked hot especially: Thompson, Gilyard, both Grahams, Peek, Cooper and Andre Roberts.

5. Miller (RMathews caddy) looked great until he fumbled. Ben Tate will be special ... hope Skins can steal him.

If we could pull that off we can off our bookend pass rushers in the 3-4 for the next decade with him and Rak.....

I still think that Jerry Hughes could be that guy. Maybe it's good that There's probably no chance, but if Graham's performance can push him ahead of Hughes as a rush LB, maybe Hughes drops to us in the second.

Hughes had 26.5 sacks in the last two years. He is very consistent, has great size at 6'3" 257# or so, and demonstrates a great burst and hand use. Unlike Von Miller, if you watch Hughes' gametape, I think he will translate very well into the pro game. He could be another Terrell Suggs/Elvis Dumervil.

those strips are happening in and around the pocket....no awareness from Mr. Tebow.

That should've been perfectly clear after he got blindsided to his face this past season.

who exactly said he's a late 1st rounder? I'm not seeing that....especially since guys like Golden Tate are being projected in the late 1st round.
That was my initial thought, I was hoping he'd be a 4th rounder-ish.

Just saw Todd McShay on ESPNews and he said he thinks dude is a 2nd rounder after his performance yesterday.

I like all of the unemployed QB coaches and talent scouts in this thread offering (more like parroting) their technical expertise on Tim Tebow.

Next.

Jason Campbell had a 6-2 run in 2008. Doesn't mean that Vince Young is an NFL QB. The Titans won because they were forced to commit to the run when Young took over. That and they played a bunch of really bad teams. First six games they played one team that had a losing record and even that was 7-9. They only played 4 teams that had winning records losing to two of them and the two they beat both had 9-7 records and they rushed for over 500 yards combined in those two games. Good defenses eat Vince Young alive.

2. QBs were not special ... the creme (Bradford/Clausen) still on top. LeFevour however did help himslef ... now a definite 2nd rounder ... I could see Shanny liking this guy.

I think he'll end up going in the 3rd. The fact that he doesn't have a gun will hurt him at the combines and most people will forget that football is played between the lines and not with a stopwatch. I'm happy we have Jarmon and think it was a smart move but I sure would like to have that 3rd rounder to get LeFevour if we don't end up getting Bradford.

They were commenting on cox playing and stated that he needs to wrap up and tends to tackle like laundry. Also I read somewhere where he has charcter issues.

I woud mind him but I would rather go with dan williams if he drops in the 2nd. Also, spoon looks like he could be better than McClain. He's quicker stronger and more vercitible.

Senoir Bowl observations:

1. None of the OLineman distinguished ... shows the folly of relying on Draft for immediate OLine help.

I think Mayock called out Iupati for being a hold artist too. That and him getting beat could have really affected his stock after a solid week of practice.

3. Graham, Weatherspoon. Eads showed well at OLB and took the headlines ... but I thought Cox, Cook and Patterson were outstanding in the secondary.

I'd love it if we could get Edds after the second round.

5. Miller (RMathews caddy) looked great until he fumbled. Ben Tate will be special ... hope Skins can steal him.

I there are a lot of good backs that I think could have success in Shanahans offense. Hardesty, Blount, Upchurch are just a few that (hopefully) can last until we pick in the 4th.

Well here is what Steve Young says about QBs. I'll go with this.

There is no formula, but an NFL quarterback must be able to perform a few basic tasks. He must be able to take the snap from the center, drop to an assigned depth quickly and read the routes of several receivers before throwing into an opening about the size of the average Honda Accord's driver's side window. If Tebow can do all that, he can succeed in the NFL as a quarterback. If he can't, he won't.

Its funny these 3 things our not the main topic on ES, I know these things our mentioned, but not the main topic. Forget about Height, a real strong arm, and What system a guy came from. It cracks me up people talk about size in QBs, I stood right next to Drew Brees and Joe Montana, You would never think these guys were QBs in the NFL. Except for that mark Drew has on is cheek. So rather then Just regurgitate what the Journalist say, Why not base a our evaluation when he gets real reps. Not just one game. Any college QB can learn to play under center if they fail it won't be because they can't take a snap under center, But they will fail for these reasons.

1. Drop back fast

2. Read the Defense

3. Being accurate

It just takes reps to learn to play under center. But reading a D and being accurate is something that either you have or you don't.

After watching the senior bowl, I have one thing to say to all the Gator chomping morons who seem to think Tebow is Joe Montana or Tom Brady - BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -

Thank you for your time.

I hate the Gators, Bunch of prima-donnas These have so much money to recruit the best players in the Country, of course they have a good team. But are you telling me your making your evaluation of Tebow based on that game yesterday, Miami loves him. LOL. But if Tebow can learn to Play under center, Read the D and be accurate he has a good chance. If not he will be in Canada with Gramm.

Archived