Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need a new game (suggestions wanted)

Forehead

Super Mario Sunshine. It may not be what you've come to expect from a Mario outing, but its still a solid game of its own right.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. look past the cartoony graphics to see a real solid Zelda game. sure, sailing can be a little bit of a pain in the ass at times, but over all, its a great game. And being a Zelda game, it can eat away at your time, which is what it sounds like you want.

Splinter Cell. If you're interested in following the story of the franchise, do it right and play them in order. If you only ever play one Splinter Cell game, though, make it Chaos Theory. Its tough going form CT to older games, because the controls will feel wrong. Anyways Splinter Cell is a solid franchise. Stealth-action game where your best approach is to grab the enemy from behind rather than to running into action with guns drawn. You may consider getting the PC version of Double Agent, though, as PC/360 had the better game (they made two different versions), although the story is supposedly better on the gamecube.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II & III. If you're a fan of the original Star Wars trilogy, these will definitely be a blast. You take part in battles and missions from the original trilogy. Some of them are seen in the movies, some of them briefly mentioned, and some of them are completely new. Solid gameplay and great graphics, plus they do a great job of fleshing out the battles of the original trilogy. If you have a friend to play with you, Rogue Squadron III has Rogue Squadron II as a coop mode.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. This game is a bit of a sleeper hit. Its a psychological horror game that has an excellent story which was inspired by H.P. Lovecraft, but even more, it has a fascinating gameplay aspect... Insanity. Your character will lose sanity at points in the game, and as the level of sanity drops, some weird ass stuff happens. It starts off simple: the camera tilts, the heads of statues turn to follow you as you walk by, the walls start to bleed. but then as you become truly insane, you'll start having hallucinations that go after you, the player, rather than just your character. I don't want to give to much away, but I'll give one example. You'll be walking around a room and all of the sudden your arm will fall off. and then your other arm. and then your head pops off and your body explodes. turns out it was just a hallucination and you revert back to normal. There are SO many insanity effects and you may not even experience them all in one play through.

Geist. I'll admit that this game was not as good as I had hoped for it to be. I was looking for a blockbuster with this one, but it didn't quite cash in on its potential. however, if you can find it for cheap, I think its worth a play through because of how unique it is. Its got enough of a story that you'll want to see what happens next. It is an unconventional FPS. The unique aspect of this game is that you aren't some soldier or anything like that. You are a ghost. You're soul has been separated from your body and you are trying to reunite with your body. In the process, you will possess animals such as mice and dogs. You will possess enemy soldiers to turn against their brothers, and you can even possess objects (in one instance you can possess a vending machine and start shooting soda cans at someone). If you can find it for cheap, I think its worth playing.

that's all I can think of right now.

Archived