Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Was there a Mace incident at Fedex a few years back?

corrupt3d

Yes there was. A fight in section 122 or 123 (visitor side) where the rent-a-cops sprayed mace/pepper spray on them and it floated down on to the field. I happen to sit in that section which is why I know about it. First time I've ever seen anything like it. I think they've since taken the stuff away from stadium police.

Yes there was. A fight in section 122 or 123 (visitor side) where the rent-a-cops sprayed mace/pepper spray on them and it floated down on to the field. I happen to sit in that section which is why I know about it. First time I've ever seen anything like it. I think they've since taken the stuff away from stadium police.

This is the correct response. It was a MNF game vs the Eagles.

And Bubba is right - I believe it was the Sept 16 2002 MNF game.

Edit: found this: http://www.teamcoalition.org/news/articles/mondaynight.asp

This is the correct response. It was a MNF game vs the Eagles.

Yep and it was actually kind of freaky being at the game. The stadium announcer just said an unknown substance had been released on the Eagles sideline. This was right after 9-11.

It was a Philly game. They're saying it was section 220 but I know it was in the lower rows by the field. More like 120 area.

http://www.teamcoalition.org/news/articles/mondaynight.asp

The police pepper spray that sickened Philadelphia Eagles players near the end of a nationally televised game against the Redskins at FedEx Field was used to stop one of many brawls during an evening of unusually volatile rowdiness and intoxication, police and officials from both teams said yesterday.

The officials, and several witnesses who were among the 84,982 spectators, portrayed a Monday night that began with pageantry but degenerated into a series of drunken battles between fans of the Eagles and the Washington team, with outnumbered Prince George's County police and stadium security guards trying to intervene.

This guy is arguing that there was and using it as an excuse to show that the Vet and the Linc are (or were) not all that bad.

Well, the incident he is talking about definitely isn't going to help his case; as it was drunken Eagles fans who caused it (I guess it is true that Eagles fans can't handle drinking after the first half, never mind drinking at a Monday night game)

It was in section 220 and it started a little bit earlier in the game when a couple Eagles fans went to the concessions stands and were talking smack at this one guy in the front row of the section on there way out. Then when they came back, the Redskin fan spit in the Eagle fans face and they continued jawing at each other. The Eagle fans went back to there seats, only to come back down a little while later and that is when the chaos ensued and the mace was sprayed and it found its way down to the field where the mace got caught up in the air fans right on the Eagles bench and started spreading all over the players. I was about 4 rows back. Unclassy on all levels!!

It's funny. I was just looking at some old pictures my wife found from that game. Pictures of players that I would like to forget wore Redskin uniforms.

That was a terrible ending to a terrible game. If it wasn't for Jacques Green's kick return ( if I remember correctly), we would of been shut out.

It's funny. I was just looking at some old pictures my wife found from that game. Pictures of players that I would like to forget wore Redskin uniforms.

That was a terrible ending to a terrible game. If it wasn't for Jacques Green's kick return ( if I remember correctly), we would of been shut out.

I was there....Monday night, 37-7 blowout by the eagles. Jaquez scored. Shane Mathews and Danny Woefull both played QB that night.

I even got a wiff of the pepper spray, and I was on the OPPOSITE side of the field but directly across from the incident.

I know and work with the officer who deployed the pepper-spray. We are taught not to use it in crowds due to the chance of it affecting innocent people.

Lets just say he didn't work inside FED EX for a few years (parking lot duty).

I've been with PG for 15 years. PM me for proof if you need it.

I sit in section 120 and was at the game with my father-in-law. before we realized it was mace, both my father-in-law and I (both having heart conditions) found it hard to breath. It wasn't until we realized the mace had been sprayed and the huge fans on teh field was pulling it right down over us in 120 (it was in the 200 section) that we realized it was that. It stopped the game for quite some time.

(And yes, it was a Monday night game against Philadelphia).

This guy is arguing that there was and using it as an excuse to show that the Vet and the Linc are (or were) not all that bad.

As has been stated by other posters, this incident only cements the reputation of Eagles fans.

Here's a direct quote of MTH's article link:

"It was absolutely one of the most ridiculous evenings I've ever been a part of," he said. "It was pretty violent, and not a fan-friendly or game-friendly atmosphere."

He said he saw one Eagles fan punch a female Redskins fan and knock her down near the end of the game. He said the Eagles fan had called the woman a name. She pushed him, and he struck her, according to Strulson. "At that point, I was like, 'Okay, we're going home.'"

Lower educational achievement, High unemployment, a harsh home life and alcoholism all contributed to the hooliganism of English soccer fandom in the '70s.

Not too far off from a description of a typical Philly fan.

Yes 2002 eagles MNF. I sit in Section 120 the fight was in the 220 section. The pepper spray then sunk down into the 120 section and was picked up by the eagles sideline fans and blown into the eagles sidelines and onto the field. It wasnt as scary for me because I saw the whole melee and knew what was causing the stinging in my eyes nose and throat

Archived