Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The trade back and draft C.J.Spiller bandwagon

redskinsrmylyfe

did u ever think that if we get another stud RB we would win with him. look at the jets they have the #1 D and runing game.thats why they can compete with any team.it all starts with the run and portis's own team mates did'nt want him in the game the line was calling 4 betts.

You cannot be serious?!?!?! It doesn't matter how good the RB is if you have NO OFFENSIVE LINE. Did you watch ANY games last year? Campbell barely had enough time to get into a 3-step drop before being sacked... and you want a "stud" RB who is unproven in the NFL? Are you kidding me? I completely and utterly disagree with you!!! We need to draft o-linemen and even if it means passing up on a chance like Spiller.

And as far as the Jet's go, you just PROVED MY POINT. They drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold and picking up Alan Faneca from the Steelers and Damien Woody from the Patriots. That's why they are truly able to run the ball! You, sir, know nothing about football. And you cannot spell either.

When picking in the top 5 you need to get a guy who is virtually guaranteed to play in the league for 10 years or more. The life expectency on QB's and O-linemen is longer than most other positions. I remember hearing a former GM on ESPN saying that you take the QB over the RB because of the longevity they have in the league (assuming of course they're both outstanding prospects). The average career for an NFL RB is something like 6 years. Look at how fast Portis and many other RB's have declined.

By the way, Adrian Peterson, for all of his hype, hasn't gone over 100 yards in about 8-9 weeks and he is now known as a "fumbler" after all of his cough-ups this year. As talented as he is ,it was getting a QB that turned the Vikes around.

The Skins need to draft O-line or QB in the first round.

i never said take him in the top 5 . i said trade back and pick up mutiple picks then draft him in the 1st.

You cannot be serious?!?!?! It doesn't matter how good the RB is if you have NO OFFENSIVE LINE. Did you watch ANY games last year? Campbell barely had enough time to get into a 3-step drop before being sacked... and you want a "stud" RB who is unproven in the NFL? Are you kidding me? I completely and utterly disagree with you!!! We need to draft o-linemen and even if it means passing up on a chance like Spiller.

And as far as the Jet's go, you just PROVED MY POINT. They drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold and picking up Alan Faneca from the Steelers and Damien Woody from the Patriots. That's why they are truly able to run the ball! You, sir, know nothing about football. And you cannot spell either.

read my whole post and you'll see that i said draft linemen with the picks we get 4 trading back . as 4 me not knowing football thats funny cause i played semi-pro football.i know more than u could ever know.

i might cant spell but u have no life so whos sader.

its funny that all u guys that want to take a QB then linemen 4 the rest of the draft forget that cambell threw 4 20 TDs this year.how many TDs did we get from the runing game?8TDs. cambell is a ok QB who would bennifit from a good line and a stud RB.we could address the QB spot next year if cambell doesnt work out.

i might cant spell but u have no life so whos sader.

Dude don't take it personally I just don't agree with you and it was hard to read some of your posts that's all. Sorry if I offended you. You still haven't answered any of my questions though. How do you expect Spiller to run behind an old, beat-up offensive line? No matter how good you are, and Spiller is AMAZING, you cannot run effectively if you have no line to block for you. Case and point, Cedric Benson. Look at the change from last year to this year, Benson didn't get any better, his offensive line did and now he's running like a madman!

I don't want to have any arguments over the internet about football, there are more important things in life, especially in the midst of the tragedies happening every day over in Haiti. We agree to disagree and that's that. My point was simply that Spiller would be a great pick, but you need a good line first and rookie's take time to develop as offensive linemen. So, to me, going after Spiller would be a waste. And he's a physical runner too, so he would have 6 good years in the NFL at best. Look at Portis.

Agree to disagree?

read my whole post and you'll see that i said draft linemen with the picks we get 4 trading back . as 4 me not knowing football thats funny cause i played semi-pro football.i know more than u could ever know.

I played varsity football and my uncle, Jerry Rosburg is the special teams coach for the baltimore ravens...look it up

but i'm not going to get into a flame-war with you haha its just a waste of both of our times

I am just in awe of why folks always want to go for the "sexy" picks, they neglect the unsung backbone of any team, the lines. Joe Gibbs won with 3 different Quarterbacks, why? I believe a lot has to do with the line he had. One of the best, if not THE best Offensive Lines in all of football, as well as great Defensive Lines as well.

