Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making the move to Maryland

BayouBrave86

Hey guys,

I got a job in Maryland and I'm currently looking at places to live near the Glen Burnie area. I'm looking at Columbia to Baltimore in terms of places to live. I don't know anyone up there so I'm on the room search right now. Could you guys give me some tips on MD? I'm moving up in January. I personally can't wait to get up there. I miss the east coast fall. I'm coming up at a pretty terrible time in terms of weather though haha.

How bad is commute from Columbia or Baltimore to the Glen Burnie/BWI area?

Well you are a Skins fan right? The farther south you live from Baltimore, the better your chances of getting the Redskins game every week on tv is :silly:

I dont live up there but I have worked in Baltimore, A LOT, and I would not live there if you paid me LOL sure it has a few nice areas but I wouldnt want to live there... I also have friends in Laurel, Bowie and surrounding areas.

The commute, depending on time of day can be bad, especially along 95 and 295, even on 97 but its not that far between columbia and glen burnie. Pasadena is a nice area to live, lots of water surrounding you, if you like that sort of thing and is a little closer to glen burnie than columbia is.. my 2 cents

The BWI exit on 95 from Columbia (RT. 175) is like 8 miles. The good thing is if you live in Columbia and work in Baltimore, you're going the opposite of traffic as tons of people live in the Baltimore area but work in the DC area (like me!).

Columbia has a little bit of everything, Ellicott City is nice.

When it comes to living in MD, Howard County is the way to go.

I'll actually be working in the Glen Burnie/BWI area, so I'm trying to find a place to live around there or pretty close to it for an easy commute. I wouldn't mind driving maybe 20 minutes a day to work though. Is Pasadena that close?

Yea, I'd say you'd be around 20 minutes away. Pasadena is redneck central, though.

Yeah I'm really excited to go to Annapolis in the summer. And then I'll have the mountains to the southwest to go to during the winter time. I'm really looking forward to it all. Been away from it since college. I miss the geography up there in the Virginia/Maryland area. Louisiana is too flat.

Archived