Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poke fans read here NOW!

bubba9497

The rivalry is dead.

The problem is that we haven't played each other in a "meaningful" game in... well I don't remember when. I'm not talking about a game where one is trying to play spoiler. I'm talking about a winner take all game. Division title on the line. Winner in playoffs, loser is home. That's the type of game that brings the blood to a boil. That is what we are missing.

Let's not fool ourselves. This rivalry is pretty much over. There was ZERO anticipation of the game in DC this week. You could sense it on the streets, you could see it on this board. Nobody cared. In years past, even when one team or the other was really bad, Dallas Week still meant something. Not this time.

The rivalry is dead.

blah. blah. blah.

This happens when one or the other team sucks...there's just less enthusiasm when a poor team is involved late in the season.

I'm really tired of these 'rivalry is done' posts.

It can only get better from here.

:rotflmao:

Really? Not for the pukes. That 4th and one offense isn't going to help you in the playoffs. How many times did you get stuffed?

Oh, and I doubt that defense sees another o-line made up of guys off-the-street in any playoff game.

But, get your hopes up...because, it's gonna be fun when the pukes get punched in the stomach.

I have to admit as a Dallas Cowboys fan that this game tonight really saddened me. Most probably the last time I will get to see the Cowboys play the Skins with Jason Campbell lining up as the starting QB. Any chance the Skins resign him for next year? Hope so..........

Funny, this game actually made me quite upbeat...you see, Wade should be back next year even if he doesn't win a playoff game. If he's not, then Garrett is gone too...and a rebuilding begins.

This puke team is an illusion. It plays well against bad teams...and struggles against good ones.

Nice post Bubba. Still hard for me to believe that the skins failed to score a td against us all year and went 0-6 in the division. We couldn't excecute on 3rd and 4rth and short and we do not challenge teams with the deep ball but I'll take the win.

Why is it difficult to think we are so bad...look at the personnel on the o-line.

Funny, this game actually made me quite upbeat...you see, Wade should be back next year even if he doesn't win a playoff game. If he's not, then Garrett is gone too...and a rebuilding begins.

This puke team is an illusion. It plays well against bad teams...and struggles against good ones.

Dang, that pass that sailed 15 feet over Rocks head was some funny stuff. Rock thru up his arms as if to say....WTF??? Yep, Im going to miss Campbell. You just cant make stuff like that up...:D

Really? Not for the pukes. That 4th and one offense isn't going to help you in the playoffs. How many times did you get stuffed?

Oh, and I doubt that defense sees another o-line made up of guys off-the-street in any playoff game.

But, get your hopes up...because, it's gonna be fun when the pukes get punched in the stomach.

you still skipping your naps?

I like this thread. A lot.

Here we have a thread where bubba is acting like he is being the bigger man by congratulating Cowboy fans; however, in reality, he is just trying to keep all the Puke talk in one thread where he doesn't give them any credit for their play and makes excuses as to why the Skins are so bad.

Backhanded compliment would be a step up from what this thread really is.

no your not, or you would accept the congrats with class instead of trying to start more ****

so I have to lie to stroke your ego?

seriously The Skins were killing themselves time and time again, even the announcers who were pro poke, kept pointing out one mistake after another, I posted this at halftime because it was that obvious.... please explain exactly what great plays the pokes defense made? Their int was a gift tip off a off target pass, the big sacks were from no blocking, or Campbell's mistake.

We were using street FA OL, 3 that couldn't make a decent team ( and 1 off them went down). Practice squad level rb's, and the regulars still playing were only going thru the motions.

So if you want to believe your defense shut down a high powered, point scoring machine.... so be it

but it's the same old poke fan mantra

{insert no evil monkey image}

1. That exactly the excuse you and every poke fan used, and still use to this day.... (playoffs clinched, resting players, etc....)

2. I don't remember many saying congrats, if any after that game

I already have, but you refuse to accept it, that's your problem..

take it or not, but stop hijacking my good game hand shake thread with you poor loser whining.

Spin it any way you want. A shutout in the NFL is extremely hard to come by. No matter who is on the field. They happen a few times a season. And offenses a whole lot worse than Washington's and defenses better than Dallas' have squared off without a shutout being produced.

Sure the Redskins O pretty much sucks right now. But they are still and NFL offense who had not been shut out all season. And I don't even know the last time they were shut out period. The Dallas defense didn't even allow a the usual garbage time TD that usually ruins a shut out.

So I stand by what I said. I feel it was a backhanded congratulatory post. I am entitled to that.

You gave ZERO credit to anything Dallas did. None. Zilch. Nada.

You simply should have said, "Good game, but we let you win". It would have had the same force and effect.

So I will thank you for the congratulations on the win (however you believed it happened). But what else did you really say?

I was talking about the Redskins. Try to stay on target.

Here we have a thread where bubba is acting like he is being the bigger man by congratulating Cowboy fans; however, in reality, he is just trying to keep all the Puke talk in one thread where he doesn't give them any credit for their play and makes excuses as to why the Skins are so bad.

As long as I'm not alone. Thank you WB for calling it like it is.

blah. blah. blah.

This happens when one or the other team sucks...there's just less enthusiasm when a poor team is involved late in the season.

I'm really tired of these 'rivalry is done' posts.

I should have made an exception for you. For you, the rivalry lives on. You've made the rivalry a 1-man industry.

Wow!!!! We finally have an admission by tr1 and bubba that the Cowboys are better than the skins. It came in the form of a backhanded compliment and/or with the same old tired one and done arguement, but it came none the less.

What do you say we also revisit the whole Jerry is broke and can't sign Ware or the scoreboard fiasco that has become a total non-issue?

I've thought about it for awhile and maybe bubba was right that it was more about the Skins offense than the Cowboys defense.

Considering the Skins scored the least amount of points in the NFL over the past decade, maybe they have reached a level of ineptitude that obviously doesn't have anything to do with any other team.

Thanks for opening my eyes, bubba.

So a couple of stuffs in one game and all of a sudden its a certainty that they will never be able to convert on short yardage again? They have been very good all year in those situations. I find it funny that you choose to criticize another team before giving your own team props for making the plays. They continued to run right at Haynesworth and he kept making plays. Good for him but I'm sure Dallas will review the film and work it out or call a little more variety in those situations moving forward.

The defense has been playing very well. The saints didn't have a makeshift line and they got good pressure. This is a total non-issue in my book. You play whoever lines up against you and they have done that well as of late.

My hopes aren't really up that high because I didn't think they were a playoff team to begin with but its much better to have a spot wrapped up than to be a laughing stock on the verge of a total rebuild. I think you would agree with that.

Really, WB?

Do you think the pukes are SB bound, too?

Hell, the Giants put up 45 on us...the pukes could only muster 17.

In either case, neither the pukes nor the Eagles are going far into the playoffs.

I'd second that. I can't stand the Penguins.

I don't think DC is becoming a hockey town' date=' fans are just tired of the losing Redskins and can turn to the Caps for a winning atmosphere.[/quote']

maybe not, but the redskins are losing more and more fans every year.

Snyder's goons suing fans

banning signs

overpriced/overrated free agent busts

horrible game day experience

horrible team

I'm still here, but there are more and more opposing team fans in my section with every game.

Does anyone else think that this game lacks emotion? It seems really, for lack of a better word,...slow. It's almost like the players on both teams don't care. It could be that the crowd isn't into it....but it sure doesn't seem like a Cowboys/Redskins game.

Happy Holidays, folks.

I thought I was the only one felt that way it didn't feel like a typical Cowboys/ Skins game at all. I was hoping for at least a good fight *sigh*. Oh well congrads on the win.

Archived