Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Israel/Palestine Conflict: Open Discussion

Jrew1223

I'm an International Relations student who has been studying this conflict for the better part of two decades. In my studies and experiences, the things I have read in America seem to be the total polar opposite of what I have seen first hand in the region so I wanted to start this open discussion to see what everyone knows about his conflict. I feel that until all opinions are on the table being placed in a constructive manner, we will never get to the bottom of this and we will be divided and conquered in the mental arena.

The situation seems very simple from my vantage point, but I am only one person.. and unless I become dictator of America my one opinion isn't going to make much of a difference haha...

So let's have it... What do you see as the root causes and what do you think needs to happen for lasting peace in the region?

-Jrew

Seriously, what are you asking?

Conditions in Palestinian-controlled lands are deplorable, but the main driver behind that situation are Palestinians who harbor a desire to kill Jews, rather then Jews' desire to make Palestinians miserable. Both sides have nuts. Israel has the capacity to keep their nuts in check.

Seriously, what are you asking?

Conditions in Palestinian-controlled lands are deplorable, but the main driver behind that situation are Palestinians who harbor a desire to kill Jews, rather then Jews' desire to make Palestinians miserable. Both sides have nuts. Israel has the capacity to keep their nuts in check.

Alexey-

There are no Palestinian controlled lands and there never really were any after Israel declared statehood in 1948. The areas such as the West Bank and Gaza Strip are Israeli controlled. Why do you think the Palestinians harbor a desire to kill Jews?

The reason I ask what I do is because a lot of the views you are stating are not grounded in the reality of what is happened/is happening there.

Having read your initial responses I fear for the future of humanity haha... Seriously...

I agree.

I just never understood what part of creating ghettos for the Palistinians to live in they thought would be a good idea?? I see it as Israel doing pretty much (not the death camps) the same thing that was done to them... :doh:

I agree.

I just never understood what part of creating ghettos for the Palistinians to live in they thought would be a good idea?? I see it as Israel doing pretty much (not the death camps) the same thing that was done to them... :doh:

I totally agree with you...100%. It could be argued that the Zionists are trying to accomplish the same goal as the Nazis in the eradication of a people, but they are framing the scenario in a way that makes it look acceptable in the eyes of the rest of the world as "self-defense"

*Disclaimer - Zionist does not equal Jew, Zionists are the radical Jews that see other religious and racially different peoples as inferior.

I totally agree with you...100%. It could be argued that the Zionists are trying to accomplish the same goal as the Nazis in the eradication of a people, but they are framing the scenario in a way that makes it look acceptable in the eyes of the rest of the world as "self-defense"

*Disclaimer - Zionist does not equal Jew, Zionists are the radical Jews that see other religious and racially different peoples as inferior.

What do you call Muslims who feel the same way?

Alexey-

There are no Palestinian controlled lands and there never really were any after Israel declared statehood in 1948. The areas such as the West Bank and Gaza Strip are Israeli controlled. Why do you think the Palestinians harbor a desire to kill Jews?

The reason I ask what I do is because a lot of the views you are stating are not grounded in the reality of what is happened/is happening there.

I guess that depends on the definition for "controlled". You can say that Gaza Strip, for example, is controlled by Palestinians, but you can also say that it's controlled by Israel.

Most Palestinians do not harbor a desire to kill Jews, and those that do, do so for different reasons.

What do you call Muslims who feel the same way?

I call them Radical Islamists... There are radicals in every religion preaching everyday, but what we don't seem to shed light on is what events take place that finally gave these radicals an audience.

Hitler preached his Nazi ideals for 10 years before conditions in Germany were so bad that he finally had an audience. The Jews didn't make the German conditions bad, but they gave Hitler a scapegoat and thus rise to power...

Radical Islamists didn't have an audience until Western powers came and colonized the region for its natural resources. Jihadi suicide bombing preaching clerics didn't have an audience until one day tens of thousands of foreigners came to Palestine and threw the local people out of their homes to make way for more foreigners...

In Christianity when in America we abolished slavery the KKK played off of the fears of the black man to gain influence...

People do not irrationally hate... There is always a reason and a cause...

I guess that depends on the definition for "controlled". You can say that Gaza Strip, for example, is controlled by Palestinians, but you can also say that it's controlled by Israel.

Most Palestinians do not harbor a desire to kill Jews, and those that do, do so for different reasons.

I know what your saying, but I disagree again with your definition of control... Palestinians have no control in Gaza at all. Gaza is walled off from the rest of the world and the borders are patrolled by the Israeli Defense Force who do not allow anyone in or anyone out. This includes any aid in the form of food, medicine, and construction materials. Mind you that the Gaza Strip is not a large place by any means and it is home to 1.5 million people who are mostly unemployed.

It is my experience that the muslims that harbor desire to kill jews do so because their lives have been made so horrific that they literally have no other option since surrounding Islamic countries do not consider them citizens. It's like being in a room with a balloon expanding killing whoever it touches and there's no where for you to go.

Did you know that before the Zionists came to shore all three religions co-existed peacefully?

The responses you are seeing are based on the presumption that you came in with an agenda and to make a point. The start of your discussion rings of intellectual dishonesty. This is a conversation we have had both civilly and aggressively a thousand times on this board alone.

You don't want to expose your agenda this early in the game.

Destino-

I don't have an agenda and it sounds like your wording your sentence like I am here to push a certain ideological point of view which I am not. I'm just here because after all I have seen first hand I want to hear from others on their perceptions.

Archived