Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poke fans read here NOW!

bubba9497

Just replying in kind to your post.

no your not, or you would accept the congrats with class instead of trying to start more ****

It's not a salutation or credit when you qualify it with "the Redskins offense didn't show up".

so I have to lie to stroke your ego?

seriously The Skins were killing themselves time and time again, even the announcers who were pro poke, kept pointing out one mistake after another, I posted this at halftime because it was that obvious.... please explain exactly what great plays the pokes defense made? Their int was a gift tip off a off target pass, the big sacks were from no blocking, or Campbell's mistake.

We were using street FA OL, 3 that couldn't make a decent team ( and 1 off them went down). Practice squad level rb's, and the regulars still playing were only going thru the motions.

So if you want to believe your defense shut down a high powered, point scoring machine.... so be it

but it's the same old poke fan mantra

{insert no evil monkey image}

If a Dallas fan even mentioned that the team never got off the bus for the 07 game in DC and "didn't show up", they were quickly shut down that it was all the Redskins doing that the game was so one-sided and that it has NOTHING to do with Dallas not showing up.

1. That exactly the excuse you and every poke fan used, and still use to this day.... (playoffs clinched, resting players, etc....)

2. I don't remember many saying congrats, if any after that game

So when you'd like to actually not give a backhanded compliment, let me know.

I already have, but you refuse to accept it, that's your problem..

take it or not, but stop hijacking my good game hand shake thread with you poor loser whining.

Holy crap we suck so huge.

Ok boyz fans, I may be "fair" and all as a football fan and even as a mod, and even objective in reviewing cowboy play as a team, and respectful of certain cowboy players/coaches (Landry) past & present, but I have never been able to wish you a win, ever. :)

But I say you guys are playing well (seems your D is getting it together), Romo sits to pee is doing very well (I have never been a Romo sits to pee basher, choke thoiugh he has IMO, and have said he's damn good more than once, I just hated it), and I know as football fans you would love to see your team return to glory in a championship game as much as I would mine. But I would hate to see the cowboys make it. :silly:

Nothing personal, it's just who I am as an old school Redskins fan. I don't troll or mindlessly flame the boyz or boyz fans, and I can extend congratulations here, but I can't wish you luck in the play-offs. So I don't. :evilg: :D

But as ES members who are fans of my #1 rival team, enjoy the solid win, the December turnaround, and have a safe and great New Years. :helmet:

Great Post.

As a Cowboys fan, if the shoe was on the other foot, I would feel the exact same way. I would accept your team being better, but would never pull for them....ever.

This is what makes the rivarly great. I don't know if the rivalry will ever be the same as it was the past few decades for players & coaches, but it will remain for fans. We need to keep these type of attitudes to keep that rivalry feeling intact.

Holy crap we suck so huge.

Ok boyz fans, I may be "fair" and all as a football fan and even as a mod, and even objective in reviewing cowboy play as a team, and respectful of certain cowboy players/coaches (Landry) past & present, but I have never been able to wish you a win, ever. :)

But I say you guys are playing well (seems your D is getting it together), Romo sits to pee is doing very well (I have never been a Romo sits to pee basher, choke thoiugh he has IMO, and have said he's damn good more than once, I just hated it), and I know as football fans you would love to see your team return to glory in a championship game as much as I would mine. But I would hate to see the cowboys make it. :silly:

Nothing personal, it's just who I am as an old school Redskins fan. I don't troll or mindlessly flame the boyz or boyz fans, and I can extend congratulations here, but I can't wish you luck in the play-offs. So I don't. :evilg: :D

But as ES members who are fans of my #1 rival team, enjoy the solid win, the December turnaround, and have a safe and great New Years. :helmet:

Solid Post right here. Classy all the way to the end coming from an old school Skins fan. Cheers to you man.

Just replying in kind to your post.

It's not a salutation or credit when you qualify it with "the Redskins offense didn't show up".

If a Dallas fan even mentioned that the team never got off the bus for the 07 game in DC and "didn't show up", they were quickly shut down that it was all the Redskins doing that the game was so one-sided and that it has NOTHING to do with Dallas not showing up.

So when you'd like to actually not give a backhanded compliment, let me know.

Then let me clear something up. The Redskins offense DID show up, it just sucks complete and total balls. The Dallas Cowboys are going nowhere in the playoffs.

Let's not fool ourselves. This rivalry is pretty much over. There was ZERO anticipation of the game in DC this week. You could sense it on the streets, you could see it on this board. Nobody cared. In years past, even when one team or the other was really bad, Dallas Week still meant something. Not this time.

The rivalry is dead.

Then let me clear something up. The Redskins offense DID show up, it just sucks complete and total balls. The Dallas Cowboys are going nowhere in the playoffs.

even so, the bottom line is we went further. I remember in the offseason, the Skin fans totally calling for a SB run, I remember how all proclaimed domiance with the signing of Haynesworth, now, lets call out the Cowboys for going further than the Skins reasoning. Please, what next, who has a better draft position?

Link? Otherwise, bull****.

oh please, dont tell me you didnt scream the same thing when it was announced? Now all of a sudden Skin fans (as many fans) are realistic. Please, every March this team hoists its own trophy.

You play for the Sb, but you have to make the playoffs first, at least Dallas has been relevant enough to get there.

oh please, dont tell me you didnt scream the same thing when it was announced? Now all of a sudden Skin fans (as many fans) are realistic. Please, every March this team hoists its own trophy.

You play for the Sb, but you have to make the playoffs first, at least Dallas has been relevant enough to get there.

Again, bull****. Outside of a few maniacal homers, nobody was predicting Super Bowl for this team.

