Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Broncos change their mind on Bobby Turner..UPDATED-Assoc HC

HigSkin

Report: Bobby Turner accepts Washington job

Posted Wed Jan 13th by Kyle

Another longtime Denver Broncos assistant is headed elsewhere: running backs coach Bobby Turner will join Mike Shanahan and the Washington Redskins as associate head coach, FOX 31’s Josina Anderson reports. The move is expected to be finalized today.

http://broncotalk.net/2010/01/13641/broncos-buzz/report-bobby-turner-accepts-washington-job/

This is really starting to shape up... When Shanahan said he was going to meet with all of the coaches, I wasn't sure how many people were going to stay. Not that I wanted everyone out, but I felt like we needed an overhaul so that everyone is well versed in the system and on the same page. In the past, it seemed like not everyone was on the same page the majority of the time.

This is really starting to shape up... When Shanahan said he was going to meet with all of the coaches, I wasn't sure how many people were going to stay. Not that I wanted everyone out, but I felt like we needed an overhaul so that everyone is well versed in the system and on the same page. In the past, it seemed like not everyone was on the same page the majority of the time.

I agree. It's gonna be a breath of fresh air to have a coaching staff put in place by a head coach and GM, and not the owner/his bfff, and to have one specific direction for the team that everyone believes in and is following :D

Also, I love your sig.

Turner and Meidt in? Great!

I liked what I heard about Meidt.

It also might/Meidt indicate that the team is interested in keeping Campbell around b/c Meidt worked with him extensively.

I'm speculating, of course.

Great observation, it definitely does point towards keeping JC for at least another season, especially now since the coach who worked with him is back too and out of anyone on the team currently, I'd bet that he knows the most about JC and his playing skill and attributes.

• 1 month later...

Archived