Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Cj Spiller?

Touch of Class 17

i personally think spiller is a bust. reggie bush did same things in college and never amounted to anything, and any coach in the nfl isnt gonna let there rb return kicks and be a full time rb, no team does that. im not real sold on many of the rbs this yr, spiller is injury prone. Best could be decent. But as it is you dont need a great rb to win championships. so im all for whatever makes this team better regardless of my opinions

You haven't watched him closely enough then. Tell me what holes are there in his game that labels him a bust?

Reggie Bush can't run between the tackles, that's his biggest problem.

Spiller can, and he is also a great receiver, an all around back with no real weakness. He is not injury prone either >< I'm a Hokie fan and I'd love to have him.

That said, I am in no way saying we should draft him high or even risk losing out on filling other more important holes, it's just if we somehow got Spiller then I wouldn't be upset.

NO way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would rather try Lendale White in FRA. He doesnt have no miles on him yet, basically a goal line last year and didnt get any reps this year. That being said, Id rather have Heimerdinger (Tenn OC) as coach, grab Roos (LT) and Mawae ©- I know hes old, but grab JD Walton (Baylor) in 4th round to learn.

The Skins will be able to pick up Chester Taylor in Free Agency. The Skins need to draft Clausen b/c of his athletic ability and knowledge from playing with Weis. Then, the next three rounds need to be OL. The draft is going to be deep and with the second round high pick a good OL will be there. Remember, Shanahan is very good at drafting RBs. Davies was a low round pick developed.

The Skins will be able to pick up Chester Taylor in Free Agency. The Skins need to draft Clausen b/c of his athletic ability and knowledge from playing with Weis. Then, the next three rounds need to be OL. The draft is going to be deep and with the second round high pick a good OL will be there. Remember, Shanahan is very good at drafting RBs. Davies was a low round pick developed.

Hmm I wonder what kind of price tag Taylor would come with.

That would be an interesting move.

Art Monk is a great, great WR, but NOT the greatest of all time. That's Jerry Rice.

Jerry Rice looked up to Art Monk. And Art Monk didn't have the luxury of having TWO HOF QBs throwing to him... playing in the disgustingly easy NFC West of the 80s... paddign his stats... Jerry Rice may be better, but Art Monk had a harder time earning his catches...

OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!

Remmember Gibss won 3 rings with 3 different QB'S and RB'S. Mike Shanahan will make this his 1st Priority. Expect younger, quicker, smaller lineman with a no-name running back and a QB who can roll out and with a quick release. Meaning bye portis, Campbell and the whol O-line

Jerry Rice looked up to Art Monk. And Art Monk didn't have the luxury of having TWO HOF QBs throwing to him... playing in the disgustingly easy NFC West of the 80s... paddign his stats... Jerry Rice may be better, but Art Monk had a harder time earning his catches...

Cant take away what he did BUT....... was he a product of the system???? J.Taylor was pretty good to and not because Rice was on the other side.

OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!

Remmember Gibss won 3 rings with 3 different QB'S and RB'S. Mike Shanahan will make this his 1st Priority. Expect younger, quicker, smaller lineman with a no-name running back and a QB who can roll out and with a quick release. Meaning bye portis, Campbell and the whol O-line

Yea but we aren't getting Joe Gibbs, we are getting Shanny, who won his 2 SBs with the Same Qb and Same RB.

We can get young OL in FRA. OUR PROBLEM is that we always got alot of players in FRA past their 1st time around. I have NO PROBLEM getting 1st time FRAs. Especially OL who can play at a high level into the mid 30s

OT- M.Roos

OG- C.Snee

C-Jason Spitz

OG-L.Mankins, etc,etc

There are A LOT of quality OL this FRA period

The problem in taking a back so high, as I see it anyway's, as good an individual as Spiller may be; is a needs issue.

If you decide whomever can be your franchise QB for the next decade, you HAVE to take him high in the first, or neglect it to your detriment. Same with top end tackles on the line through rounds one and two. The interior not as much.

So back to backs, and 9 times out of 10, you can pick up a fast, competent back lower down that can start day one. And we know how Shanahan's had a multitude of previous success with various runners.

That ol' lack of picks and way too many holes coming back to bite us HARD in the ass again, sighs.

Hail.

The problem in taking a back so high, as I see it anyway's, as good an individual as Spiller may be; is a needs issue.

If you decide whomever can be your franchise QB for the next decade, you HAVE to take him high in the first, or neglect it to your detriment. Same with top end tackles on the line through rounds one and two. The interior not as much.

So back to backs, and 9 times out of 10, you can pick up a fast, competent back lower down that can start day one. And we know how Shanahan's had a multitude of previous success with various runners.

That ol' lack of picks and way too many holes coming back to bite us HARD in the ass again, sighs.

Hail.

I agree. I think the majority would want to take him if available later on.

If we have to use our 5th pick or whatever on him, then I say no.

It is most definitely a passing league, in our division however, we also better damn well be able to control the clock. Giants, Boyz and Eagles are all capable of racking up points and fast on us.

Allow me to be practical. We have 5 picks total - 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 7th. We lost a third for Jarmon and a 6th to the Vinny decision to bring in Taylor. Even if Thomas comes back to the OLine for another year, that leaves the Skins needing 4 OL.

Even if Campbell is kept, it's clear Collins is not getting younger. The former pretender to the throne, Colt, looked terrible in pre-season and durability can now be added to his list of shortcomings. So the Skins need a QB.

The Redskins got a good third round worthy LB when they drafted the premier DE in the draft in 2009. So, unless they plan on keeping the training wheels on the Porsche, it's time to get a LB and put Orakpo permanently at DE. And no one knows how long Fletcher can keep going, and although I'd let him play until he's ready to retire, that day is coming. So the Skins need a LB.

I'd say the secondary is in good shape, but Smoot is old. Carlos feels he has been dissed and the Skins are infamous for chasing the other players rather than keeping the home grown talent. If the FO lets Carlos go, then you have that need also.

Spiller is the best of the RB's according to Scouts, Inc. and I'd love to see him as a Redskin, but he's like a 9 to 12 pick, not a number 5. He's better than anyone we have at RB and if the Skins had 22 picks, he'd be the RB of choice.

So the Skins need 7 good draft picks. But the Skins only have 5 picks. And the odds of a 5th or 7th round pick starting are slim. So unless you got the Ronco "Make a draft pick" in your Christmas stocking, the Skins just don't have the picks, or for that matter, the need, to get Spiller. He's not the BPA either at #5. So if picking by need or BPA or a combination of both, the answer should still be no.

A worthy first pick IMHO. If you think the QB situation is dire, take a look at our backs.

This guy could be the next Marshall Faulk. He returns kicks, catches passes out of the backfield, can line up wide and run receiver patterns, and he runs hard between the tackles.

Thoughts?

Spiller is a beast.

But, imo we need OL.

We could alway go with the backs we have behind a better OL and throw in a speed back in the later rounds.

Archived