Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Zorn is gone, the best coaching candidate has got to be D.Green...

MVPWilliams17

Vintage Green (also note the record of the cardinals at the bottom of the screen)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc

Good video-

Also noticed that on the espn ticker along the bottom they mentioned that Matthew Stafford would start against Mississippi State- :silly:

As for Green, I think we can do better. He is a good coach, gets fired up, but there has to be a reason he is not in any coaching position anywhere in the NFL. And no its not because he is in the UFL.

I dont put too much stock in a coaches record with another team. Its a whole different situation, with tons of reasons why he did, or didnt show success.

If we are going to lose Zorn, I still would prefer Mike Mularkey.

I do think its funny in regards to fans making fun of Sherm Lewis as the Bingo caller, and doubts about him because he was away from football, and now I see many posts about fans wanting him to stay.

I would like to see Shanny along with his son as OC.

If it works out son could take over as HC down the line.

Its just a dream but I can wish no D Green I think its past his time.

I thought Green had medical problems & coaching the Redskins will take a lot out of you.

Look how much Zorn has aged in the last 2 seasons.

Its not the owner of the team its the Redskins in general win or not that would do this to a person.

I find it amazing that people criticize Snyder, then post crap like this.

I'm done with retreads. I'd rather find a younger coach who is hungry rather than one who has been around the block with multiple teams.

Multiple teams?!?

He's been with two.

Highly successful with one...

The other one was, well... The Cards.

Went nowhere?!

The best of his teams, in 1998, lost 1 game, scored the second most points in league history and was one missed field goal from going to the Super Bowl?

What are you talking about?

They went 15-1 with a great team I give you that, but yea ..they went nowhere. Winning one playoff game after you finish 15-1 is going nowhere..so what are you talking about? :doh:

Dennis Green = 95-94 in the regular season and 4-8 in the postseason, you know who else is winning a lot of regular season games? Wade Phillps...

So again, no thank you to D.Green

Leave the coaching staff alone, Zorn is learning to become a ring general, so he wasn't a great play caller, seems to me, its still his playbook thats working now, Sherm didn't bring an old playbook with him. The only overhaul is needed is on overpriced has beens and Cerrato.

I like Dennis Green and what he has accomplished in the past.

But, I would not want him as the HC for the Skins. We truly need to look at the college ranks and get a young motivated hungry coach who we can lock down for the next 10 years!

Just like Joe Gibbs, Green has been out of coaching for some time now. I don't know how informed he is about todays game and the players in this year draft, to include the free agents we may go after.

Only 3 years its not that long plus the cards hadnt had but 1 winning record for the last 30 years. But they are doing good with some of his players

Dennis Green...

With Green you're getting a west-coast guy from MUCH higher up the Bill Walsh tree (than Zorn). You're getting an established "big-name" coach. You're getting a guy with a history with your current offensive play-caller (coordinator), whose past teams have been playoff to Super Bowl caliber for many years. Whose was the head coach of the team that scored the second-most point in a NFL season.

The man has the credentials and would seem to make TOO much sense for this for the front office to pull off.

Umm no. He was in the UFL and he couldn't turn around the Cardinals. I think that I will pass on that one though.

I like Dennis Green and what he has accomplished in the past.

But, I would not want him as the HC for the Skins. We truly need to look at the college ranks and get a young motivated hungry coach who we can lock down for the next 10 years!

I think that college coaches have poisoned mine and many other fellow fans from even thinking that a college coach would be a good idea. See Spurrier.

Archived