Find me a fan base outside of, say, Cleveland, Detroit, and Tampa that doesn't put on homer glasses every off-season and hype their team up to make themselves believe the same thing...:rolleyes:

Yes, but most of them have been making noise, even Tennessee got the right to be more worked up with their team and didnt make half the noise in the offseason than the Skin fans did.

This whole game had sort of a pre season game feel to it. Skins looked like they packed it in after Campbell's INT to Newman.

Anytime we tried to build off of what little momentum we had, we made a terrible play that virtually took all of it away. I can't wait for the offseason to get here so we can show so many of these bums the door.

Congrats on the win, Dallas. I still hate ya. :)

This whole game had sort of a pre season game feel to it. Skins looked like they packed it in after Campbell's INT to Newman.

Anytime we tried to build off of what little momentum we had' date=' we made a terrible play that virtually took all of it away. I can't wait for the offseason to get here so we can show so many of these bums the door.

Congrats on the win, Dallas. I still hate ya. :)[/quote']

I totally agree with you, but save anyone named Moss, Orakpo, Id even say Davis and Kelly, I dont hear your name being saved for next year. Moss still came to play, and still a Dallas beater, but I think Portis really sees the door this year.

This was a game Cooley was missed. But i personally feel you have a player in Davis.

Yes, but most of them have been making noise, even Tennessee got the right to be more worked up with their team and didnt make half the noise in the offseason than the Skin fans did.

Ehh, not really true. Fans of teams that have done even less than the Skins in recent years do the same thing. It's easy to see every off-season move as a potential positive when it isn't being tested on Sundays. You may hear about Skins fans and our predictions more frequently because our big name FA signings garner more national attention, but almost every fan base does the exact same thing. If you lived in every NFL teams local market, the buzz would be eerily common from April-July.

I totally agree with you, but save anyone named Moss, Orakpo, Id even say Davis and Kelly, I dont hear your name being saved for next year. Moss still came to play, and still a Dallas beater, but I think Portis really sees the door this year.

This was a game Cooley was missed. But i personally feel you have a player in Davis.

I don't think Cooley would have mattered much with the O-line we have here. Davis may be a good player, but people are hyping him up what too much. Cooley is the real deal, I'm glad Davis worked out for a bit, but I'm not willing to give up a baller TE for somebody that shows flashes. Anyway, back to the game before this turns into a Trade Cooley thread.

I think the Skins are lucky they didn't lose by more than just 17. If Dallas could run the ball in short yardage situations this game is way uglier, way earlier. Sucks for fans that game to see a competitive rivalry game. Shutout by your rival in your own stadium, yikes.

:logo:

Congrats I guess. The game just felt...weird. As others have posted above it didn't really feel like a Dallas-Washington game at all. As Al Michaels pointed out I think D.C. is slowly becoming a hockey town. At least temporarily until the Skins get back on track anyway. Personally I think I hate the Penguins now more than I hate the Cowboys.

Congrats I guess. The game just felt...weird. As others have posted above it didn't really feel like a Dallas-Washington game at all. As Al Michaels pointed out I think D.C. is slowly becoming a hockey town. At least temporarily until the Skins get back on track anyway. Personally I think I hate the Penguins now more than I hate the Cowboys.

I'd second that. I can't stand the Penguins.

I don't think DC is becoming a hockey town, fans are just tired of the losing Redskins and can turn to the Caps for a winning atmosphere.

The rivalry is dead.

not among fans

right now the Skins had a dead coach walking, and a uncompetitive team due to injury and apathy the past couple weeks.

Come the off season, hopefully positive changes, a good draft, putting a competitive team out there then the game will reach the heights of the past.

like a pendulum, rivalry swing back and forth, sometime more one way then back the other but in between the teams are even

I'd second that. I can't stand the Penguins.

I don't think DC is becoming a hockey town' date=' fans are just tired of the losing Redskins and can turn to the Caps for a winning atmosphere.[/quote']

I don't know man. You heard Al Michaels talk about all the Ovechkin jerseys and he's right. I see a crap ton of them nowadays. I've seen more people rocking Caps gear these last few months than Skins gear.

Nice post Bubba. Still hard for me to believe that the skins failed to score a td against us all year and went 0-6 in the division. We couldn't excecute on 3rd and 4rth and short and we do not challenge teams with the deep ball but I'll take the win.

There is about one thing the Skins are pretty good at: stopping short yardage. If football we're played on a 1 yard field we'd probably be in the playoffs. :hysterical:

I don't know man. You heard Al Michaels talk about all the Ovechkin jerseys and he's right. I see a crap ton of them nowadays. I've seen more people rocking Caps gear these last few months than Skins gear.

True. In the sea of red Ovechkin jerseys, I'm glad I'm sporting a Backstrom one. :)

But when or IF the Skins get back to winning, it goes right back to being a football town. Maybe by then we can have both the hockey and football teams in the playoffs year in and year out.

Does anyone else think that this game lacks emotion? It seems really, for lack of a better word,...slow. It's almost like the players on both teams don't care. It could be that the crowd isn't into it....but it sure doesn't seem like a Cowboys/Redskins game.

Happy Holidays, folks.

I think Washington completely gave up in the 2nd half, and Dallas also brought the intensity down and seemed to feel sorry for them instead of jumping on them and absolutely putting it away.

The Cowboys short yardage offense was terrible, Washington absolutely stuffed us numerous times. Definitely give their front 7 props for that.

Campbell just doesnt have the mental makeup of an NFL qb in my opinion. He definitely needs to be replaced. Although, it would be tough for anyone to have success behind that oline.

Dallas vs philly should be a good one next week.

Archived