Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny Appreciation Thread

mistertim

First of all, don't get me wrong. I have been a big supporter of getting rid of Vinny for a while now. That being said, he did manage to draft some good talent, etc. He isn't a competent GM. That much is obvious. But he was a good college scout and I wish the best for him and his family. Just for what it's worth.

*crickets*

Just kidding, sucks for his family but he has made a ton of money during the past 10 years and his parting shot at Zorn made me lose any respect I had left.

Oh I completely agree. He was horrible as a GM, etc. I just wanted to wish him and his family well on a personal level.

Thanks for Orakpo....I guess...? Even though he slipped to #13 and was at a position of need...? Good foresight Vinny!! Also thanks for Lloyd, Archuleta, Jason Taylor, T.J. Duckett...is that enough, do you want me to keep going?

Honestly, he did have a couple good picks later in the draft, but his total body of work did not warrant him keeping his job. Best of luck in the future.

I would thank him for:

Sean Taylor, Orakpo, Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, Kareem Moore, Chris Horton, Chris Wilson, Laron Landry, HB Blades, Marko Mitchell, Reed Doughty, and Jeremy Jarmon.

Key word is "would." It's hard to believe that he actually scouted all those players, or had more to do with drafting them than Scott Campbell (to whom I give all kinds of props.)

Vinny failed utterly and ultimately in doing what a GM is there to do, build a winning team. He's really good at drafting defensive backs, and has gotten some late round gems, but that's not what builds a strong NFL team. His complete dismissal of Offensive line trouble is really a indictment of how he should not have ever been a GM for us, much less for 10 years. While yes, it is okay to have two old (but very talented) players coming of injuries as starters, it is NOT okay to have their backups be players who've never played a snap in the regular season.

Ultimately I'm glad he's gone. I think between the scouts the Redskin's have in place, Danny's wallet, and Bruce Allen's judgement we'll be able to finally put together a team that isn't bouncing between 3rd and 4th place in the East each year. (God I hope we get a good coach.)

Archived