Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One rule I wish they'd revamp.

blue collar

It's the "passer's entire body have to be over the line of scrimmage" rule. I'm watching the 49ers/Lions game and it was obvious that Alex Smith's entire body was passed the line of scrimmage when he completed a TD pass. The Lions challenged and loss.

I wish they'd change it to "any part of the passers body over the line of scrimmage." A lot less calls would get missed and it's less confusing.

It's the "passer's entire body have to be over the line of scrimmage" rule. I'm watching the 49ers/Lions game and it was obvious that Alex Smith's entire body was passed the line of scrimmage when he completed a TD pass. The Lions challenged and loss.

I wish they'd change it to "any part of the passers body over the line of scrimmage." A lot less calls would get missed and it's less confusing.

I agree with PG. The rule is fine. That call in the 49ers game was just flat wrong. Not that I'm complaining, I started Alex Smith this week (2 QB league), so my only problem is he didn't rush for it, but still....

Nah. There's nothing wrong with that rule, bro. It helped me get a TD from Gates on Friday night.:D

Seriously, though. There are some lame rules. But I think that one is fine.

Change all that yardage-for-pass-interference-on-defense rule. Should be 15 yards

There should be two PI rules, flagrant and incidental. Flagrant should be a spot foul, incidental should be 5-15 yards (I'd go with 10, since it's in the middle and it's the starting distance for a first down, but whatever).

Archived