A great Offensive Line allows adequate Quarterbacks and Runningbacks to look great. While on the other side of the ball, great Deffensive Lines cause pressure, leading to more turnovers, making the Linebackers and Cornerbacks look great.

While I would love to trade down to get picks, I would not use one of those picks to choose a Runningback in the First. I would use those additional picks to restock our porous Offensive Line.

I am just in awe of why folks always want to go for the "sexy" picks, they neglect the unsung backbone of any team, the lines. Joe Gibbs won with 3 different Quarterbacks, why? I believe a lot has to do with the line he had. One of the best, if not THE best Offensive Lines in all of football, as well as great Defensive Lines as well.

A great Offensive Line allows adequate Quarterbacks and Runningbacks to look great. While on the other side of the ball, great Deffensive Lines cause pressure, leading to more turnovers, making the Linebackers and Cornerbacks look great.

While I would love to trade down to get picks, I would not use one of those picks to choose a Runningback in the First. I would use those additional picks to restock our porous Offensive Line.

I am in complete agreement with you!! Finally somebody who sees it my way! :applause:Everyone wants the Mark Sanchez of last year, or the Dez Bryant, or the CJ Spiller....when the fact of the matter is that no offense is good without a stacked o-line

Everyone wonders why the Patriots aren't as good these last few years...well look at their offensive line. Matt Light and company are starting to age and their O-line is slowly deteriorating

I am in complete agreement with you!! Finally somebody who sees it my way! :applause:Everyone wants the Mark Sanchez of last year, or the Dez Bryant, or the CJ Spiller....when the fact of the matter is that no offense is good without a stacked o-line

Everyone wonders why the Patriots aren't as good these last few years...well look at their offensive line. Matt Light and company are starting to age and their O-line is slowly deteriorating

Yeah, but Spiller is pretty awesome. Chris Johnson had a sweet season behind a mediocre offensive line. But the OP was saying that the Skins should use the 2nd-4th rounders on O-line. I like this plan. Spiller needs to be Portis's successor.

do you realize that three linemen could go in the top 10?!?! this is a great year to draft a lineman....so why settle for less in the 2nd-4th round when you could draft an okung or davis or williams in the first, and they have significantly more talent than anyone who would be drafted in the 2nd-4th rounds....hell CJ could fall into the second and then I would be fine with the move, but not on a first round pick!!

Yeah, but Spiller is pretty awesome. Chris Johnson had a sweet season behind a mediocre offensive line. But the OP was saying that the Skins should use the 2nd-4th rounders on O-line. I like this plan. Spiller needs to be Portis's successor.

thank you for clearing that up.people read what they want and don't acknowledge that my plan was to get more picks to fix the oline with.I just dont think we need to use the 4th pick on a QB . if they take okung ill be cool but if its bradford i would rather trade back and pick up more picks.also i belive that RB is a bigger need than QB.i cant see why others dont feel we need a RB.oh well we all have our own ideas,so i guess we just need to trust bruce and shanny to do whats best.

thank you for clearing that up.people read what they want and don't acknowledge that my plan was to get more picks to fix the oline with.I just dont think we need to use the 4th pick on a QB . if they take okung ill be cool but if its bradford i would rather trade back and pick up more picks.also i belive that RB is a bigger need than QB.i cant see why others dont feel we need a RB.oh well we all have our own ideas,so i guess we just need to trust bruce and shanny to do whats best.

I agree with you on that point....Jason Campbell isn't the best QB in the league, but you'd be hard pressed to find somebody in the draft who is going to come in right away and perform at a higher level than him (although most ppl just hate JC).... i wouldn't mind drafting a RB, but I would rather see the skins choose a OL with the first few picks and then allow shanahan to find his "diamond in the rough" RB like he always does....or even bring peyton hillis to DC...although i love ganther and marcus mason

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=315105

This is my dream scenario.

People get hung up on not taking an O Line with the 4th pick.

Everyone has to understand even with a great O Line you still need playmakers. Why not try to use the draft to get a playmaker and OL?

Trade back, get CJ Spiller... Get a extra 2nd round pick for the trade and take 2 OL in the 2nd. Go into FA trying to get OL aswell.

