Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Cj Spiller?

Touch of Class 17

Huly being a clemson fan, I have seen him plenty this year....

The kid is good.. plain and simple... think he will have a better nfl career than bush

I think he set some sort of all purpose yardage record... he could end up being a westbrook type of player.

I'll agree to disagree here.

In disclosure, I'm a VT homer. Maybe thats why I don't like him.

Trust me... I am a Terp fan... I hate it when he runs all over us...

But just looking at skills and not what team he plays for.... he is good.

Would it help if I told you Ryan Williams is easily the better RB?

Cause I think he is.

CJ might be more of the game breaker. But every down back? Give me #34.

In my maroon and orange jaded eyes, Ryan Williams is top 3ish in the country, but thats a different discussion

First off Spiller is better than Reggie. He broke most of the Acc records and is faster than anyone (except for Ford). He achieved all of this while having turf toe since the first game of the season. He is an amazing player and I am honored to own his jersey. As for him being a Redskin I would love to watch him grow here but it will all depend on our coach and staff next year.

Tell that to the Vikings and Jaguars. He an excellent receiver as well.

Tell that to any of the SB winners from the past ten years.

What moron(besides Vinny and Dan) believes that having Chris Johnson means you are going to the Superbowl?

I hope not you.

How about Maurice Jones-Drew since you mentioned Jax? Frank Gore? Larry Johnson?

How have their teams done?

Building a team around a RB is literally, the single most ignorant thing you can possibly do.

They aren't important in the win/loss column.

If we trade down I'd be all for it. I don't think Spiller is worthy of a top 5 pick. I'd like to see a LT or QB if we draft that high.

I agree. I don't think he's worth a top 5 pick.

Tell that to any of the SB winners from the past ten years.

What moron(besides Vinny and Dan) believes that having Chris Johnson means you are going to the Superbowl?

I hope not you.

How about Maurice Jones-Drew since you mentioned Jax? Frank Gore? Larry Johnson?

How have their teams done?

Building a team around a RB is literally, the single most ignorant thing you can possibly do.

They aren't important in the win/loss column.

This is brutal honesty but you're right. In today's NFL you don't build your team around a RB. It's definitely a passing league.

How important is a great running back in the NFL these days anyway? Of the top 5 RBs right now, you've got only one who's definitely going to the playoffs (Peterson), 2 maybes (Jones and Jones-Drew), and 2 (the top 2!) who will definitely be watching the playoffs from the couch (Johnson and Jackson). Contrast that with the importance of the QB (the most important position on the field) - the top 5 passers are all on winning teams, and are all going to the playoffs.

Meanwhile, with the exception of Minnesota, most of the other top teams don't have a 1000-yard back - look at Indy, NO, Philly, and San Diego. As the New England Super Bowl teams demonstrated, an elite-level RB is not necessary to be successful. I'd prefer a great/elite QB, a solid line, and merely an average or better back (or 2 or 3), in that order - I think that's a recipe for offensive success. An elite RB is clearly optional.

This is a passing league.

RBs simply aren't a huge priority anymore. And certainly not individual RBs.

Are there some Siamese running backs coming out? I mean the 40 time must be crazy good with all of those legs but I'd worry about elusiveness and them getting through the hole.

Archived