Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI.Com: Mark McGwire admits to using steroids

ECU-ALUM

That might have killed baseball. They had just had the strike in 1994. Locking them out again would've been a horrible idea.

Yeah, because letting them play has had such a wonderful effect. My 8 year old son had to ask me why Manny Rameriez couldn't play for 40 games. And I had to tell him that Manny cheated really badly to which my son asked, do other baseball players cheat like that...I should NOT have to have this conversation with my 8 year old.

BTW, when the players association forces the league into a corner then the league needs to act in the best interests of baseball.

Yeah, because letting them play has had such a wonderful effect. My 8 year old son had to ask me why Manny Rameriez couldn't play for 40 games. And I had to tell him that Manny cheated really badly to which my son asked, do other baseball players cheat like that...I should NOT have to have this conversation with my 8 year old.

BTW, when the players association forces the league into a corner then the league needs to act in the best interests of baseball.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think baseball would've lost everyone had they had a lockout soon after the strike. People were just starting to tune back in after the Ripken streak and then the HR Race of 98. Selig could have been more aggressive about it, but we don't really know what was going on behind the scenes.

That sucks that you had to explain that to your son, I'm sure it wasn't easy. Most of the people I gew up watching probably did streroids. If it ever came out that Ripken and Griffey were users, I dunno what I'd do.

IMO;

The record for most career homeruns still belongs to Hank Aaron at 755.

And the single season homerun record still belongs to Roger Maris at 61.

The roider records need to be stricken from the record books.

If we found out that they used any other method of cheating to achieve these records they would have stricken their records roids are no different.

Amen!! I really don't get this whole attitude in the sports world from writers to commentators who are saying we can't do any of that as it would taint the hall and those in it.

Cheaters need not be recognized. end of story. I don't care what it does. I've heard some who I talk with today who said, what about the ones who didn't get caught? What about them? They didn't get caught. Life isn't fair. I'm with you, if you were caught any record or achievement should be withheld and you should not be allowed into the hall.

I have a few issues wit this. One being he did it. Two being that he lied for almost 10 years about it. Than after so long and lying for so long he finally comes clean.....sort of:doh:

I've heard a lot of sports gurus and pundits talking about what should be done. Most agree nothing. BS

he's a cheater. what could he have done without steriods? Who knows, but he cheated.

Should cheaters records be erased from the hall or should they be forgotten in regard to hall selection... YES!!!!!

Here's why. In life, when we cheat the normal outcome in most cases is we lose. When someone cheats on a test in school and they are found out, the test is thrown out and an F or 0 is given. they aren't told "I know you cheated, but we don't know if you got those good scores because you cheated or if you did it on your own, so since we don't know and it might taint everyone elses grades we will just reward you with the score you got and no other consequences"

the pundits have also stated that we don't know how many other cheaters there are in the hall. We can't destroy these records while not knowing who else cheated. WHAT!@!!

they are not destroying the hall or the records the cheaters are! This IMO is real easy. The ones you know about you revoke their status. You erase their record/records. The ones who aren't in, don't get in PERIOD!!

I don't care who knows what and if they could have done it without cheating, but they did, and none of what they did should be rewarded or even considered since they did cheat.

Agree 1000000%

Bully! Bully I say!

~Bang

Archived