Spiller can be used several different ways. We know Jason Campbell likes hitting dump off passes and screens. Spiller would be perfect for this. He would take pressure off of Campbell. Than every once and awhile you split Spiller out wide. He will dominate LB's in space.

With the trade back scenario you can still fill needs and get a player with "highlight" reel potential. This offense needs a "Adrian Peterson" "Chris Johnson" type. A guy who is a real threat.

Let me say this though, if we can't trade back than we dont pick up Spiller. Im only advocating this if we can trade back. I am on board the CJ Spiller Bandwagon. Dude is awesome.

By the way on my thread I said we should trade both TE's and get someone like Ben Watson. I know thats a little crazy but my only logic for doing that is to get multiple draft picks so we can rebuild our OL. I'll be happy if we keep both aswell. I love Cooley and Davis has shown tons of potential.

I agree with you on that point....Jason Campbell isn't the best QB in the league, but you'd be hard pressed to find somebody in the draft who is going to come in right away and perform at a higher level than him (although most ppl just hate JC).... i wouldn't mind drafting a RB, but I would rather see the skins choose a OL with the first few picks and then allow shanahan to find his "diamond in the rough" RB like he always does....or even bring peyton hillis to DC...although i love ganther and marcus mason

i like ganther AND HILLIS MIGHT BE OK BUT I CANT HELP FALLIN IN LOVE WITH SPILLER.

I belive we can trade back in the 1st pick up a extra 2nd and 3rd.Then select C.J.Spiller with the 1st rounder and still get a qb and a couple of good OL-men in the 2nd through 4th round. I watched alot of Spillers games and a talented back like that does't come around that often.

......................................__.......... ......................................

.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......

.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................

..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................

...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.......................... .......

.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....

..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..

...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................

................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................

.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................

..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................

................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................

................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,...... ............

................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............

..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,

...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........

................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........

...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......

......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!!

O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!!O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!!

O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!!

O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!!O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!! O LINE!!

What if we take Okung and Bradford drops alot till the mid/end of the 1st. We all assume that because we take Okung we wont get a QB in the first round.

As someone else said it's alot easier to trade up then it is to trade down. What would stop us from trading up and picking up Bradford if he falls. I can see this trade easily costing us our 2nd round pick this year and a 1st and a 3rd in 2011 if its a mid 1st round trade up or just our 2nd this year and our 1st next year if its in the bottom quarter. You'd essentially be getting Bradford for a 2nd rounder THIS year and pleased everyone with both the TOP OT and got the QB most people want. As for next year that's another story.

But I like this version better because bradford or clausen is alot more likely to fall then Okung. That shows his value. Take the TOP OT and then hope one of the QBs fall.

Atlanta did this with Matt ryan and traded back into the first round to get sam baker. Matt Ryan wouldnt Fall and even though Baker was projected as a 2nd rounder the Falcons had him graded higher and that is all that mattered.

I dont even care for any of the QBs in this draft but all I;m saying is get a guy that is not just the best but will be an immediate contributer to a part of the team that direly needs it and roll the dice later hoping for guys with tons of questions falls down reasonably enough to trade back up so you dont have to mortgage our whole future.

If you wanna have fun and all test how good this team really is with good coaching. Trade this years first and second round picks for later round picks and picks next year. Even at a reduced value. Doing this because we are accumulating picks to move up next year and take a consensus top QB prospect like Jake Locker or anyone else that happens to spring up.

The great thing with trading down is you can alot of times get picks for the present and future years. If we could trade our #4 for maybe a high second this year and 1st and a second next year then we would still have 2 second round picks this year, 2 picks in the first two rounds yet would net another 1st next year AND a second giving us two firsts and two seconds in 2011 with would be great leverage in trading up. You could go further and trade the 2 second round picks this year for more picks or if someone happens to fall like bradford either hold or even trade up with the 2 picks or next years picks.

If you don't care about superstars and are interested in building a team then there is nothing better you can do then acquire more picks. More picks = more players or in the event that someone you love is hanging around you have the ability to trade for them.

I'm off topic and Spiller looks like he will be a good back but we need an oline. Spiller is on the smaller side but he is not built like ray rice. He's a burner with moves. Has good balance and can take/deliver some hits at the college level but there is no way I'd take him in the first to run behind our line. Spiller is a luxury and is there for teams that are pretty solid and need a bonafide burner/playmaker.

Archived