Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ask a car salesman thread?

skinsaddict

I still don't understand what all the anger/animosity is all about, SkinsAddict? I feel like you seriously got wronged by MBoyd's dealership. He didn't want to call you back because your number put him below what he wanted to make on the car.

Yeah this is the silliest part of thread.

Skinsaddict wants to buy car for less than dealer is willing to sell car for.

Skinsaddict walks out of dealer.

Dealer has no intention of calling Skinsaddict back because they are at a stalemate on price.

Skinsaddict somehow turns this into a i'm just a number and the dealer has bad customer service.

Uh hello???? What part of you wanted to buy the car for less than they were willing to sell it for was missed?

It's all kind of ludicrous over what $100 or $200 bucks anyway?

Meanwhile, if you figure time is money, Skinsaddict just spent that money in time.

Good thread. :silly:

you're really scoring points with your paying customers. I'm glad I am just a number to you, like every other customer. Communication goes a long way, and that is sorely lacking in the car business. your only goal is to find a sucker, and it looks like you found about 63 of them last month.

Good luck in your business.

Damn, talk about your overreactions. :doh:

you're really scoring points with your paying customers. I'm glad I am just a number to you, like every other customer. Communication goes a long way, and that is sorely lacking in the car business. your only goal is to find a sucker, and it looks like you found about 63 of them last month.

Good luck in your business.

Dude, chill.

where am I overreacting? my money spends and it spent at the competition. the competition not only had my price, but about 5000% better customer service, knowledge, and will do oil changes, rental cars, etc for free. they also guarantee the engine for life.....AND state inspections for every car in my family for free, for life.

now, chipwhich - I got the best deal, so sorry if you feel i did something wrong

elessar78 - I dont even know why you would think I was being bitter or un-reasonable? were you in the dealership with me? i'm glad you all will settle for what people tell you, but I am in sales and know how the game is played.

Mboyd- sorry it didnt work out, I have no hard feelings, but I feel you have given information out on the internet that was unprofessional and that does not mesh well with me. just like you dont have to sell my car at my price, neither did your competition, but they did. you tell me to chill by pointing out my money wasnt good enough and your folks didnt do anything to prove that paying $600 more at your dealership was worth it - hence, I am a number to you all.

they actually waived the fee because the salesguy doesn't like your dealership very much...it was interesting to hear him go off. apparently location location location, and you all have a good one.

I just pulled into my driveway with the new car, I am happy as a pig in poop.

now, will someone please tell me what I did wrong as a consumer? those who ask for more, get more, first rule in negotiations. yes, I was arguing over a few hundred dollars, but that is my right. had I not said anything, they gladly would have sold me at sticker price. it sounds like a bunch of you folks overpaid for your car.

you all should try it out (negotiation), it saves money. you dont always have to listen ((to the man)).

I am not in car sales, but damn I dislike dealing with people that nickel and dime you to death. I am quick to walk away from people that only want the best price.

Waste of time IMO.

have you ever tried to buy a car? "do you want that rust protection?"

"do you want that true coat? you need that true coat."

you all should try it out (negotiation), it saves money. you dont always have to listen ((to the man)).

Uh I think we all know a thing or two about negotiation.

What you did wrong is insult a member of the board because you didn't like their best deal. Then you continually to throw insults for no good reason.

The car business is a game, it's been that way since you were born and will probably be that way when you are gone.

In the meantime, we have all played the game. The game is never won or lost, it's just played. It's good you feel like you won the game. Thats what matters in the end. No need to hate the players, hate the game. ;)

elessar78 - I dont even know why you would think I was being bitter or un-reasonable? were you in the dealership with me? i'm glad you all will settle for what people tell you, but I am in sales and know how the game is played.

It was a question and from the tone of your posts. You're right I wasn't there with you, but I wasn't the only one sensing the tone. I really never try to attack anyone on here and I wasn't in this case.

