Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Traffic in Morning driving to Reagan Airport

Ruchizzle

That is pretty bad at that time of the day, I work in Old Town so I go through the misery.

Take the metro if possible to the airport if not, leave really early. I am sure you will take 495 south afte the bridge take RT 1 to Old Town. Make a right on one of the side streets and then left on South Washington Street (GW Pkway) take that in to the airport and ummm good luck :(

That is pretty bad at that time of the day, I work in Old Town so I go through the misery.

Take the metro if possible to the airport if not, leave really early. I am sure you will take 495 south afte the bridge take RT 1 to Old Town. Make a right on one of the side streets and then left on South Washington Street (GW Pkway) take that in to the airport and ummm good luck :(

That's what I told him about the Metro but he's taking a gun with him. He's deploying and flying out of there. Do you think 6am for an 830am flight will be early enough?

You will hit traffic around St Barnabas road on 495 at that time of the day, then all the way up rout 1 towards the airport. Best thing to do is drop his butt off at the last stop on the Metro green line (495 and rout 5) and let him take metro in :D

oops, you;ll hit traffic easily.. didnt see that part about the gun and what not...best thing to do is leave by the latest.. 5am

OR slightly earlier like 4:30 and goto IHOP on rout 1 in potomac yard and buy that man breakfast before he heads out! :)

You will hit traffic around St Barnabas road on 495 at that time of the day, then all the way up rout 1 towards the airport. Best thing to do is drop his butt off at the last stop on the Metro green line (495 and rout 5) and let him take metro in :D

oops, you;ll hit traffic easily.. didnt see that part about the gun and what not...best thing to do is leave by the latest.. 5am

OR slightly earlier like 4:30 and goto IHOP on rout 1 in potomac yard and buy that man breakfast before he heads out! :)

Thanks for the help I think you're the only one that recognized the Metro will not work.. I wish it did, but he has a gun so not really possible. Thanks for the help again..

Thanks for the help I think you're the only one that recognized the Metro will not work.. I wish it did, but he has a gun so not really possible. Thanks for the help again..

NP!

That IHOP is only 2 miles from the Airport as well.. so by leaving very early, you'll miss the rush, then you all can relax for a bit and get some grub

I do not think it's really that bad. Does his flight leave at 8:30? Then he should be there by 7:30. Which means if you leave at 6:30 there should be no problem.

It still is between Andrews and the Bridge, then on rout1, that can be a NIGHTMARE at 6am trust me, I grew up over there... the new WW bridge is much better than the old, but it still backs up at that time, just not as bad.

Archived