I'm not "pro The Man". I've had my share of negative car dealership experiences. Again it was a question. All you've given us is that Mboyd's dealership wouldn't sell at the price you wanted. I was trying to find out if he or his salesman was disrespectful to you to create the animosity.

less than you would have paid

Well I mentioned two numbers. a)was a great price and B) was the most I would've paid. The way this thread is going, I don't think you're going to give us what you paid for it. So if you got it under $31,500 then that's a stellar deal. Way to go (sincerely)! If you got it under $33,500 then it's still a great buy with all the other services/concessions you got from the other dealership.

The other question is, if you financed it, what rate did you get? Because Mboyd's dealership was offering a killer 0.9% for 60 months. That has to figure into your total cost.

"less than you would have paid"

Okay. Enough smart guy. Youre such a great negotiator, and youre so great at sales, that you came here to Extremeskins to ask for advice on how to buy a car.

Enjoy your minivan.

not mine, it's the wife's car. i just wondered why they didnt want my money and it appears, they wanted to find a bigger sucker.

thanks for your input you have been nothing but a help.

If you're not making money to fill out the paper work, than what's the point in making the sale?

kickbacks, brah. the dealer makes money when they sell a car, either by getting it off their lot or volume discounts they get at the end of the year.

they made money on me financing the car and a future stream of service to be performed at the dealership. my wife only trusts the dealer.

It was a question and from the tone of your posts. You're right I wasn't there with you, but I wasn't the only one sensing the tone. I really never try to attack anyone on here and I wasn't in this case.

I'm not "pro The Man". I've had my share of negative car dealership experiences. Again it was a question. All you've given us is that Mboyd's dealership wouldn't sell at the price you wanted. I was trying to find out if he or his salesman was disrespectful to you to create the animosity.

Well I mentioned two numbers. a)was a great price and B) was the most I would've paid. The way this thread is going, I don't think you're going to give us what you paid for it. So if you got it under $31,500 then that's a stellar deal. Way to go (sincerely)! If you got it under $33,500 then it's still a great buy with all the other services/concessions you got from the other dealership.

The other question is, if you financed it, what rate did you get? Because Mboyd's dealership was offering a killer 0.9% for 60 months. That has to figure into your total cost.

i got .9% for 60 months at the other mazda dealer, that was the incentive from mazda this month. next month it might be cash back, who knows.

i paid about $34,685 and that included the bose/moon roof/Sirius radio/backup camera/tow package/navigation/power lift gate package.

got an extended 7 year, 100k warrenty and like I said, this dealer does all oil changes, etc for free the first three years, about $500 worth of value.

"the dealer makes money when they sell a car, either by getting it off their lot or volume discounts they get at the end of the year."

The dealer makes money when they sell a vehicle for a PROFIT.

They cease paying interest if the vehicle has been floor planned with a BANK.

Volume discounts "at the end of the year" is a myth. Some manufacturers will award bonuses for both exceptional volume and exceptional customer service COMBINED.

Meaning, you may sell a **** load of cars, but if the customers dont score you high in customer service, you get nothing.

Car dealers are not all alike. New car dealerships have to worry about CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index).

This is not 1968. Customers are well informed, and the business is so competitive, that the profit margins (Invoice - MSRP) are thinner than ever.

Bottom line here is this. MBoyd did everything right. He gave you his best price. You cant be mad at anyone for not wanting to lose money selling you a product.

He wouldnt have his job, and his dealership would go out of business if he sold every customer his product at what you wanted to pay for it.

If he was in anyway trying to scam you, I would call him out in an instant.

At the same time, he did everything right in this case, so im going to defend him.

But my biggest problem with all this, is even after driving that distance to save 600 bucks, you bought an extended warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

But my biggest problem with all this, is even after driving that distance to save 600 bucks, you bought an extended warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thats the classic end to the tale. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

from someone who drove an audi for 7 years, the warrenty is a minimal cost, and if anything breaks I come out ahead. that was what the wife wanted so whatevah. I put 6k on a credit card just to get the airline miles, so I should come up about even.

and yes, I got that at a discount too. :)

seriously, I am not mad at mboyd. they didn't want my busines, so we both won. the dealer that "didnt make much money off me" is going to get high marks in customer service, hopefully it evens out for them in the end.

either way, my wife is going to be home in 15 minutes and there is going to be a new car in the driveway that she gets to pull all the plastic off the car - it's going to be great.

Archived